Re: Mozilla A11y Developer Retreat?

Aaron Leventhal-3
I'm available.

I suspect more people are interested but aren't actively reading the newsgroup.

David, would you set up a wiki page similar to what we had last time? Then we
can start signing people up there.

- Aaron

David Bolter wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> This is a feeler.
>
> I'm looking into booking a summit/retreat for those passionate about
> helping Mozilla provide a rich accessible web experience. There is an
> opportunity to reserve some cabins in the beautiful Muskokas here in
> Ontario Canada:
> http://www.cnib.ca/en/services/vision-support/summer-programs/lake-joseph/
>
> The week of September the 24th (24-28) is currently available and if I
> can get an idea of how many people might be interested I can proceed
> with negotiations. So please respond if you think you are available
> during this period. Once I get more information from you and from the
> Lake Joseph Centre I will let you know if this is viable.
>
> Also, we might want to consider booking the whole week for an open
> desktop accessibility (full stack) summit. This would allow us to cut a
> vertical slice through all the issues, from hardware, up into the
> desktop, and internet, and back again to AT. Note the Boston Summit
> might be a better place to put this larger summit; I'm not sure.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> cheers,
> David

Re: Mozilla A11y Developer Retreat?

Aaron Leventhal-3
The wiki can be something like http://wiki.mozilla.org/Accessibility/csun2007

Re: Mozilla A11y Developer Retreat?

David Bolter
Hi Aaron.

Here's a start: http://wiki.mozilla.org/Accessibility/mars2007

cheers,
David

Aaron Leventhal wrote:

> I'm available.
>
> I suspect more people are interested but aren't actively reading the newsgroup.
>
> David, would you set up a wiki page similar to what we had last time? Then we
> can start signing people up there.
>
> - Aaron
>

> David Bolter wrote:
>
>> Hi all.
>>
>> This is a feeler.
>>
>> I'm looking into booking a summit/retreat for those passionate about
>> helping Mozilla provide a rich accessible web experience. There is an
>> opportunity to reserve some cabins in the beautiful Muskokas here in
>> Ontario Canada:
>> http://www.cnib.ca/en/services/vision-support/summer-programs/lake-joseph/
>>
>> The week of September the 24th (24-28) is currently available and if I
>> can get an idea of how many people might be interested I can proceed
>> with negotiations. So please respond if you think you are available
>> during this period. Once I get more information from you and from the
>> Lake Joseph Centre I will let you know if this is viable.
>>
>> Also, we might want to consider booking the whole week for an open
>> desktop accessibility (full stack) summit. This would allow us to cut a
>> vertical slice through all the issues, from hardware, up into the
>> desktop, and internet, and back again to AT. Note the Boston Summit
>> might be a better place to put this larger summit; I'm not sure.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> cheers,
>> David

Mozilla A11y Developer Retreat not this year

David Bolter
Unfortunately the Canadian Muskoka retreat is not happening this year
(see http://wiki.mozilla.org/Accessibility/mars2007 for details).  Let's
make it happen next year!

You might want to keep an eye on the upcoming Mozilla Accessibility day
following the GNOME Boston summit:
http://live.gnome.org/Boston2007/AccessibilitySummit

cheers,
David

Re: Mozilla A11y Developer Retreat not this year

Steve Lee-3
On 02/08/07, David Bolter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Unfortunately the Canadian Muskoka retreat is not happening this year

That's a shame David but a big thanks for driving it.
Next year...

--
Steve Lee