Re: Problem with Flash plug-in.

jetjock
jetjock wrote:

> When I installed the latest version of Flash player about a month ago,
> the check mark in "Flash" on the Prefs Toolbar was removed.  When I
> would click on it, I was told that no Flash Player plugin was found.
> Since Flash videos still played OK I didn't worry much about it.  Now,
> suddenly, I'm being told I need to get the latest Flash Player and
> videos won't play.  I noticed that "About Plugins" said that Flash 9.0
> r124 was installed and ok but there was no NPSWF32.dll file in the
> Plugins folder of Mozilla.  Found it in the System 32 folder of
> Windows and dragged a copy into the Plugins folder of Moz.  Now I have
> the check mark back but videos still won't play.  I'm stumped!  :-(

Just a P.S.  Movies play fine in Internet Exploder!!

Re: Problem with Flash plug-in.

Bob Bainbridge
jetjock wrote:

> jetjock wrote:
>
>> When I installed the latest version of Flash player about a month ago,
>> the check mark in "Flash" on the Prefs Toolbar was removed.  When I
>> would click on it, I was told that no Flash Player plugin was found.
>> Since Flash videos still played OK I didn't worry much about it.  Now,
>> suddenly, I'm being told I need to get the latest Flash Player and
>> videos won't play.  I noticed that "About Plugins" said that Flash 9.0
>> r124 was installed and ok but there was no NPSWF32.dll file in the
>> Plugins folder of Mozilla.  Found it in the System 32 folder of
>> Windows and dragged a copy into the Plugins folder of Moz.  Now I have
>> the check mark back but videos still won't play.  I'm stumped!  :-(
>>
> Just a P.S.  Movies play fine in Internet Exploder!!

I had the same thing happen running NS 8.1. When I clcked the sit to use
the I.E. engine the videos played OK.

Bob B.

Re: Problem with Flash plug-in.

Daniel-257
squaredancer wrote:

> On 13.04.2008 23:51, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  jetjock to
> generate the following:? :
>> jetjock wrote:
>>

>>> When I installed the latest version of Flash player about a month
>>> ago, the check mark in "Flash" on the Prefs Toolbar was removed.
>>> When I would click on it, I was told that no Flash Player plugin was
>>> found.  Since Flash videos still played OK I didn't worry much about
>>> it.  Now, suddenly, I'm being told I need to get the latest Flash
>>> Player and videos won't play.  I noticed that "About Plugins" said
>>> that Flash 9.0 r124 was installed and ok but there was no NPSWF32.dll
>>> file in the Plugins folder of Mozilla.  Found it in the System 32
>>> folder of Windows and dragged a copy into the Plugins folder of Moz.
>>> Now I have the check mark back but videos still won't play.  I'm
>>> stumped!  :-(
>>>

>> Just a P.S.  Movies play fine in Internet Exploder!!
>>

> you'll probably need to find and copy the flash-plugin.dll  (
> NPSWF32.DLL ) from the adobe installation location (here, it's at;
> C:\windows\system32\macromed\flash ) into your FF plugins folder (sorry
> - you'll have to search for yours, as it may be a personalized
> installation)
> It seems that the Adobe d/l doesn't install into FF, as was once the
> case...
>
> reg

reg, jetjock stated that he originally did not have the NPSWF32.DLL in
the plugins folder for Mozilla, but found one in the C:\windows\system32
folder so copied this one into the plugins folder. Should he have looked
further down into the ...\system32\macromed\flash folder or should the
one in his system32 folder (which he copied) be o.k.??

Daniel

Re: Problem with Flash plug-in.

