Re: SeaMonkey 2.14 and Thunderbird 17.0.11pre

Re: SeaMonkey 2.14 and Thunderbird 17.0.11pre

Dave Yeo-3
Dave Yeo wrote:
> I've uploaded the above to
> https://bitbucket.org/dryeo/dry-comm-esr17/downloads.

Forgot to mention the requirements. Basically should be the same as the
Bitwise relases. Warp V4.5+, mzfntcfgft, the pthread and mmap libraries
and perhaps a gcc library needed for the yum libraries.
Never did update the readme etc due to shortage of time :)
Dave

Re: SeaMonkey 2.14 and Thunderbird 17.0.11pre

Steve Wendt
On 3/19/2014 2:06 PM, Dave Yeo wrote:

> I've uploaded the above to
> https://bitbucket.org/dryeo/dry-comm-esr17/downloads.

Thanks Dave!

Steve Wendt wrote:
> On 3/19/2014 2:06 PM, Dave Yeo wrote:
>
>> I've uploaded the above to
>> https://bitbucket.org/dryeo/dry-comm-esr17/downloads.
>
> Thanks Dave!

I take it that the zips weren't corrupted? Uploaded them at the library
with my trusty $5 laptop and it was hard to tell if anything was
happening using HTML to upload. Wish the library computers weren't so
locked down.
Dave

Re: SeaMonkey 2.14 and Thunderbird 17.0.11pre

Alan Beagley-2
On 03/19/14 05:14 pm, Dave Yeo wrote:
> Dave Yeo wrote:
>> I've uploaded the above to
>> https://bitbucket.org/dryeo/dry-comm-esr17/downloads.
>
> Forgot to mention the requirements. Basically should be the same as the
> Bitwise relases. Warp V4.5+, mzfntcfgft, the pthread and mmap libraries
> and perhaps a gcc library needed for the yum libraries.
> Never did update the readme etc due to shortage of time :)
> Dave

Thanks, Dave. Once I had all the necessary .dlls in place it worked --
but until I did there were no error messages: it just didn't run.

Alan

Re: SeaMonkey 2.14 and Thunderbird 17.0.11pre

Barbara-46
On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 21:14:08 UTC, Dave Yeo <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Dave Yeo wrote:
> > I've uploaded the above to
> > https://bitbucket.org/dryeo/dry-comm-esr17/downloads.
>
> Forgot to mention the requirements. Basically should be the same as the
> Bitwise relases. Warp V4.5+, mzfntcfgft, the pthread and mmap libraries
> and perhaps a gcc library needed for the yum libraries.
> Never did update the readme etc due to shortage of time :)
> Dave

Thanks for your good work, Dave.  When you get time to update the
"readme", at the top, insist that the user create a NEW PROFILE before
starting it up.

I didn't do that when trying Firefox 17.0.5.  I tried the profile I'd
been using for version 10, duh.  17 never worked for me.  In spite of
trying set it up Yum-less to give it all DLLs it wanted, it would
start up, then just croak.  (...and yes, I did eventually create a new
profile for it...)  Naturally it hosed my "normal" profile putting in
stuff I'd never seen before, but I had it backed up and returned to
Firefox version 10.

If I try any of these new V17 offerings again, I'll use one of my
backup computers.  I've been using Firefox and Thunderbird 10.0.11
with very few problems.

--
Barbara

Re: SeaMonkey 2.14 and Thunderbird 17.0.11pre

Harald Kamm
On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 21:06:31 UTC, Dave Yeo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've uploaded the above to
> https://bitbucket.org/dryeo/dry-comm-esr17/downloads.

Thanks so much!

Kind regards, Harald

Re: SeaMonkey 2.14 and Thunderbird 17.0.11pre

Doug Bissett-2
wrote:

> Dave Yeo wrote:
> > I've uploaded the above to
> > https://bitbucket.org/dryeo/dry-comm-esr17/downloads.
>
> Forgot to mention the requirements. Basically should be the same as the
> Bitwise relases. Warp V4.5+, mzfntcfgft, the pthread and mmap libraries
> and perhaps a gcc library needed for the yum libraries.
> Never did update the readme etc due to shortage of time :)
> Dave

Thanks Dave.

