Re: SeaMonkey 2.0 with Enigmail Support

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SeaMonkey 2.0 with Enigmail Support

Robert Kaiser
Neil wrote:
> Let me be the first to point out what a brilliant API design putting
> thread pane functions on a variable called gFolderDisplay is.

It's a bit unfortunate, I guess, but the train of thought seems to be
that the thread pane displays folder contents (even if it's virtual
folders that even even just consist of search results across the whole
tree), which don't always have to be "threads"...

You probably really need to take up this with asuth and his reviewers
though.

Robert Kaiser
_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SeaMonkey 2.0 with Enigmail Support

Andrew Sutherland-3
On 09/08/2009 09:35 AM, Neil wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a gFolderDisplay for Thunderbird's
> message-only displays (both tabs and standalone windows)?

Yes.  All message-only displays are still backed by nsMsgDBView
instances and so have the DBViewWrapper abstraction and
FolderDisplayWidget abstractions present.

In the case of message tabs, the thread-pane is actually hooked up, just
hidden.  In the case of standalone windows, there is no thread pane.

Subclasses of the FolderDisplayWidget and MessageDisplayWidget exist for
the different use-cases.

Documentation which may assist:

http://clicky.visophyte.org/examples/live/doccelerator/_design/doccelerator/index.html#f=mail/base/content/folderDisplay.js&f=mail/base/content/messageDisplay.js&t=StandaloneMessageDisplayWidget&t=StandaloneFolderDisplayWidget

Andrew
_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SeaMonkey 2.0 with Enigmail Support

Sledge Hammer-2
Andrew Sutherland wrote:

> On 09/08/2009 09:35 AM, Neil wrote:
>> Does anyone know if there is a gFolderDisplay for Thunderbird's
>> message-only displays (both tabs and standalone windows)?
>
> Yes.  All message-only displays are still backed by nsMsgDBView
> instances and so have the DBViewWrapper abstraction and
> FolderDisplayWidget abstractions present.
>
> In the case of message tabs, the thread-pane is actually hooked up, just
> hidden.  In the case of standalone windows, there is no thread pane.
>
> Subclasses of the FolderDisplayWidget and MessageDisplayWidget exist for
> the different use-cases.
>
> Documentation which may assist:
>
> http://clicky.visophyte.org/examples/live/doccelerator/_design/doccelerator/index.html#f=mail/base/content/folderDisplay.js&f=mail/base/content/messageDisplay.js&t=StandaloneMessageDisplayWidget&t=StandaloneFolderDisplayWidget
>
>
> Andrew


To follow up:

is this actually going to help fix enigmail? As of today, I cannot find a valid
nightly on the download site. I cannot use SM 2.0 without enigmail. Whats the
status on this?

Regards,

Hammer
_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SeaMonkey 2.0 with Enigmail Support

John W. Moore III-3
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

Sledge Hammer wrote:

> To follow up:
>
> is this actually going to help fix enigmail? As of today, I cannot find a valid
> nightly on the download site. I cannot use SM 2.0 without enigmail. Whats the
> status on this?

Have You checked http://enigmail.mozdev.org/download/nightly.php .

If none of these Nightly Builds works for You then I'd appreciate
learning which O/S You're using.  32bit or 64bit?

You might also consider either bringing this up on the Enigmail Forum
[http://www.mozilla-enigmail.org/forum/index.php] or the Enigmail
Mailing List [https://www.mozdev.org/mailman/listinfo/enigmail].

TIA

JOHN ;)
Timestamp: Wednesday 16 Sep 2009, 16:08  --400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (MingW32)
Comment: Public Key at:  http://tinyurl.com/8cpho
Comment: Gossamer Spider Web of Trust: http://www.gswot.org
Comment: Personal Web Page:  http://tinyurl.com/yzhbhx

iQEcBAEBCgAGBQJKsUX3AAoJEBCGy9eAtCsPBPsH/3R1diz7xX/XDrego7Zh27Bp
LphQDzXaXehYkJMBrUplctMLjwHVxAkBnctulmUIaM6uzaYIo0x789f0d39b3taP
JO4EyuNJzW78wcleVVIG3Kl21b1E+C5hqWXsAXf7oHO1ofwZrAk6xHfqhZ/yHV0F
KgJAuUpD35dXoOo/ZJ4jafNc4hauBAkDMMEfUTFzOy/rAGy+/pN4E48r6oC9I+g1
J1IG3PHC/bZI7IpPUOren+OIVJhEXBK/qtffp6IrUuUNoA/+BC1IZAJuZHrmlsu6
4ZznKhEPnZlEExsoimCYwi8U1NJKUEFKJ+wChZovZ/Jq7nxozhdNF0yWE9/mVwc=
=isXH
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SeaMonkey 2.0 with Enigmail Support