Robert Blair-2
On 4/14/2008 2:35 AM, squaredancer wrote:

> On 13.04.2008 23:51, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  jetjock to
> generate the following:? :
>> jetjock wrote:
>>

>>> When I installed the latest version of Flash player about a month ago,
>>> the check mark in "Flash" on the Prefs Toolbar was removed.  When I
>>> would click on it, I was told that no Flash Player plugin was found.
>>> Since Flash videos still played OK I didn't worry much about it.  Now,
>>> suddenly, I'm being told I need to get the latest Flash Player and
>>> videos won't play.  I noticed that "About Plugins" said that Flash 9.0
>>> r124 was installed and ok but there was no NPSWF32.dll file in the
>>> Plugins folder of Mozilla.  Found it in the System 32 folder of
>>> Windows and dragged a copy into the Plugins folder of Moz.  Now I have
>>> the check mark back but videos still won't play.  I'm stumped!  :-(
>>>

>> Just a P.S.  Movies play fine in Internet Exploder!!
>>

> you'll probably need to find and copy the flash-plugin.dll  (
> NPSWF32.DLL ) from the adobe installation location (here, it's at;
> C:\windows\system32\macromed\flash ) into your FF plugins folder (sorry
> - you'll have to search for yours, as it may be a personalized installation)
> It seems that the Adobe d/l doesn't install into FF, as was once the case...
>
> reg

Hmmm.  SeaMonkey works okay using the Flash plugin that's in
[C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll] without moving
NPSWF32.dll to SeaMonkey's own plugins folder.  The same is true of
Java, for which the plugin is at [C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05
\bin\npjava11.dll].  Neither of those two plugins are in SeaMonkey's
plugins folder.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Mozilla-related applications.  You can access Mozdev much

Re: Problem with Flash plug-in.

JoeS-3
David E. Ross wrote:

> On 4/14/2008 2:35 AM, squaredancer wrote:
>> On 13.04.2008 23:51, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  jetjock to
>> generate the following:? :

>>> Just a P.S.  Movies play fine in Internet Exploder!!
>>>

>> you'll probably need to find and copy the flash-plugin.dll  (
>> NPSWF32.DLL ) from the adobe installation location (here, it's at;
>> C:\windows\system32\macromed\flash ) into your FF plugins folder (sorry
>> - you'll have to search for yours, as it may be a personalized installation)
>> It seems that the Adobe d/l doesn't install into FF, as was once the case...
>>
>> reg
>
> Hmmm.  SeaMonkey works okay using the Flash plugin that's in
> [C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll] without moving
> NPSWF32.dll to SeaMonkey's own plugins folder.  The same is true of
> Java, for which the plugin is at [C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05
> \bin\npjava11.dll].  Neither of those two plugins are in SeaMonkey's
> plugins folder.

 From my experiments with Tbird trunk, I had no problem using the new flash plugin in it's c:\windows...flash folder.

To see the exact path to the actual plugin being used, set the following pref:
plugin.expose_full_path to 'true'  (it's false by default)
about:plugins will then show which plugin it's trying to use.

If you move the plugin into the plugins folder, it will then be prioritized in the scan.
In other words, it will take precedance over other plugins with similar mime settings.

This is useful if you have multiple plugins for the same mime type.

squaredancer wrote:

> On 14.04.2008 12:48, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
> generate the following:? :
>> squaredancer wrote:
>>
>>> On 13.04.2008 23:51, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  jetjock to
>>> generate the following:? :

>>> you'll probably need to find and copy the flash-plugin.dll  (
>>> NPSWF32.DLL ) from the adobe installation location (here, it's at;
>>> C:\windows\system32\macromed\flash ) into your FF plugins folder
>>> (sorry - you'll have to search for yours, as it may be a personalized
>>> installation)
>>> It seems that the Adobe d/l doesn't install into FF, as was once the
>>> case...
>>>
>>> reg
>>>

>> reg, jetjock stated that he originally did not have the NPSWF32.DLL in
>> the plugins folder for Mozilla, but found one in the
>> C:\windows\system32 folder so copied this one into the plugins folder.
>> Should he have looked further down into the
>> ...\system32\macromed\flash folder or should the one in his system32
>> folder (which he copied) be o.k.??
>>
>> Daniel
>>

> hard to say, Daniel - this is one of the problems with cross-posting and
> setting follow-ups.... you don't know where the thread came from, what
> started it nor what has been previously posted.