I have built WarpIn installers for Firefox-17-0-5-beta 2,
Thunderbird-17-0-11esrpre and Seamonkey-2-14-en-US-esr (SM probably
isn't "esr". Is TB "esr"?). RPM/YUM is NOT required to obtain the
DLLs, unless SM needs something new. Firefox, and Thunderbird, work
fine after install. Seamonkey crashes, with what seems to be a
missing, or defective, DLL. POPUPLOG.OS2 shows:
=================================
03-20-2014  11:27:14  SYS2070  PID 1152  TID 0001  Slot 00a5
W:\SEAMONKEY\SEAMONKEY.EXE
XUL->MOZJS.__ZN2js15SecurityWrapperINS_23CrossCompartmentWrapperEE14d

03-20-2014  11:27:17  SYS3170  PID 1152  TID 0001  Slot 00a5
W:\SEAMONKEY\SEAMONKEY.EXE
c0010001
10609460
EAX=00000000  EBX=00000000  ECX=00000000  EDX=00000000
ESI=14bec7d0  EDI=00000000
DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
CS:EIP=005b:1d5605fd  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
SS:ESP=0053:0012ff08  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
EBP=0012ff20  FLG=00010202

XUL.DLL 0001:01009460
=======================
I also have a few PROCDUMPS, but they are about 1.5 meg.

The installer checks for the requirements that Firefox 17 needs, and
all were found. I don't see any sign of any related *.TRP files. The
crash is almost instant, after starting the program.

I am also unsure where I should upload the installers. It doesn't seem
to be appropriate to put them at Netlabs, and I probably need to
change the Package Vendor name from Netlabs to something else
(Suggestions?).

--
From the eComStation of Doug Bissett
dougb007 at telus dot net

On 3/20/2014 11:12 AM, Doug Bissett wrote:

> I have built WarpIn installers for Firefox-17-0-5-beta 2,
> Thunderbird-17-0-11esrpre and Seamonkey-2-14-en-US-esr (SM probably
> isn't "esr". Is TB "esr"?).

Yes, FF and TB are ESR, and since SeaMonkey has the patches applied as
well, it should really be 2.14.11/ESR.

> I am also unsure where I should upload the installers. It doesn't seem
> to be appropriate to put them at Netlabs

Why not?

> change the Package Vendor name from Netlabs to something else
> (Suggestions?).

Doug Bissett seems appropriate.  ;-)  Or does it intend to mean the
producer of the code, rather than the packager?  Mozilla, then.

Re: SeaMonkey 2.14 and Thunderbird 17.0.11pre

Doug Bissett-2
On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 18:33:24 UTC, Steve Wendt <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 3/20/2014 11:12 AM, Doug Bissett wrote:
>
> > I have built WarpIn installers for Firefox-17-0-5-beta 2,
> > Thunderbird-17-0-11esrpre and Seamonkey-2-14-en-US-esr (SM probably
> > isn't "esr". Is TB "esr"?).
>
> Yes, FF and TB are ESR, and since SeaMonkey has the patches applied as
> well, it should really be 2.14.11/ESR.

Okay. A little cleanup is required to get ir right, but that is not
difficult. I also need the README.OS2, but the one that is with
Firefox seems to address most of it, so I will change a few words in
that, and add it to the stuff that Dave put into the ZIP files.

> > I am also unsure where I should upload the installers. It doesn't seem
> > to be appropriate to put them at Netlabs
>
> Why not?

Well, Netlabs really doesn't have anything to do with the new
versions. Perhaps I should fall back to the old standby HOBBES.
Perhaps both.

> > change the Package Vendor name from Netlabs to something else
> > (Suggestions?).
>
> Doug Bissett seems appropriate.  ;-)  Or does it intend to mean the
> producer of the code, rather than the packager?  Mozilla, then.

