Re: Localization feedback for date/time picker

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Localization feedback for date/time picker

Philipp Kewisch-2
Hi Folks,

we should look into this and maybe give feedback. Would be nice to use
more modern date/time pickers in calendar too.

Philipp

On 5/25/16 7:48 AM, Tina Hsieh wrote:

>  Hello everyone,
>
> Bram, Helen, Morpheus and I are designers working on day/time picker design
> project.
>
> We recently come out with a draft design, and try to get feedback in the
> very early stage. Before we finalize the design, we'd like to know if there
> are any localization issues needed to be concerned with.
>
> Beyond our design
> <https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1TqvyE31vfNZ3KTlw1N2Ga8vy3I1WMVefMJEnkAlg9iA/edit?usp=sharing>,
> we plan to provide more formats for different locales as appendixes. So far
> we’ve got some information from Francesco. Please see the list below and
> give us feedback:
>
>    1. Date formats:
>       1. dd/ mm/ yyyy
>       2. mm/ dd/ yyyy
>       3. yyyy/ mm/ dd
>
>       2. Date separaters:
>       1. Slash-separated: 29/03/76
>       2. Dash-separated: 29-03-1976
>       3. Dot-separated: 29.03.1976
>       4. Spelled out: 29 Dec 1976, 29 d'abril de 2011
>
>       3. First day of the week
>       1. Sunday
>       2. Monday
>
>       4. Time separators:
>       1. 12:00
>       2. 12.00
>
>       5. 12/24 hours
>       1. AM & PM
>       2. 24 hours
>
>       6. Holidays:
>       1. Only Sunday
>       2. Saturday & Sunday
>
>       7. Others?
>
>
> Thanks for your help! If you have any question about the draft design,
> please let us know.
>

_______________________________________________
dev-apps-calendar mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-calendar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Localization feedback for date/time picker

MakeMyDay
Nice stuff. This is a HTML picker for an input element of type
date/time, right?

Not sure where to provide feedback, so here's what comes to mind:

  * It probably would be an asset if the time picker would support
    different levels of granulation for the minutes - e.g. 1 minute, 5
    minutes and 15 minutes steps.
  * The month picker doesn't provide the option to jump to the current
    month by one click as we have it today. But this is just a nice to
    have from my pow. The same is true for decorating the current day in
    a month picker.

Does that pickers work only while displaying a date/type related input
field or is the month picker also intended to be exposed separately to
make use it e.g. for minimonth?

When will the picker be available?

--MMD


Am 25.05.2016 um 11:12 schrieb Philipp Kewisch:

> Hi Folks,
>
> we should look into this and maybe give feedback. Would be nice to use
> more modern date/time pickers in calendar too.
>
> Philipp
>
> On 5/25/16 7:48 AM, Tina Hsieh wrote:
>>   Hello everyone,
>>
>> Bram, Helen, Morpheus and I are designers working on day/time picker design
>> project.
>>
>> We recently come out with a draft design, and try to get feedback in the
>> very early stage. Before we finalize the design, we'd like to know if there
>> are any localization issues needed to be concerned with.
>>
>> Beyond our design
>> <https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1TqvyE31vfNZ3KTlw1N2Ga8vy3I1WMVefMJEnkAlg9iA/edit?usp=sharing>,
>> we plan to provide more formats for different locales as appendixes. So far
>> we’ve got some information from Francesco. Please see the list below and
>> give us feedback:
>>
>>     1. Date formats:
>>        1. dd/ mm/ yyyy
>>        2. mm/ dd/ yyyy
>>        3. yyyy/ mm/ dd
>>
>>        2. Date separaters:
>>        1. Slash-separated: 29/03/76
>>        2. Dash-separated: 29-03-1976
>>        3. Dot-separated: 29.03.1976
>>        4. Spelled out: 29 Dec 1976, 29 d'abril de 2011
>>
>>        3. First day of the week
>>        1. Sunday
>>        2. Monday
>>
>>        4. Time separators:
>>        1. 12:00
>>        2. 12.00
>>
>>        5. 12/24 hours
>>        1. AM & PM
>>        2. 24 hours
>>
>>        6. Holidays:
>>        1. Only Sunday
>>        2. Saturday & Sunday
>>
>>        7. Others?
>>
>>
>> Thanks for your help! If you have any question about the draft design,
>> please let us know.
>>
> _______________________________________________
> dev-apps-calendar mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-calendar

_______________________________________________
dev-apps-calendar mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-calendar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Localization feedback for date/time picker

dempseyvv
In reply to this post by Philipp Kewisch-2
On 25-May-2016 03:12, Philipp Kewisch wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> we should look into this and maybe give feedback. Would be nice to use
> more modern date/time pickers in calendar too.
>
> Philipp
>
> On 5/25/16 7:48 AM, Tina Hsieh wrote:
>>  Hello everyone,
>>
>> Bram, Helen, Morpheus and I are designers working on day/time picker design
>> project.
>>
>> We recently come out with a draft design, and try to get feedback in the
>> very early stage. Before we finalize the design, we'd like to know if there
>> are any localization issues needed to be concerned with.
>>
>> Beyond our design
>> <https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1TqvyE31vfNZ3KTlw1N2Ga8vy3I1WMVefMJEnkAlg9iA/edit?usp=sharing>,
>> we plan to provide more formats for different locales as appendixes. So far
>> we’ve got some information from Francesco. Please see the list below and
>> give us feedback:
>>
>>    1. Date formats:
>>       1. dd/ mm/ yyyy
>>       2. mm/ dd/ yyyy
>>       3. yyyy/ mm/ dd
>>
>>       2. Date separaters:
>>       1. Slash-separated: 29/03/76
>>       2. Dash-separated: 29-03-1976
>>       3. Dot-separated: 29.03.1976
>>       4. Spelled out: 29 Dec 1976, 29 d'abril de 2011
>>
>>       3. First day of the week
>>       1. Sunday
>>       2. Monday
>>
>>       4. Time separators:
>>       1. 12:00
>>       2. 12.00
>>
>>       5. 12/24 hours
>>       1. AM & PM
>>       2. 24 hours
>>
>>       6. Holidays:
>>       1. Only Sunday
>>       2. Saturday & Sunday
>>
>>       7. Others?
>>
>>
>> Thanks for your help! If you have any question about the draft design,
>> please let us know.
>>
>
It would be useful when the initial settings are based on the local
(Windows) settings. After that any changed preference(s) should be
saved; even across updates/upgrades.
A reset to default option would very handy too.

