Re: Managing attachments: Thunderbird vs Eudora

Re: Managing attachments: Thunderbird vs Eudora

Jay Garcia

Re: Managing attachments: Thunderbird vs Eudora

Leonidas Jones
Anacleto Mitraglia wrote:

> Hello to everyone.
> I have always used Eudora as email program mainly becasue i find its way of
> managing attachments extremely useful.
> In Eudora, once you receive an attached file, this file is simply dropped
> into a folder you have chosen and it can be launched by clicking once on
> the icon which is visible in the received email.
> The result is that Eudora does not keep a copy of the file in its inbox
> folder. i find this feature extremely important for saving space and for
> security.
> As far as i have seen, Thunderbird doesnt have this option: the attached
> file remains inside the Thunderbird inbox and we can only decide wether to
> make a copy of that same file into some other folder.
> Will ever Thinderbird give us the possibility to manage attachments lik ein
> Eudora?
>
> P.

There is an extension for this, Attachment Tools:

http://www.supportware.net/mozilla/#ext9

Lee

Re: Managing attachments: Thunderbird vs Eudora

Anacleto Mitraglia
Leonidas Jones* ha scritto su netscape.public.mozilla.general:

> There is an extension for this, Attachment Tools:
>
> http://www.supportware.net/mozilla/#ext9

Thank you for your suggestion, Leonidas.
I have given a look to this extension but doesn't seem to be _exactly_
what i was looking for: the extension does not work by default and is
only effective if a message is selected.
Still, it' s half possible solution to my needs.

P.

Jay Garcia* ha scritto su netscape.public.mozilla.general:

> File an RFE bug ..

I am sure if my needs were common someone would have already worked on
them...

> You can easily strip out the attachment and save just the text
> portion of any message using the "edit as new" feature.

Thank you for your suggestion, Jay.

P.

Re: Managing attachments: Thunderbird vs Eudora

Andy Luddy
Leonidas Jones wrote:

> Anacleto Mitraglia wrote:
>
>> Hello to everyone.
>> I have always used Eudora as email program mainly becasue i find its
>> way of managing attachments extremely useful.
>> In Eudora, once you receive an attached file, this file is simply
>> dropped into a folder you have chosen and it can be launched by
>> clicking once on the icon which is visible in the received email.
>> The result is that Eudora does not keep a copy of the file in its
>> inbox folder. i find this feature extremely important for saving space
>> and for security.
>> As far as i have seen, Thunderbird doesnt have this option: the
>> attached file remains inside the Thunderbird inbox and we can only
>> decide wether to make a copy of that same file into some other folder.
>> Will ever Thinderbird give us the possibility to manage attachments
>> lik ein Eudora?
>>
>> P.
>

> There is an extension for this, Attachment Tools:
>
> http://www.supportware.net/mozilla/#ext9
>
> Lee

Well, I'm not the OP, and have never used Eudora, but thanks any way.
This I can use! <g>

--
Andy Luddy
perform appendectomy to reply