Tobias Fischer-2
In reply to this post by Sledge Hammer-2
On 16.09.2009 20:59, Sledge Hammer wrote:

> Andrew Sutherland wrote:
>> On 09/08/2009 09:35 AM, Neil wrote:
>>> Does anyone know if there is a gFolderDisplay for Thunderbird's
>>> message-only displays (both tabs and standalone windows)?
>>
>> Yes.  All message-only displays are still backed by nsMsgDBView
>> instances and so have the DBViewWrapper abstraction and
>> FolderDisplayWidget abstractions present.
>>
>> In the case of message tabs, the thread-pane is actually hooked up, just
>> hidden.  In the case of standalone windows, there is no thread pane.
>>
>> Subclasses of the FolderDisplayWidget and MessageDisplayWidget exist for
>> the different use-cases.
>>
>> Documentation which may assist:
>>
>> http://clicky.visophyte.org/examples/live/doccelerator/_design/doccelerator/index.html#f=mail/base/content/folderDisplay.js&f=mail/base/content/messageDisplay.js&t=StandaloneMessageDisplayWidget&t=StandaloneFolderDisplayWidget
>>
>>
>> Andrew
>
>
> To follow up:
>
> is this actually going to help fix enigmail? As of today, I cannot find a valid
> nightly on the download site. I cannot use SM 2.0 without enigmail. Whats the
> status on this?

In https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=516453 the work to
implement the minimal APIs needed for Lightning and hopefully also for
Enigmail goes on. This is sure wanted for the SM 2.0 Release, to get an
Release without a working Enigmail Support would be really bad.

I have got an Enigmail-Nightly-Build for Windows from before the
API-Change build 2009-06-15, and this works mostly with SeaMonkey 2.0b2
and also the current 2.0pre Nightly-Builds.

In the curent Builds the Dialog in "Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings"
"OpenPGP Security" "Advanced" is broken and unfunktional, but
Keymanagement, signing and de- and encrypting messages works fine.

If you like, I can send you the *.xpi via E-Mail for the experimental
use until the relatet issue was fixed in SeaMonkey.


Tobias
_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SeaMonkey 2.0 with Enigmail Support

Sledge Hammer-2
Tobias Fischer wrote:

> On 16.09.2009 20:59, Sledge Hammer wrote:
>> Andrew Sutherland wrote:
>>> On 09/08/2009 09:35 AM, Neil wrote:
>>>> Does anyone know if there is a gFolderDisplay for Thunderbird's
>>>> message-only displays (both tabs and standalone windows)?
>>> Yes.  All message-only displays are still backed by nsMsgDBView
>>> instances and so have the DBViewWrapper abstraction and
>>> FolderDisplayWidget abstractions present.
>>>
>>> In the case of message tabs, the thread-pane is actually hooked up, just
>>> hidden.  In the case of standalone windows, there is no thread pane.
>>>
>>> Subclasses of the FolderDisplayWidget and MessageDisplayWidget exist for
>>> the different use-cases.
>>>
>>> Documentation which may assist:
>>>
>>> http://clicky.visophyte.org/examples/live/doccelerator/_design/doccelerator/index.html#f=mail/base/content/folderDisplay.js&f=mail/base/content/messageDisplay.js&t=StandaloneMessageDisplayWidget&t=StandaloneFolderDisplayWidget
>>>
>>>
>>> Andrew
>>
>> To follow up:
>>
>> is this actually going to help fix enigmail? As of today, I cannot find a valid
>> nightly on the download site. I cannot use SM 2.0 without enigmail. Whats the
>> status on this?
>
> In https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=516453 the work to
> implement the minimal APIs needed for Lightning and hopefully also for
> Enigmail goes on. This is sure wanted for the SM 2.0 Release, to get an
> Release without a working Enigmail Support would be really bad.
>
> I have got an Enigmail-Nightly-Build for Windows from before the
> API-Change build 2009-06-15, and this works mostly with SeaMonkey 2.0b2
> and also the current 2.0pre Nightly-Builds.
>
> In the curent Builds the Dialog in "Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings"
> "OpenPGP Security" "Advanced" is broken and unfunktional, but
> Keymanagement, signing and de- and encrypting messages works fine.
>
> If you like, I can send you the *.xpi via E-Mail for the experimental
> use until the relatet issue was fixed in SeaMonkey.
>
>
> Tobias


Thank you for the update and thank you for the offer. As this is actively being
worked on, I will simply wait until this is fixed, before switching to SM 2.0

Hammer
_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird