Re: SM mail slow

Ray Davison
Peter Weilbacher wrote:

> Hmm, the console was worth a try, the messages might still shed some
> light on the question if something unusual is interfering. Are you using
> any extensions? Especially those that you didn't reinstall after
> upgrading from 1.7.x?

The only extension I ever use is advanced prefs.

> How do you open the messages, are you using the standard 3 panel view or
> do you open the message in an extra window?

3 panel.

Ray

Re: SM mail slow

Ray Davison
Steve Wendt wrote:

>>> You need a recent ipluginw.dll; old versions that worked with 1.7.12
>>> don't work with newer builds.
>
>> I have GmbH:1.1#@##1## 16 Sep 2005 03:16:17, it's the newest thing I
>> find.
>
> Assuming it's a valid test site, try installing the ipluginw XPI again.

That's not a site, that's a string I clipped from the file.  I have
never used XPI for this, I just copy the DLL.

Ray

Re: SM mail slow

Steve Wendt
Ray Davison wrote:

>>> I have GmbH:1.1#@##1## 16 Sep 2005 03:16:17, it's the newest thing I
>>> find.
>>
>> Assuming it's a valid test site, try installing the ipluginw XPI again.
>
> That's not a site, that's a string I clipped from the file.

I was referring to the first sentence quoted above.

> I have never used XPI for this, I just copy the DLL.

That is probably the cause of your problem - use the XPI install.

Re: SM mail slow

Heikki Kekki
On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 02:19:12 UTC, Ray Davison <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Steve Wendt wrote:

> >> I have GmbH:1.1#@##1## 16 Sep 2005 03:16:17, it's the newest thing I
> >> find.
> >
> > Assuming it's a valid test site, try installing the ipluginw XPI again.
>
> That's not a site, that's a string I clipped from the file.  I have
> never used XPI for this, I just copy the DLL.

Try to delete compreg.dat in components directory, it might help.