I think it is meant to indicate the owner of the code, but in this
case, it makes more sense to indicate who did the port. "Bww
bitwiseworks GmbH" would seem to be logical, but I am not sure if
they, or Mensys, actually own the code changes for OS/2. "Mozilla" is
a bit of a gray area. They seem to be getting rid of the OS/2 code,
which may mean that the OS/2 version may not have the right to use
that name. Perhaps "OS2  users" would be appropriate.

Changing the vendor name does introduce a complication for the WarpIn
installer (but that is easy to overcome, as long as users read the
instructions), so it would be good to get it right. Once I get the
WarpIn builder working properly, I will offer it to whoever seems to
think they want it (it is easy enough to incorporate it into the build
process - PMMail does that). If nobody wants to take it, I will
continue to build WarpIn installers from the distributed ZIP files.
The builder takes the ZIP file, extracts it, adds a few things, and
packages the final product. It takes about a minute to do it (on my
system), once the builder is set up properly.

Meanwhile, Seamonkey seems to have a problem, that Firefox and
Thunderbird, do not (on my system, at least), and that needs to be
resolved.

--
From the eComStation of Doug Bissett
dougb007 at telus dot net

Doug Bissett wrote:

> I am also unsure where I should upload the installers. It doesn't
> seem to be appropriate to put them at Netlabs,

Why not?

> and I probably need to change the Package Vendor name from Netlabs
> to something else (Suggestions?).

Bitwise Works is not netlabs.org, at least not always. ;-) I suggest
to use the name of the organization or person who creates the package
and makes it available. So it might be you, since Dmitriy and Silvan
don't support external packages.

BTW: Why don't you feel to be part of netlabs.org? Because of the
distance from Canada to Europe?

--
Andreas Schnellbacher

On 3/20/2014 12:59 PM, Doug Bissett wrote:

> Well, Netlabs really doesn't have anything to do with the new
> versions.

Netlabs really doesn't have anything to do with anything, other than
being a hosting service.

> I think it is meant to indicate the owner of the code, but in this
> case, it makes more sense to indicate who did the port. "Bww
> bitwiseworks GmbH" would seem to be logical, but I am not sure if
> they, or Mensys, actually own the code changes for OS/2.

Neither of them "own" the code changes per se.  Mensys has no
involvement, while all contributors have to follow the license.  The
license does allow for making closed derivatives, but by no means could
they use the original product names in that case.

> They seem to be getting rid of the OS/2 code, which may mean that the
> OS/2 version may not have the right to use that name.

For Firefox and Thunderbird, you can't use the name unless it is built
using the official source tree.  Bitwise thinks Mozilla won't really
notice/care, and they are probably right.  For SeaMonkey, the council
could probably care less.

> Perhaps "OS2  users" would be appropriate.

How about "Warpzilla Community"?

Re: SeaMonkey 2.14 and Thunderbird 17.0.11pre

Doug Bissett-2
On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 20:36:09 UTC, Steve Wendt <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 3/20/2014 12:59 PM, Doug Bissett wrote:
>
> > Well, Netlabs really doesn't have anything to do with the new
> > versions.
>
> Netlabs really doesn't have anything to do with anything, other than
> being a hosting service.

Somehow, I thought they hosted the build environment too.

> > I think it is meant to indicate the owner of the code, but in this
> > case, it makes more sense to indicate who did the port. "Bww
> > bitwiseworks GmbH" would seem to be logical, but I am not sure if
> > they, or Mensys, actually own the code changes for OS/2.
>
> Neither of them "own" the code changes per se.  Mensys has no
> involvement, while all contributors have to follow the license.  The
> license does allow for making closed derivatives, but by no means could
> they use the original product names in that case.

Well, Bitwise "owns" the code, since they made it. AFAIK, it was
Mensys that hired them to do it (paid for by users).

> > They seem to be getting rid of the OS/2 code, which may mean that the
> > OS/2 version may not have the right to use that name.
>
> For Firefox and Thunderbird, you can't use the name unless it is built
> using the official source tree.  Bitwise thinks Mozilla won't really
> notice/care, and they are probably right.  For SeaMonkey, the council
> could probably care less.
>
> > Perhaps "OS2  users" would be appropriate.
>
> How about "Warpzilla Community"?

