Re: Picture won't show in firefox?!

The Real Bev
Redirected...

Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

> The Real Bev wrote:
>> Ed Mullen wrote:
>>>
>>> Ok, this thread has officially made me feel OLD! ;-)
>>
>> Naah, what makes us feel old is not stuff that we CAN do, but what we
>> can't.
>>
> There is nothing I cant do....   there are a lot of things I wont do,
> more that I dont care to do, even more that I dont even want to think
> about, but absolutely nothing I cant do <g>

Ah, so the only reason you don't have a lot of Olympic gold medals is
that you just don't like to ski, right?

Re: Picture won't show in firefox?!

Moz Champion (Dan)
The Real Bev wrote:

> Redirected...
>
> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
>
>> The Real Bev wrote:

>>> Naah, what makes us feel old is not stuff that we CAN do, but what
>>> we can't.
>>>
>> There is nothing I cant do....   there are a lot of things I wont do,
>> more that I dont care to do, even more that I dont even want to think
>> about, but absolutely nothing I cant do <g>
>
> Ah, so the only reason you don't have a lot of Olympic gold medals is
> that you just don't like to ski, right?

Never said I was the best at anything, just there is nothing I cant do.
I can ski, but not up to an Olympic calibre, that would take years of
practice and dedication (and a youth serum no doubt).
With my experience, its a triumph if I make it down an Olympic course
without falling or stopping <g>

My mile times are far above the 4 minute mile mark, but that doesnt mean
I 'cant' do it, it simply means I havent practiced enough and trained
enough.

I can sing too, but dollars to donuts people would pay to NOT hear me <g>
I can act too - someplace, somewhere, there HAS to be a role that calls
for a very wooden character <g>

Being able to do something, and do something well are quite different
things. I will probably never be known as 'the fastest man alive' but
that doesnt mean I cant do it, just that I havent dedicated enough time
and training and hard work to do so.  Likewise, I will probably never be
a Hollywood leading man,  but not because I cant, its because I simply
havent thrown myself into it and worked to get it. Hey, I could get
plastic surgery if it came to that <g>

[OT] Re: Picture won't show in firefox?!

Matt Nordhoff
On 04/25/06 22:44, Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
> I can act too - someplace, somewhere, there HAS to be a role that calls
> for a very wooden character <g>

Someone stuck in a freezer on CSI? :-D
--
Matt Nordhoff