Re: Opinions of Lightbeam

jetjock
jetjock wrote:

> rebro wrote:
>
>> Am 27.10.2013 16:51, schrieb jetjock:
>>
>>> ---
>>> protection is active.
>>>
>> A week ago I had to cope with the same surprise addition to my
>> outgoing mails and posts.
>> To avoid this spam go to avastUI > Settings > Active Protection >
>> Mail Shield > Settings (cog iconl) > Behavior  - General section >
>> Uncheck "Insert note into clean message (outgoing)"
>

> Many thanks for the good info. Just made your suggested change. Hope
> it works!  :-)

It appears that it worked. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get
my sig back! ;-)

Re: Opinions of Lightbeam

NFN Smith-2
»Q« wrote:

> In <news:[hidden email]>,
> Ron Hunter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Can ABP block those annoying scripts that darken my screen, and put a
>> dialog over the middle of my screen?  I really HATE those things.
>
> Mostly yes, because it can block any given JavaScript file.   Some site
> will not let you see any content before that JavaScript has been
> allowed to run, though.

I never see those, but I run both ABP and NoScript, as well as Ghostery.

I admit to having to either whitelist or per-site unblock some scripts
-- it's remarkable how many sites use Google for their scripting engines.

However, I've found that there's occasional sites where, even if I
temp-enable all the scripts, I still don't get essential content,
without disabling Ghostery, as well.  Some scripts are apparently tied
to the tracking bugs, and if they don't see the bugs, they won't run.

Smith

Re: Opinions of Lightbeam

J. P. Gilliver (John)
In message <[hidden email]>, jetjock
<[hidden email]> writes:

>rebro wrote:
>
>> Am 27.10.2013 16:51, schrieb jetjock:
>>
>>> ---
>>> protection is active.
>>>
>> A week ago I had to cope with the same surprise addition to my
>>outgoing mails and posts.
>> To avoid this spam go to avastUI > Settings > Active Protection >
>>Mail  Shield > Settings (cog iconl) > Behavior  - General section >
>>Uncheck  "Insert note into clean message (outgoing)"
>
>Many thanks for the good info. Just made your suggested change. Hope it
>works!  :-)

Well, it seems to have worked in that it isn't adding the broken and
pointless .sig, though you haven't got any .sig for the moment.

However, just turning off the .sig, though it will certainly irritate
the rest of us less, is only part of the story: as at least one other
has said, there's precious little point scanning outgoing mails, and
certainly posts to text-only newsgroups. So don't just don't tell us
you're doing it: don't do it!

Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove
that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are
right. -H.L. Mencken, writer, editor, and critic (1880-1956)