How about just "Warpzilla"? I see there is another post about using
Netlabs, so I will probably leave it as "Netlabs", for now. We can see
what others think, and change it later, if somebody has a really good
idea. The Vendor can be almost anything, but WarpIn uses it to
identify whether a new release is from the same place as previous
releases.

--
From the eComStation of Doug Bissett
dougb007 at telus dot net

Re: SeaMonkey 2.14 and Thunderbird 17.0.11pre

Doug Bissett-2
On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 20:03:12 UTC, A <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Doug Bissett wrote:
>
> > I am also unsure where I should upload the installers. It doesn't
> > seem to be appropriate to put them at Netlabs,
>
> Why not?

See below...

> > and I probably need to change the Package Vendor name from Netlabs
> > to something else (Suggestions?).
>
> Bitwise Works is not netlabs.org, at least not always. ;-) I suggest
> to use the name of the organization or person who creates the package
> and makes it available. So it might be you, since Dmitriy and Silvan
> don't support external packages.
>
> BTW: Why don't you feel to be part of netlabs.org? Because of the
> distance from Canada to Europe?

To be honest, I have never really looked at what Netlabs really is. I
put previous WarpIn installers of Firefox, Seamonkey, and Thunderbird,
there, because that was where the ZIP files were put. I have also
retreived packages from there, because that is where they are. The
latest releases were not put there, so I was not too sure what the
rules are.

Okay, until I am told otherwise, I will put the installers at Netlabs,
and I will leave the vendor name as "Netlabs". I need to do a bit of
cleanup to the installers, and I will upload them when I can get them
to work (probably tomorrow).

--
From the eComStation of Doug Bissett
dougb007 at telus dot net

On 3/20/2014 2:52 PM, Doug Bissett wrote:

>> Netlabs really doesn't have anything to do with anything, other than
>> being a hosting service.
>
> Somehow, I thought they hosted the build environment too.

You mean SVN and Trac?  They do for some projects, but never have for
Mozilla (before Bitwise started their github project, it was properly
upstream, minus some patches which hadn't made it).  Again, that is a
hosting service.  Once upon a time, NetLabs funded work on stuff like
WarpVision and UniAud, but it's been years.  These days, it's just a
nice umbrella for OS/2 related projects.

>> Neither of them "own" the code changes per se.  Mensys has no
>> involvement, while all contributors have to follow the license.
>
> Well, Bitwise "owns" the code, since they made it. AFAIK, it was
> Mensys that hired them to do it (paid for by users).

If you are an IBM employee, and you work on the Linux kernel, do you
"own" your contributions to that?  Does IBM?  There is ownership in the
sense of maintaining the code, but I'm not sure if that is what you
meant.  English can be quite ambiguous.

> How about just "Warpzilla"? I see there is another post about using
> Netlabs, so I will probably leave it as "Netlabs", for now.

Sure, either one seems fine.  Might as well stick to what you have used
previously, unless there is a good reason to change.

On 03/19/14 05:06 pm, Dave Yeo wrote:

> I've uploaded the above to
> https://bitbucket.org/dryeo/dry-comm-esr17/downloads. They seem to run
> stable, don't use hardly any shared lower memory and seem slightly
> slower then the 10esr tree.
> They have all the same problems as the Bitwise beta2 release of Firefox,
> weird plugin support though I have not tested much nor tested Flash.
> The big issue is the handling of some non-displayable characters, namely
> linefeeds (LF) and tabs. This is most noticeable in mail and news
> resulting in boxes at the end of lines in some messages and in the
> compose window, tabs sometimes also instead of being expanded also
> result in the missing glyph box. Strangely I don't get the missing glyph
> boxes on my OS/2 ver4 install though tabs still aren't always expanded.
> We'll probably have to hope that dmik finds the problem.
> Any other problems should be compared to the beta2 release of Firefox
> 17.0.5 and if they seem to be only TB or SM related an issue can be
> opened at bitbucket (can use your github ID to log in I believe).

