Re: OT Re: "An Error Occured While Sending Mail..."

Re: OT Re: "An Error Occured While Sending Mail..."

doctorbill-2
Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:

> F/u set mozilla.general
>
> DoctorBill wrote:
> A free society of civilized people should not tolerate
> savage, murderous groups and religions existing within it.
> Civilizations must maintain tough rules against such groups
> and eliminate them quickly and mercilessly or they will not
> long endure.
>
> I'll guess - Noam Chomsky?  The problem is, who decides?

The word "Savage" and/or "Murderous" should lead any normal, intelligent
human to decide.  If that behavior is tolerated, I would imagine
Evolution would decide in the long run.

Imagine the Taliban running the entire world....the Nazis would look
mild in comparison.

--
A free society of civilized people should not tolerate
savage, murderous groups and religions existing within it.
Civilizations must maintain tough rules against such groups
and eliminate them quickly and mercilessly or they will not
long endure.

Re: OT Re: "An Error Occured While Sending Mail..."

Ken Whiton
*-* On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 11:25:24 -0700,
*-* In Article [hidden email],
*-* DoctorBill wrote
*-* About Re: OT Re: "An Error Occured While Sending Mail..."

> Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
>> F/u set mozilla.general

>> DoctorBill wrote:
>> A free society of civilized people should not tolerate
>> savage, murderous groups and religions existing within it.
>> Civilizations must maintain tough rules against such groups
>> and eliminate them quickly and mercilessly

      How "free" and "civilized" would such a society actually be?
What you're advocating here is no better than what you're accusing the
Taliban of in your own statement below.

>>                                            or they will not
>> long endure.

>> I'll guess - Noam Chomsky?  The problem is, who decides?

> The word "Savage" and/or "Murderous" should lead any normal,
> intelligent human to decide.

      Words like "Savage", "Murderous", "normal", and "intelligent" are
subjective in nature, and therefore open to interpretation, leading
right back to Rinaldi's question, "who decides?".

>                               If that behavior is tolerated, I would
> imagine Evolution would decide in the long run.

> Imagine the Taliban running the entire world....the Nazis would look
> mild in comparison.

      I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that the Taliban
consider themselves "normal" and "intelligent", and don't think of
themselves as "Savage" or "Murderous".

      FWIW, I am not an advocate of extremism in any form, neither what
the Taliban are accused of, what you (and whoever you're quoting) are
espousing, nor any other.

                                         Ken Whiton

     FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: [hidden email] (remove the obvious to reply)

Re: OT Re: "An Error Occured While Sending Mail..."

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
Ken Whiton wrote:
>       I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that the Taliban
> consider themselves "normal" and "intelligent", and don't think of
> themselves as "Savage" or "Murderous".

thats right.  They consider Americans "Savages" and "Murderous"

--
Please do not email me for help.  Reply to the newsgroup
only.  And only click on the Reply button, not the Reply All

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Re: OT Re: "An Error Occured While Sending Mail..."

Daniel-24
DoctorBill wrote:

> Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
>> F/u set mozilla.general
>>
>> DoctorBill wrote:
>> A free society of civilized people should not tolerate
>> savage, murderous groups and religions existing within it.
>> Civilizations must maintain tough rules against such groups
>> and eliminate them quickly and mercilessly or they will not
>> long endure.
>>
>> I'll guess - Noam Chomsky?  The problem is, who decides?
>>

> The word "Savage" and/or "Murderous" should lead any normal, intelligent
> human to decide.  If that behavior is tolerated, I would imagine
> Evolution would decide in the long run.
>
> Imagine the Taliban running the entire world....the Nazis would look
> mild in comparison.

Only if you were a non-believer, Doc

Daniel

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Ken Whiton wrote:
>>       I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that the Taliban
>> consider themselves "normal" and "intelligent", and don't think of
>> themselves as "Savage" or "Murderous".
>
> thats right.  They consider Americans "Savages" and "Murderous"

What would the American "Red" Indian have thought about the American
"White" Man, a hundred years or so ago??

Daniel

Daniel wrote:

> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> Ken Whiton wrote:
>>>       I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that the Taliban
>>> consider themselves "normal" and "intelligent", and don't think of
>>> themselves as "Savage" or "Murderous".
>> thats right.  They consider Americans "Savages" and "Murderous"
>>

> What would the American "Red" Indian have thought about the American
> "White" Man, a hundred years or so ago??
>
> Daniel

exactly the same thing! As a matter of fact they still think
that way.

--
Please do not email me for help.  Reply to the newsgroup
only.  And only click on the Reply button, not the Reply All
one.  Thanks!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Re: OT Re: "An Error Occured While Sending Mail..."

Zoolook-2
On 13/07/2007 03:23, this hallowed ground was sullied by Peter Potamus
the Purple Hippo, who deposited this steaming pile:
> Ken Whiton wrote:
>>       I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that the Taliban
>> consider themselves "normal" and "intelligent", and don't think of
>> themselves as "Savage" or "Murderous".
>
> thats right.  They consider Americans "Savages" and "Murderous"

"I" consider Americans savage and murderous... for what its worth.

And not just in the "destroy the infidels" spouting of the current
administration kind of way.

--
Phlegms fyrd wuz qvint jackbox.

Re: OT Re: "An Error Occured While Sending Mail..."

Paul B. Gallagher
Zoolook wrote:

> On 13/07/2007 03:23, this hallowed ground was sullied by Peter Potamus
> the Purple Hippo, who deposited this steaming pile:
>
>> Ken Whiton wrote:
>>
>>> I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that the Taliban
>>> consider themselves "normal" and "intelligent", and don't think of
>>> themselves as "Savage" or "Murderous".
>>
>> thats right.  They consider Americans "Savages" and "Murderous"
>
> "I" consider Americans savage and murderous... for what its worth.
>
> And not just in the "destroy the infidels" spouting of the current
> administration kind of way.

A few of us are. The vast majority are normal people, just like the
members of whatever ethnic group you happen to belong to.

Blanket generalizations are never true.

;-)

Paul B. Gallagher

Re: OT Re: "An Error Occured While Sending Mail..."

The Real Bev
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

> Zoolook wrote:
>
>> On 13/07/2007 03:23, this hallowed ground was sullied by Peter Potamus
>> the Purple Hippo, who deposited this steaming pile:

>>> thats right.  They consider Americans "Savages" and "Murderous"
>>
>> "I" consider Americans savage and murderous... for what its worth.
>>
>> And not just in the "destroy the infidels" spouting of the current
>> administration kind of way.
>
> A few of us are. The vast majority are normal people, just like the
> members of whatever ethnic group you happen to belong to.

Dr. Seuss' 'Sneetches' should be required reading for everyone every year.
http://www.uulongview.com/sermons/bellies_with_stars.html

> Blanket generalizations are never true.

That's because we are always right and they are always wrong.

Re: OT Re: "An Error Occured While Sending Mail..."

Irwin Greenwald-4
On 7/17/2007 The Real Bev wrote:
> Dr. Seuss' 'Sneetches' should be required reading for everyone every
> year. http://www.uulongview.com/sermons/bellies_with_stars.html

Great link, Bev!

--
Irwin