Original original post was to m.s.moz-suite then jetjocks second post
(the p.s. saying movies worked in I. E.) was posted to both
m.s.moz-suite and m.general, with no follow-up set.

> Anyways - to your question about the location... I ran a windose search,
> looked for the *latest* datestamp and moved that dll over to the FF folder!
>
> reg

That would be a reasonable response, maybe jetjock should try this
method and see what happens.

Daniel

Re: Problem with Flash plug-in.

Paul B. Gallagher
JoeS wrote:

> From my experiments with Tbird trunk, I had no problem using the new
> flash plugin in it's c:\windows...flash folder.
>
> To see the exact path to the actual plugin being used, set the following
> pref:
> plugin.expose_full_path to 'true'  (it's false by default)
> about:plugins will then show which plugin it's trying to use.
>
> If you move the plugin into the plugins folder, it will then be
> prioritized in the scan.
> In other words, it will take precedance over other plugins with similar
> mime settings.
>
> This is useful if you have multiple plugins for the same mime type.

Had this same problem -- youtube suddenly wanted me to "get the latest
version of Flash player" -- and used the shotgun approach always
recommended by tech support when they don't want to bother
troubleshooting an issue: uninstall and reinstall the software.

Took two minutes, worked like a charm.

Dunno what it did, don't care.

I'm usually more curious, but I didn't have time to go exploring that day.

Paul B. Gallagher

Re: Problem with Flash plug-in.

maxmalawster

On Apr 15, 2:57 pm, Daniel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> squaredancer wrote:
> > On 14.04.2008 12:48, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
> > generate the following:? :

> >> reg, jetjock stated that he originally did not have the NPSWF32.DLL in
> >> the plugins folder for Mozilla, but found one in the
> >> C:\windows\system32 folder so copied this one into the plugins folder.
> >> Should he have looked further down into the
> >> ...\system32\macromed\flash folder or should the one in his system32
> >> folder (which he copied) be o.k.??
>
> >> Daniel
>
> > hard to say, Daniel - this is one of the problems with cross-posting and
> > setting follow-ups.... you don't know where the thread came from, what
> > started it nor what has been previously posted.
>
> Original original post was to m.s.moz-suite then jetjocks second post
> (the p.s. saying movies worked in I. E.) was posted to both
> m.s.moz-suite and m.general, with no follow-up set.
>
> > Anyways - to your question about the location... I ran a windose search,
> > looked for the *latest* datestamp and moved that dll over to the FF folder!
>
> > reg
>
> That would be a reasonable response, maybe jetjock should try this
> method and see what happens.
>
> Daniel- Hide quoted text -

Re: Problem with Flash plug-in.

maxmalawster
On Apr 24, 8:33 am, "Paul B. Gallagher"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> JoeS wrote:
> > From my experiments with Tbird trunk, I had no problem using the new
> > flash plugin in it's c:\windows...flash folder.
>
> > To see the exact path to the actual plugin being used, set the following
> > pref:
> > plugin.expose_full_path to 'true'  (it's false by default)
> > about:plugins will then show which plugin it's trying to use.
>
> > If you move the plugin into the plugins folder, it will then be
> > prioritized in the scan.
> > In other words, it will take precedance over other plugins with similar
> > mime settings.
>
> > This is useful if you have multiple plugins for the same mime type.
>
> Had this same problem -- youtube suddenly wanted me to "get the latest
> version of Flash player" -- and used the shotgun approach always
> recommended by tech support when they don't want to bother
> troubleshooting an issue: uninstall and reinstall the software.
>
> Took two minutes, worked like a charm.
>
> Dunno what it did, don't care.
>
> I'm usually more curious, but I didn't have time to go exploring that day.
>
> --
> War doesn't determine who's right, just who's left.
> --
> Paul B. Gallagher

RE: Problem with Flash plug-in.

guzarva16