Thanks. It works but seems a little slow, especially if I click on a
link to a graphic.

Alan

On 03/20/14 02:52 PM, Doug Bissett wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 20:36:09 UTC, Steve Wendt<[hidden email]>
> wrote:

>> >Netlabs really doesn't have anything to do with anything, other than
>> >being a hosting service.
> Somehow, I thought they hosted the build environment too.

Bitwise is mostly using rpm/yum for a build environment which is hosted
there. I'm still using my old build environment excepting linking to a
couple of libraries from there. This may change as for 24ESR I'll need
the updated Python.
Haven't been too happy with the RPM/YUM build environment here.

It's licensed with the original licenses and varies. Eg looking quickly
at a new ipc OS/2 file it is Copyright The Chromium Authors. They might
change their copyright notices but so far they are contributors and the
licenses are gpl/lgpl/mpl or in the above file, bsd style.

>> >Neither of them "own" the code changes per se.  Mensys has no
>> >involvement, while all contributors have to follow the license.  The
>> >license does allow for making closed derivatives, but by no means could
>> >they use the original product names in that case.
> Well, Bitwise "owns" the code, since they made it. AFAIK, it was
> Mensys that hired them to do it (paid for by users).

I meant to look into rebranding and still plan to. I also originally
built Thunderbird as Earlybird but seem to have made a last minute
error. Eventually we should rename the ports, unluckily it is not simple
anymore.

>> >For Firefox and Thunderbird, you can't use the name unless it is built
>> >using the official source tree.  Bitwise thinks Mozilla won't really
>> >notice/care, and they are probably right.  For SeaMonkey, the council
>> >could probably care less.

>> >How about "Warpzilla Community"?
> How about just "Warpzilla"? I see there is another post about using
> Netlabs, so I will probably leave it as "Netlabs", for now. We can see
> what others think, and change it later, if somebody has a really good
> idea. The Vendor can be almost anything, but WarpIn uses it to
> identify whether a new release is from the same place as previous
> releases.

I like Warpzilla
Dave

On 03/20/14 11:12 AM, Doug Bissett wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 21:14:08 UTC, Dave Yeo <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Dave Yeo wrote:
>>> I've uploaded the above to
>>> https://bitbucket.org/dryeo/dry-comm-esr17/downloads.
>>
>> Forgot to mention the requirements. Basically should be the same as the
>> Bitwise relases. Warp V4.5+, mzfntcfgft, the pthread and mmap libraries
>> and perhaps a gcc library needed for the yum libraries.
>> Never did update the readme etc due to shortage of time :)
>> Dave
>
> Thanks Dave.
>
> I have built WarpIn installers for Firefox-17-0-5-beta 2,
> Thunderbird-17-0-11esrpre and Seamonkey-2-14-en-US-esr (SM probably
> isn't "esr". Is TB "esr"?). RPM/YUM is NOT required to obtain the
> DLLs, unless SM needs something new. Firefox, and Thunderbird, work
> fine after install. Seamonkey crashes, with what seems to be a
> missing, or defective, DLL. POPUPLOG.OS2 shows:
> =================================
> 03-20-2014  11:27:14  SYS2070  PID 1152  TID 0001  Slot 00a5
> W:\SEAMONKEY\SEAMONKEY.EXE
> XUL->MOZJS.__ZN2js15SecurityWrapperINS_23CrossCompartmentWrapperEE14d
> 127
>
> 03-20-2014  11:27:17  SYS3170  PID 1152  TID 0001  Slot 00a5
> W:\SEAMONKEY\SEAMONKEY.EXE
> c0010001
> 10609460
> EAX=00000000  EBX=00000000  ECX=00000000  EDX=00000000
> ESI=14bec7d0  EDI=00000000
> DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
> ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
> FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
> GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
> CS:EIP=005b:1d5605fd  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
> SS:ESP=0053:0012ff08  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
> EBP=0012ff20  FLG=00010202
>
> XUL.DLL 0001:01009460
> =======================
> I also have a few PROCDUMPS, but they are about 1.5 meg.

