Re: OT: Very: Re: address books

Miles-4
Chris Ilias wrote:
> _Miles_ spoke thusly on 27/04/2006 1:28 AM:
>
>> If you take an extended holiday, don't forget to access these
>> newsgroups, you are needed!!!! :-)
>

> If you can't take an OT discussion to a place where it is on topic (in
> this case, perhaps personal email), then please move it to
> mozilla.general. Thanks.

Chris, do you really feel that complimenting someone for their assistance
has no place in this newsgroup???    If that is the consensus of this NG,
then it is no place for me!!!

Miles

Re: OT: Very: Re: address books

Chris Ilias-2
_Miles_ spoke thusly on 27/04/2006 2:56 AM:
> Chris, do you really feel that complimenting someone for their
> assistance has no place in this newsgroup???    If that is the consensus
> of this NG, then it is no place for me!!!

The discussion was about where you had been, and whether or not to go on
vacation. That's OT.
--
Chris Ilias
mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

Re: OT: Very: Re: address books

gwtc-4
Miles wrote:

> Chris Ilias wrote:
>
>>_Miles_ spoke thusly on 27/04/2006 1:28 AM:
>>

>>>If you take an extended holiday, don't forget to access these
>>>newsgroups, you are needed!!!! :-)
>>

>>If you can't take an OT discussion to a place where it is on topic (in
>>this case, perhaps personal email), then please move it to
>>mozilla.general. Thanks.
>

> Chris, do you really feel that complimenting someone for their assistance
> has no place in this newsgroup???    If that is the consensus of this NG,
> then it is no place for me!!!
>
> Miles

IMO its the accord of only one person, who's somehow has been
appointed as the MP for the news.Mozilla.org newsgroups.

If you'd read the previous postings within this newsgroup from Chris
and me, then you'd know what I'm talking about.

Hey, I just came up with a new acronym -- MP = Mozilla Police :-)

--
Things to Ponder about: Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains
on all fours? They're both dogs!

Re: OT: Very: Re: address books

Terry-21
On 4/27/2006 12:21 AM On a whim, gwtc pounded out on the keyboard

> Miles wrote:
>
>> Chris Ilias wrote:
>>
>>> _Miles_ spoke thusly on 27/04/2006 1:28 AM:

>>> If you can't take an OT discussion to a place where it is on topic (in
>>> this case, perhaps personal email), then please move it to
>>> mozilla.general. Thanks.
>>

>> Chris, do you really feel that complimenting someone for their assistance
>> has no place in this newsgroup???    If that is the consensus of this NG,
>> then it is no place for me!!!
>>
>> Miles
>
> IMO its the accord of only one person, who's somehow has been
> appointed as the MP for the news.Mozilla.org newsgroups.
>
> If you'd read the previous postings within this newsgroup from Chris
> and me, then you'd know what I'm talking about.
>
> Hey, I just came up with a new acronym -- MP = Mozilla Police :-)

But even his sig states that he is only the moderator in mtmm, not all
groups.

I don't believe something goes OT until it has been through a few
threads. One statement like Miles made is being a little too touchy to
claim OT status.

--
Terry

Re: OT: Very: Re: address books

Chris Ilias-2
_Terry_ spoke thusly on 27/04/2006 11:27 AM:
> But even his sig states that he is only the moderator in mtmm, not all
> groups.

The discussion was in mozilla.support.mozilla-suite.
I'm list owner:

Due to MTMM's special case, I felt that letting others know who the
moderator is, is important. That's why it's in my sig.

Furthermore, moving OT discussion to mozilla.general, if you can't put
it in a place where it is on topic, was requested by Gerv.
news://news.mozilla.org:119/[hidden email]
(the message isn't on Google)

> I don't believe something goes OT until it has been through a few
> threads. One statement like Miles made is being a little too touchy to
> claim OT status.

Actually, gwtc declared it OT.
It's not one comment. It's not one poster.
Here's the entire thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.mozilla-suite/browse_frm/thread/25cf55e458133daa

Chris Ilias wrote:

> Actually, gwtc declared it OT.
> It's not one comment. It's not one poster.
> Here's the entire thread:
> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.mozilla-suite/browse_frm/thread/25cf55e458133daa
Thats right, I declared it as OT.  This gives a hint to others whether
they want to read the messages or just mark them as Read.  IMO as
usual you jumped the gun by telling us to take it elsewhere.

--
How to Get a Life
Difficulty Level: Hard

Re: OT: Very: Re: address books

Chris Ilias-2
_gwtc_ spoke thusly on 27/04/2006 1:27 PM:

> Chris Ilias wrote:
>
>> Actually, gwtc declared it OT.
>> It's not one comment. It's not one poster.
>> Here's the entire thread:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.mozilla-suite/browse_frm/thread/25cf55e458133daa
>>
> Thats right, I declared it as OT.  This gives a hint to others whether
> they want to read the messages or just mark them as Read.  IMO as usual
> you jumped the gun by telling us to take it elsewhere.

Then you tell me, at what point is it not jumping the gun?
--
Chris Ilias
mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
Mozilla links <http://ilias.ca>

Re: OT: Very: Re: address books

Terry-21
On 4/27/2006 10:12 AM On a whim, Chris Ilias pounded out on the keyboard

> _Terry_ spoke thusly on 27/04/2006 11:27 AM:
>> But even his sig states that he is only the moderator in mtmm, not all
>> groups.
>
> The discussion was in mozilla.support.mozilla-suite.
> I'm list owner:
>
> Due to MTMM's special case, I felt that letting others know who the
> moderator is, is important. That's why it's in my sig.
>
> Furthermore, moving OT discussion to mozilla.general, if you can't put
> it in a place where it is on topic, was requested by Gerv.
> news://news.mozilla.org:119/[hidden email]
> (the message isn't on Google)
>
>> I don't believe something goes OT until it has been through a few
>> threads. One statement like Miles made is being a little too touchy to
>> claim OT status.
>
> Actually, gwtc declared it OT.
> It's not one comment. It's not one poster.
> Here's the entire thread:
> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.mozilla-suite/browse_frm/thread/25cf55e458133daa

And you did wait a few before posting, which I think was proper. But it
seemed like the discussion was out of steam anyway before the OT status
& followup caused even more ruckus.

--
Terry

Re: OT: Very: Re: address books

gwtc-4
Terry wrote:

> But it
> seemed like the discussion was out of steam anyway before the OT status
> & followup caused even more ruckus.

exactly!

--
How to Get a Life
Difficulty Level: Hard

Re: OT: Very: Re: address books

The Real Bev
gwtc wrote:

> Terry wrote:
>
>> But it
>> seemed like the discussion was out of steam anyway before the OT status
>> & followup caused even more ruckus.
>>
> exactly!

If this is the place for OT discussions, how can something be OT?  Or
not OT.  Or something.  Just WTF is the T, anyway?

 >How to Get a Life
 >Difficulty Level: Hard
 >Tip #1: Let go of the mouse

<nelson>HAH-hah!</nelson>  You forgot about the command line!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"We returned the General to El Salvador, or maybe Guatemala,
it's difficult to tell from 10,000 feet."           -- Anon.

Re: OT: Very: Re: address books

Chris Ilias-2
_gwtc_ spoke thusly on 27/04/2006 4:19 PM:
> Terry wrote:
>
>> But it seemed like the discussion was out of steam anyway before the
>> OT status & followup caused even more ruckus.
>>
> exactly!

Is that what you meant by "you jumped the gun"?

Seems pointless to wait until the OT discussion is over, before
redirecting it to mozilla.general.