Re: Saved Search doesn't keep sorted searches

Re: Saved Search doesn't keep sorted searches

Igor Sereda
If I may suggest, you could try alternative Bugzilla front-end that
we've been working on lately - http://deskzilla.com.

Mind you, it is not in the released state yet, but the search problem
that you are talking about has already been addressed. And I bet we'll
have a release earlier than Bugzilla team will release 2.20. :)

Best regards,
Igor

Re: Saved Search doesn't keep sorted searches

Gervase Markham
Igor Sereda wrote:
> If I may suggest, you could try alternative Bugzilla front-end that
> we've been working on lately - http://deskzilla.com.

I strongly suggest you rename it to something which doesn't contain
"zilla". See the mozilla.org trademarks FAQ for why - you could get into
legal trouble.

Gerv

Re: Saved Search doesn't keep sorted searches

Igor Sereda
Hello Gerv,

> I strongly suggest you rename it to something which doesn't contain
> "zilla". See the mozilla.org trademarks FAQ for why - you could get
> into legal trouble.

Thanks for a warning. I have reviewed their policy and I don't find "Deskzilla"
among their claimed trademarks. Anyway, I don't think it's possible to
reserve "anything that contains 'zilla'" as a trademark :)

Actually there's a project @mozilla called Deskzilla but it seems to be
dead, at least no activity or products are publicly viewable.

Anyway, thanks again for caring. I guess I better contact somebody at
Mozilla team to know their opinion on this issue.

Best regards,
Igor

Re: Saved Search doesn't keep sorted searches

Joel Peshkin
Igor Sereda wrote:

> Hello Gerv,
>
>> I strongly suggest you rename it to something which doesn't contain
>> "zilla". See the mozilla.org trademarks FAQ for why - you could get
>> into legal trouble.
>

> Thanks for a warning. I have reviewed their policy and I don't find
> "Deskzilla"
> among their claimed trademarks. Anyway, I don't think it's possible to
> reserve "anything that contains 'zilla'" as a trademark :)
>
> Actually there's a project @mozilla called Deskzilla but it seems to be
> dead, at least no activity or products are publicly viewable.
> Anyway, thanks again for caring. I guess I better contact somebody at
> Mozilla team to know their opinion on this issue.

I don't think it is the Mozilla Foundation you need to worry about.  It
is the Godzilla folks that could send someone rampaging through your office.

Re: Saved Search doesn't keep sorted searches

Max Kanat-Alexander
On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 16:53 -0700, Joel Peshkin wrote:
> > Actually there's a project @mozilla called Deskzilla but it seems to be
> > dead, at least no activity or products are publicly viewable.
> > Anyway, thanks again for caring. I guess I better contact somebody at
> > Mozilla team to know their opinion on this issue.
>
> I don't think it is the Mozilla Foundation you need to worry about.  It
> is the Godzilla folks that could send someone rampaging through your office.

        Yes, Joel is quite correct. The Godzilla folks are apparently quite
protective of their trademark, and the Mozilla Foundation has a very
special agreement with them that allows them to name their product
Mozilla. The agreement happens to include Bugzilla also.

        -Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Everything Solved: Experts at Bugzilla... and everything else, too.

Re: Saved Search doesn't keep sorted searches

Igor Sereda
> Yes, Joel is quite correct. The Godzilla folks are apparently quite
> protective of their trademark, and the Mozilla Foundation has a very
> special agreement with them that allows them to name their product
> Mozilla. The agreement happens to include Bugzilla also.

Joel, Max,

Thanks for the hint. Didn't think about Godzilla. To my mind, Godzilla and
Mozilla are completely unrelated, don't know about the public :)

I'll take care. Though I'm pretty sure that there's no legitimate cause for
Godzilla owners to lay claim to "*zilla" (only a word, without dragons or
whatever, and in software business), I'll take extra steps.

Thanks,
Igor