Re: Screen Reading

Michael Curran
I don't use Zoom Text myself, but I do use other screen readers.

Usually it depends whether you want punctuation to be read. Personally I
like hearing my punctuation. So this means that apart from using the
punctuation to inflect the text, it also expands the punctuation symbols in
to words.

So for instance, in NVDA right now, I heard i've as
i tick vee

This doesn't bother me one bit. I'm sure that some might get bothered by it,
but what we have to remember is that blind people, unless reading with
braille, have no way of getting the full content unless they are able to
hear the punctuation.

Perhaps for a word like i've its probably better being pronounced as ive,
but, I don't know... I like seeing the same as what sighted people see...
they see i've, not ive.

Mick

"Ken Saunders" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> This is probably not the best place for this question because it is
> not Mozilla related, and I will find a better group. But anyway, it
> appears that ZoomText does not read words well that have apostrophes
> and words like I've, It's etc. I've will sound like ieeve.
> Now the dumb question. Is this something that screen reader users just
> deal with? I ask because one of my websites is being re-written and I
> want it to be as screen reader friendly as possible.
> Thanks
> Ken
>
> Ken Saunders
> Administrator
> www.SpreadFirefox.com
>
> Owner/Operator
> www.AccessFirefox.com

"Ken Saunders" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:<[hidden email]>...

> This is probably not the best place for this question because it is
> not Mozilla related, and I will find a better group. But anyway, it
> appears that ZoomText does not read words well that have apostrophes
> and words like I've, It's etc. I've will sound like ieeve.
> Now the dumb question. Is this something that screen reader users just
> deal with? I ask because one of my websites is being re-written and I
> want it to be as screen reader friendly as possible.
> Thanks
> Ken
>
> Ken Saunders
> Administrator
> www.SpreadFirefox.com
>
> Owner/Operator
> www.AccessFirefox.com

Re: Screen Reading

mozilla accessibility
>So for instance, in NVDA right now, I heard i've as
>i tick vee
Wow, this would totally drive me crazy. I like puncuation to be read as
inflection when in text, and if I'm reading program text, I'll turn on
punctuatione xpansion (so I can hear the symbols spoken as words). Again,
everyone has their own idea of what works for them in this arena.

-- Rich