My personal preferences are:
1. dd-mm-yyyy
2. dd mmm yyyy
3. Sunday
4. 12:00
5. 24 hours
6. Saturday & Sunday

NOTE: 12-10-2016 is confusing as it could mean 12th Oct 2016 or Dec 10th
2016. Hence 12-Oct-2016 or even Dec-10-2016 is much better IMHO.
_______________________________________________
dev-apps-calendar mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-calendar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Localization feedback for date/time picker

Philipp Kewisch-2
On 5/26/16 9:44 PM, Dempsey wrote:

> It would be useful when the initial settings are based on the local
> (Windows) settings. After that any changed preference(s) should be
> saved; even across updates/upgrades.
> A reset to default option would very handy too.
>
> My personal preferences are:
> 1. dd-mm-yyyy
> 2. dd mmm yyyy
> 3. Sunday
> 4. 12:00
> 5. 24 hours
> 6. Saturday & Sunday
>
> NOTE: 12-10-2016 is confusing as it could mean 12th Oct 2016 or Dec 10th
> 2016. Hence 12-Oct-2016 or even Dec-10-2016 is much better IMHO.

How the formats are interpreted is more of an implementation issue. I'm
also not quite sure how this is going to be used, but it looks like a
html datepicker to me. It seems they are more in the design phase right
now though.

Philipp
_______________________________________________
dev-apps-calendar mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-calendar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Localization feedback for date/time picker

Philipp Kewisch-2
In reply to this post by Philipp Kewisch-2
The original posting for this was in mozilla.dev.l10n, sorry for not
setting followup correctly. I've posted your response there.

I am not quite sure what the timeline is for this feature, just happened
to pick it up there. If we can make use of the picker for calendar that
would be great, especially if it can understand more date formats than
we currently support.

Philipp


On 5/26/16 9:00 PM, MakeMyDay wrote:

> Nice stuff. This is a HTML picker for an input element of type
> date/time, right?
>
> Not sure where to provide feedback, so here's what comes to mind:
>
>  * It probably would be an asset if the time picker would support
>    different levels of granulation for the minutes - e.g. 1 minute, 5
>    minutes and 15 minutes steps.
>  * The month picker doesn't provide the option to jump to the current
>    month by one click as we have it today. But this is just a nice to
>    have from my pow. The same is true for decorating the current day in
>    a month picker.
>
> Does that pickers work only while displaying a date/type related input
> field or is the month picker also intended to be exposed separately to
> make use it e.g. for minimonth?
>
> When will the picker be available?
>
> --MMD
>
>
> Am 25.05.2016 um 11:12 schrieb Philipp Kewisch:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> we should look into this and maybe give feedback. Would be nice to use
>> more modern date/time pickers in calendar too.
>>
>> Philipp
>>
>> On 5/25/16 7:48 AM, Tina Hsieh wrote:
>>>   Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> Bram, Helen, Morpheus and I are designers working on day/time picker
>>> design
>>> project.
>>>
>>> We recently come out with a draft design, and try to get feedback in the
>>> very early stage. Before we finalize the design, we'd like to know if
>>> there
>>> are any localization issues needed to be concerned with.
>>>
>>> Beyond our design
>>> <https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1TqvyE31vfNZ3KTlw1N2Ga8vy3I1WMVefMJEnkAlg9iA/edit?usp=sharing>,
>>>
>>> we plan to provide more formats for different locales as appendixes.
>>> So far
>>> we’ve got some information from Francesco. Please see the list below and
>>> give us feedback:
>>>
>>>     1. Date formats:
>>>        1. dd/ mm/ yyyy
>>>        2. mm/ dd/ yyyy
>>>        3. yyyy/ mm/ dd
>>>
>>>        2. Date separaters:
>>>        1. Slash-separated: 29/03/76
>>>        2. Dash-separated: 29-03-1976
>>>        3. Dot-separated: 29.03.1976
>>>        4. Spelled out: 29 Dec 1976, 29 d'abril de 2011
>>>
>>>        3. First day of the week
>>>        1. Sunday
>>>        2. Monday
>>>
>>>        4. Time separators:
>>>        1. 12:00
>>>        2. 12.00
>>>
>>>        5. 12/24 hours
>>>        1. AM & PM
>>>        2. 24 hours
>>>
>>>        6. Holidays:
>>>        1. Only Sunday
>>>        2. Saturday & Sunday
>>>
>>>        7. Others?
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help! If you have any question about the draft design,
>>> please let us know.
>>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> dev-apps-calendar mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-calendar
>

_______________________________________________
dev-apps-calendar mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-calendar
Loading...