Re: OT, any idea customize new Yahoo home page?

Re: OT, any idea customize new Yahoo home page?

responder-2
On 2/2/2014 8:32 PM, WaltS wrote:

> On 02/02/2014 08:31 PM, WaltS wrote:
>> On 02/02/2014 08:49 AM, KG wrote:
>>> Has anyone found information on how to customize Yahoo's new home
>>> pages?  I know this
>>> is very off topic but Yahoo help is useless in this area.
>>>

>> The Add Content, Choose Themes and Edit Layout buttons don't work for
>> you?
>>
>> Set Follow-up To: mozilla.general
>

> Oops! Helps if you add the address. :)

When I try the new page, for openers I miss the following.

No page auto refresh setting.
No article preview.
Home page stock portfolio has no options to see cumulative totals at
bottom.
Have to go to another full page portfolio screen.
Etc.

I don't understand why these, among other features that were around for
years, had to be removed.

Re: OT, any idea customize new Yahoo home page?

WaltS48
On 02/03/2014 06:36 AM, responder wrote:

> On 2/2/2014 8:32 PM, WaltS wrote:
>>>>

>>> The Add Content, Choose Themes and Edit Layout buttons don't work for
>>> you?
>>>
>>> Set Follow-up To: mozilla.general
>>

>> Oops! Helps if you add the address. :)
>
> When I try the new page, for openers I miss the following.
>
> No page auto refresh setting.
> No article preview.
> Home page stock portfolio has no options to see cumulative totals at
> bottom.
> Have to go to another full page portfolio screen.
> Etc.
>
> I don't understand why these, among other features that were around for
> years, had to be removed.

I stopped using my MyYahoo page after the previous change. See previous
rant.

<https://groups.google.com/d/topic/mozilla.general/MlxF4hqOw6c/discussion>

Re: OT, any idea customize new Yahoo home page?

Mr. Ed
On 2/3/2014 8:19 AM WaltS submitted the following:

> On 02/03/2014 06:36 AM, responder wrote:

>>> Oops! Helps if you add the address. :)
>>
>> When I try the new page, for openers I miss the following.
>>
>> No page auto refresh setting.
>> No article preview.
>> Home page stock portfolio has no options to see cumulative totals at
>> bottom.
>> Have to go to another full page portfolio screen.
>> Etc.
>>
>> I don't understand why these, among other features that were around for
>> years, had to be removed.
>>

> I stopped using my MyYahoo page after the previous change. See previous
> rant.
>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/topic/mozilla.general/MlxF4hqOw6c/discussion>

I quit Yahoo Groups after the last change there.  Terrible.  And now I
have not tried the new MY pages.  If they kill the one they have now and
force us to the new one - I'll quit them there too.

--
"This is America!  You can't make a horse
 testify against himself!"      Mister Ed

On 02/03/2014 10:12 AM, WaltS wrote:

> On 02/03/2014 10:02 AM, KG wrote:
>> On Sun, 02 Feb 2014 20:31:01 -0500, WaltS <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>>> The Add Content, Choose Themes and Edit Layout buttons don't work for
>>> you?
>>   Not to any degree
>> I'm unable to chouse which news services I use or which jokes I see,
>> or which theaters
>> I see under movies, etc.
>> I'm using Firefox 26.
>>

> Well, if I am interested enough I might see what I can do later today.
>
> However it isn't a Firefox support issue, so Set Follow-up To:
> mozilla.general (this time for real)

Using Add Content, I added CNN, CBS And ABC news and my local news.

For my local news I had to click the icon in the upper right corner of
the box and enter my location.

Added In Theaters, used the icon in the upper right corner of that
content box to select By Theater. That brought up a list of theaters in
my area, which changes to "Sorry! We couldn't find any theaters around
you" when I reload the page.

The My Mail content box doesn't appear to show new messages anymore.
Just a link to the mail server. I guess that box can be removed.

My Teams showed my teams, then didn't show them.

I have the same results with Chromium. It appears the newest MyYahoo
site isn't any better than the previous update. Frankly, I don't see a
difference. Styling?

Re: OT, any idea customize new Yahoo home page?

Ron Hunter
On 2/3/2014 9:34 AM, Mr. Ed wrote:

> On 2/3/2014 8:19 AM WaltS submitted the following:

>>> When I try the new page, for openers I miss the following.
>>>
>>> No page auto refresh setting.
>>> No article preview.
>>> Home page stock portfolio has no options to see cumulative totals at
>>> bottom.
>>> Have to go to another full page portfolio screen.
>>> Etc.
>>>
>>> I don't understand why these, among other features that were around for
>>> years, had to be removed.
>>>

>> I stopped using my MyYahoo page after the previous change. See previous
>> rant.
>>
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/topic/mozilla.general/MlxF4hqOw6c/discussion>
>>

> I quit Yahoo Groups after the last change there.  Terrible.  And now I
> have not tried the new MY pages.  If they kill the one they have now and
> force us to the new one - I'll quit them there too.

They keep tweaking it, annoyingly.