Re: Multiple Email Accounts

Mark Lloyd
On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 16:35:56 -0400, "mad NATer" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>"mad NATer" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>news:FuU3f.6680$[hidden email]...
>> "Christopher Jahn" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>>> "mad NATer" <[hidden email]> wrote in
>>> news:M7s3f.6920$[hidden email]:

>>> Sending or recieving mail?
>>
>> Receiving.  I haven't tried sending since receiving had problems.  I'm
>> using 1.5 Beta 1 if that makes any difference.
>
>Messages send OK. I just can't receive them. I still get the "Sending of
>password did not succeed" error even with 1.5 Beta 2.

Did you see my post about one possible problem? Thunderbird uses the
domain name of your POP server as a filename, so setting up more than
one account with the same name creates conflicts. I suppose the user
name / password you set for the second one is being used for the first
also.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Re: Multiple Email Accounts

Christopher Jahn
"mad NATer" <[hidden email]> wrote in news:PCU3f.6681$MG.4002
@bignews2.bellsouth.net:

> "mad NATer" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:FuU3f.6680$[hidden email]...
>> "Christopher Jahn" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>>> "mad NATer" <[hidden email]> wrote in
>>> news:M7s3f.6920$[hidden email]:

>>> Sending or recieving mail?
>>
>> Receiving.  I haven't tried sending since receiving had problems.  I'm
>> using 1.5 Beta 1 if that makes any difference.
>
> Messages send OK. I just can't receive them. I still get the "Sending of
> password did not succeed" error even with 1.5 Beta 2.

Make sure that the correct username is being used, with correct case and
punctuation.
Delete all the passwords saved for that server in Password Manager.
In Account Settings, uncheck "automatically check messages on startup" and
"automatically check messages every [ ] minutes"
Shut down and re-start the program.
Select one account, and check messages for that account only.
Fill in the pass word as prompted.
Do each account one at a time.

Once they are all set up with passwords, set different autocheck intervals
for each account to prevent the accounts from being checked simultaneously.
I use 3, 7 and 11 as my intervals.

--
}:-)       Christopher Jahn
{:-(       http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

Drive defensively; buy a tank.

Re: Multiple Email Accounts

mad NATer

> "mad NATer" <[hidden email]> wrote in news:PCU3f.6681$MG.4002
> @bignews2.bellsouth.net:
>
>> "mad NATer" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>> news:FuU3f.6680$[hidden email]...
>>> "Christopher Jahn" <[hidden email]> wrote in message

>>> Receiving.  I haven't tried sending since receiving had problems.  I'm
>>> using 1.5 Beta 1 if that makes any difference.
>>
>> Messages send OK. I just can't receive them. I still get the "Sending of
>> password did not succeed" error even with 1.5 Beta 2.
>>

> Make sure that the correct username is being used, with correct case and
> punctuation.
> Delete all the passwords saved for that server in Password Manager.
> In Account Settings, uncheck "automatically check messages on startup" and
> "automatically check messages every [ ] minutes"
> Shut down and re-start the program.
> Select one account, and check messages for that account only.
> Fill in the pass word as prompted.
> Do each account one at a time.
>
> Once they are all set up with passwords, set different autocheck intervals
> for each account to prevent the accounts from being checked
> simultaneously.
> I use 3, 7 and 11 as my intervals.

I finally got it.  I didn't realize the User Name in the Server Settings had
to be the complete email address. I was entering in just a name instead of
the entire address for that field.  It appears to work fine now.  It was
helpful to get feedback from everyone that this *should* work. That kept me
looking for the reason it wasn't working. Anyway, all is well now and I will
go and happily begin using multiple accounts in the same domain. Thanks to
all who posted feedback.

Re: Multiple Email Accounts

Mark Lloyd
On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:35:56 GMT, Justin <[hidden email]> wrote:

>mad NATer wrote on [Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:09:25 -0400]:
>> "Christopher Jahn" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>>> "mad NATer" <[hidden email]> wrote in
>>> news:ANi3f.14799$[hidden email]:

>>> What, specifically, "isn't working"?  I have several accounts in the same
>>> domain, and have never had a problem, but we can't tell from your post
>>> exactly what is or isn't happening.
>>
>> I get the message "Sending of password did not suceed." It is the correct
>> password that I am sending and I have the account set up correctly. I just
>
>Obviously it's not the correct password or the account is not setup
>correctly.

The same thing happens with usenet (try to set up 2 accounts with the
same server).