That's weird and points to you having the wrong mozjs.dll on your system
or libpath. Here it is 2377497 bytes and the md5 is
49512bf7426e41c2d11cb180bdc8a8f6 *mozjs.dll
Note that the mozjs.dll is a change from 10esr and previous versions to
make xul.dll smaller.

> The installer checks for the requirements that Firefox 17 needs, and
> all were found. I don't see any sign of any related *.TRP files. The
> crash is almost instant, after starting the program.
>
> I am also unsure where I should upload the installers. It doesn't seem
> to be appropriate to put them at Netlabs, and I probably need to
> change the Package Vendor name from Netlabs to something else
> (Suggestions?).

If you want to create a bitbucket account (or use a github account) I
could give you upload privileges. Not sure about FF17.0.5ESR since it is
a bitwise build. Perhaps I should upload FF17.0.11? It would still be
better for it to be on github as that is where my Mozilla tree is.

Dave

Alan Beagley wrote:

> On 03/19/14 05:06 pm, Dave Yeo wrote:
>> I've uploaded the above to
>> https://bitbucket.org/dryeo/dry-comm-esr17/downloads. They seem to run
>> stable, don't use hardly any shared lower memory and seem slightly
>> slower then the 10esr tree.
>> They have all the same problems as the Bitwise beta2 release of Firefox,
>> weird plugin support though I have not tested much nor tested Flash.
>> The big issue is the handling of some non-displayable characters, namely
>> linefeeds (LF) and tabs. This is most noticeable in mail and news
>> resulting in boxes at the end of lines in some messages and in the
>> compose window, tabs sometimes also instead of being expanded also
>> result in the missing glyph box. Strangely I don't get the missing glyph
>> boxes on my OS/2 ver4 install though tabs still aren't always expanded.
>> We'll probably have to hope that dmik finds the problem.
>> Any other problems should be compared to the beta2 release of Firefox
>> 17.0.5 and if they seem to be only TB or SM related an issue can be
>> opened at bitbucket (can use your github ID to log in I believe).
>
> Thanks. It works but seems a little slow, especially if I click on a
> link to a graphic.

Yea, it seems somewhat more CPU intensive to me as well. Not really sure
why unless it is the extra IPC code which I'd think doesn't get used
much. I did build it with the same options as 10esr.
One thing I noticed with FF17.0.5ESR was that plugins seemed to screw
things up, especially the older native ones. You might want to test with
no plugins
Dave

Re: SeaMonkey 2.14 and Thunderbird 17.0.11pre

Doug Bissett-2
On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 23:10:41 UTC, Steve Wendt <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 3/20/2014 2:52 PM, Doug Bissett wrote:
>
> >> Netlabs really doesn't have anything to do with anything, other than
> >> being a hosting service.
> >
> > Somehow, I thought they hosted the build environment too.
>
> You mean SVN and Trac?  They do for some projects, but never have for
> Mozilla (before Bitwise started their github project, it was properly
> upstream, minus some patches which hadn't made it).  Again, that is a
> hosting service.  Once upon a time, NetLabs funded work on stuff like
> WarpVision and UniAud, but it's been years.  These days, it's just a
> nice umbrella for OS/2 related projects.
>
> >> Neither of them "own" the code changes per se.  Mensys has no
> >> involvement, while all contributors have to follow the license.
> >
> > Well, Bitwise "owns" the code, since they made it. AFAIK, it was
> > Mensys that hired them to do it (paid for by users).
>
> If you are an IBM employee, and you work on the Linux kernel, do you
> "own" your contributions to that?  Does IBM?  There is ownership in the
> sense of maintaining the code, but I'm not sure if that is what you
> meant.  English can be quite ambiguous.

Actually, I did mean that they "own" it, meaning that they are
creating what needs to be created.

> > How about just "Warpzilla"? I see there is another post about using
> > Netlabs, so I will probably leave it as "Netlabs", for now.
>
> Sure, either one seems fine.  Might as well stick to what you have used
> previously, unless there is a good reason to change.

