Re: OT sorta ... Re: HTML or Plain Text - no problem for me

Re: OT sorta ... Re: HTML or Plain Text - no problem for me

Terry R.
On 12/20/2007 6:06 AM On a whim, Jay Garcia pounded out on the keyboard

> On 19.12.2007 23:17, Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

The same thing happens in MS newsgroups with MVP's and top posting with
a delimiter.  They defend the brokenness of MS clients and refuse to
change (except for one, Mike Hall).  Nothing more frustrating that to
reply to someone who has top posted and their faulty client inserts a
delimiter (yes, QuoteFix is suggested).  Well, you know the rest, thread
wiped out.  They just tell us to go back to prior threads. Yeah, that's
a fix...

--
Terry R.

Re: OT sorta ... Re: HTML or Plain Text - no problem for me

defaria
Jay Garcia wrote:
> Haven't you learnded by now that you're wasting your time with AdF?
> It's not a question of who is right and who is wrong but rather a case
> of self-centered arrogance. He posts in html because most everyone
> else posts in plain-text
That's right Jay, you pegged my true motivation!.... Not!
> and regardless if you ask politely that he post in plain-text it's all
> the more reason to keep posting in html.
No, no, that's why I do it! Not #2!
> Now granted that it's a bug in TB that rendering an html post in
> plain-text causes no line breaks and hence the difficulty,
Headaches galore! Maybe that's why I do it. I love to cause headaches...
> nevertheless anyone who is courteous enough to understand that the
> majority of readers in plain-text forums have this problem they in
> turn will make a concerted effort to post in plain-text to make it
> easier for everyone else. AdF's argument is that well, we can read the
> posts if WE display in html. And that's where the label of arrogant
> and self-centered comes in to play. 100's of users have to change
> THEIR habit, not him.
If your chosen software and defaults aren't working for you then why do
you continue to use them? Nobody need read my posts - it's a free country.
> F'up set to .general
Deflection...
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
A good scapegoat is almost as good as a solution.

Re: OT sorta ... Re: HTML or Plain Text - no problem for me

Jay Garcia