Re: OT: Thunderbirds are go commercial

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
Terry R. wrote:
> You asked me to validate my "claim", and that's what I did.  No need to
> go rambling about speeding, smoking pot, or free speech!  And
> unfortunately, the examples you gave are CLEAR.  If the speed limit is
> 65 MPH and you drive 66 MPH, you are breaking the law, and when you get
> caught, it is EXPLAINED to you what you did wrong.

there, atleast you get to go infront of a judge, and maybe a
jury.

> Here, things just disappear.  Bits and bytes vanishing.  It is a poor
> way to "monitor" a group IMO.

here, they've already made up their mind, and did the
execution.

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Re: OT: Thunderbirds are go commercial

»Q«
In <news:[hidden email]>,
"Terry R." <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The date and time was 5/13/2008 7:21 PM, and on a whim, »Q« pounded
> out on the keyboard:
>
> > In <news:[hidden email]>,
> > "Terry R." <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> The date and time was 5/13/2008 5:41 PM, and on a whim, »Q« pounded
> >> out on the keyboard:

> >> That's as clear as mud.  "gotten to the point" is about as
> >> arbitrary as it gets.
> >
> > How one gets to that point is laid out clearly at the link you
> > snipped, <<http://www.mozilla.org/community/cancellation.html>.
> >
> > If by "arbitrary", you mean "decided by arbiters", I agree with you.
> > If you mean its more common sense of "capricious or unreasonable",
> > then no.
> >
> >> So who thought Reg had "gotten to the point"?  You?  Chris?
> >> Nir?
> >
> > Nir and Chris were making those calls at the time.  I joined the
> > team a bit later.
>
> His post was removed just a couple days ago.  You "joined" the team
> quite a long time ago.

Yes.

--
»Q«
     Kleeneness is next to Gödelness.

Re: OT: Thunderbirds are go commercial

Chris Ilias-2
On 5/14/08 12:10 AM, _JoeS_ spoke thusly:

> »Q« wrote:
>> In<news:[hidden email]>,
>> JoeS<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>
>> I think no posts are making it from n.m.o to Google for a while now,
>> because of<http://mozillanews.org/bugzilla_warning.php3?id=425122>.
>>
> Thanks for the Bug link.
> Well it seems some posts are archived, some not.
> If Newsgroups links worked properly, this would not be such a PIA

Things should be back to normal now.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>