"Netlabs" it is, for now...

--
From the eComStation of Doug Bissett
dougb007 at telus dot net

Re: SeaMonkey 2.14 and Thunderbird 17.0.11pre

Doug Bissett-2
On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 00:09:44 UTC, Dave Yeo <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 03/20/14 11:12 AM, Doug Bissett wrote:
> > On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 21:14:08 UTC, Dave Yeo <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:

> >> Forgot to mention the requirements. Basically should be the same as the
> >> Bitwise relases. Warp V4.5+, mzfntcfgft, the pthread and mmap libraries
> >> and perhaps a gcc library needed for the yum libraries.
> >> Never did update the readme etc due to shortage of time :)
> >> Dave
> >
> > Thanks Dave.
> >
> > I have built WarpIn installers for Firefox-17-0-5-beta 2,
> > Thunderbird-17-0-11esrpre and Seamonkey-2-14-en-US-esr (SM probably
> > isn't "esr". Is TB "esr"?). RPM/YUM is NOT required to obtain the
> > DLLs, unless SM needs something new. Firefox, and Thunderbird, work
> > fine after install. Seamonkey crashes, with what seems to be a
> > missing, or defective, DLL. POPUPLOG.OS2 shows:
> > =================================
> > 03-20-2014  11:27:14  SYS2070  PID 1152  TID 0001  Slot 00a5
> > W:\SEAMONKEY\SEAMONKEY.EXE
> > XUL->MOZJS.__ZN2js15SecurityWrapperINS_23CrossCompartmentWrapperEE14d
> > 127
> >
> > 03-20-2014  11:27:17  SYS3170  PID 1152  TID 0001  Slot 00a5
> > W:\SEAMONKEY\SEAMONKEY.EXE
> > c0010001
> > 10609460
> > EAX=00000000  EBX=00000000  ECX=00000000  EDX=00000000
> > ESI=14bec7d0  EDI=00000000
> > DS=0053  DSACC=f0f3  DSLIM=ffffffff
> > ES=0053  ESACC=f0f3  ESLIM=ffffffff
> > FS=150b  FSACC=00f3  FSLIM=00000030
> > GS=0000  GSACC=****  GSLIM=********
> > CS:EIP=005b:1d5605fd  CSACC=f0df  CSLIM=ffffffff
> > SS:ESP=0053:0012ff08  SSACC=f0f3  SSLIM=ffffffff
> > EBP=0012ff20  FLG=00010202
> >
> > XUL.DLL 0001:01009460
> > =======================
> > I also have a few PROCDUMPS, but they are about 1.5 meg.
>
> That's weird and points to you having the wrong mozjs.dll on your system
> or libpath. Here it is 2377497 bytes and the md5 is
> 49512bf7426e41c2d11cb180bdc8a8f6 *mozjs.dll
> Note that the mozjs.dll is a change from 10esr and previous versions to
> make xul.dll smaller.

I found the problem. Entirely my own fault. I missed the "L" on the
RUN! version of the executable name, and I had Firefox already
running.

> > The installer checks for the requirements that Firefox 17 needs, and
> > all were found. I don't see any sign of any related *.TRP files. The
> > crash is almost instant, after starting the program.
> >
> > I am also unsure where I should upload the installers. It doesn't seem
> > to be appropriate to put them at Netlabs, and I probably need to
> > change the Package Vendor name from Netlabs to something else
> > (Suggestions?).
>
> If you want to create a bitbucket account (or use a github account) I
> could give you upload privileges. Not sure about FF17.0.5ESR since it is
> a bitwise build. Perhaps I should upload FF17.0.11? It would still be
> better for it to be on github as that is where my Mozilla tree is.
>
> Dave

I will be in touch.

BTW, the Seamonky, and Thunderbird, releases that you made, are
significantly larger than older versions. and the Bitwise Firefox. Did
you forget to LX_LITE them?

--
From the eComStation of Doug Bissett
dougb007 at telus dot net