Re: Jay Garcia

jetjock-4
I have some good news anyway. After reading Dennis' post, I checked both
the Kenner, LA and New Orleans, LA newspaper obits and did not find
anything for either John or Jay Garcia, or Candy Garcia, since his last
post the end of Oct. At least we can fairly sure that he's still with us
at least.

Re: Jay Garcia

๐Ÿ˜‰ Good Guy ๐Ÿ˜‰
On 02/12/2014 16:25, jetjock wrote:
> I have some good news anyway. After reading Dennis' post, I checked
> both the Kenner, LA and New Orleans, LA newspaper obits and did not
> find anything for either John or Jay Garcia, or Candy Garcia, since
> his last post the end of Oct. At least we can fairly sure that he's
> still with us at least.

But is this research as conclusive as we would expect under these
circumstances?  Do all people post the obituaries in the papers?  In UK
it is not the custom unless you happen to be somebody very "special".  I
am sure Jay was very special but did his close relatives thought of
posting something?

I am sure he is still with us but it is difficult to know which one he
is from this google search:

<https://www.google.com/search?q=Jay%20Garcia&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=np&source=hp>

Re: Jay Garcia

GerardJan-12
Banned User
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Jay Garcia

The Real Bev
On 12/02/2014 01:36 PM, Good Guy wrote:

> On 02/12/2014 16:25, jetjock wrote:
>> I have some good news anyway. After reading Dennis' post, I checked
>> both the Kenner, LA and New Orleans, LA newspaper obits and did not
>> find anything for either John or Jay Garcia, or Candy Garcia, since
>> his last post the end of Oct. At least we can fairly sure that he's
>> still with us at least.
>>
> But is this research as conclusive as we would expect under these
> circumstances?  Do all people post the obituaries in the papers?  In UK
> it is not the custom unless you happen to be somebody very "special".  I
> am sure Jay was very special but did his close relatives thought of
> posting something?

The funeral directors do it here as a service -- it's also the public
announcement of the time of the funeral.  It may be some sort of legal
requirement -- many seemingly-personal announcements are required by law
in what's defined as (I think this is the name) a newspaper of record.
Real estate transfers, "not responsible for any debts but my own" (in
case of divorce), bankruptcy, etc.  Been a while since I subscribed to a
real newspaper -- the local fishwrap was just good for wrapping fish,
although it was a fine paper decades ago.

> I am sure he is still with us but it is difficult to know which one he
> is from this google search:
>
> <https://www.google.com/search?q=Jay%20Garcia&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=np&source=hp>

He's the Australian Shepherd breeder, and there would probably be a note
on its webpage if the owners had been wiped out.

I emailed him.  No results yet.

--
Cheers,Bev

Re: Jay Garcia

ยปQยซ
In <news:[hidden email]>,
Good Guy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 02/12/2014 16:25, jetjock wrote:
> > I have some good news anyway. After reading Dennis' post, I checked
> > both the Kenner, LA and New Orleans, LA newspaper obits and did not
> > find anything for either John or Jay Garcia, or Candy Garcia, since
> > his last post the end of Oct. At least we can fairly sure that he's
> > still with us at least.
>
> But is this research as conclusive as we would expect under these
> circumstances?  Do all people post the obituaries in the papers?

Yeah, pretty much everybody gets an obit in their local paper here.  If
you want a New York Times obit, then you've got to stand out a bit
more.  I'm sure Jay would have obits in the Times-Picayune and/or
Advocate, and all those obits are online as well.

Re: Jay Garcia

๐Ÿ˜‰ Good Guy ๐Ÿ˜‰
On 02/12/2014 22:49, The Real Bev wrote:

> He's the Australian Shepherd breeder, and there would probably be a
> note on its webpage if the owners had been wiped out.
>
> I emailed him.  No results yet.

Just wondering if he was related to  Philip Hughes of Australia?  If he
was then  we won't hear from Jay Garcia for some time because of the
death of Philip in a Cricket match.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/30276698

We are all watching the funeral live on our TV sets here in UK and I
guess in other Cricket loving nations.

Philip was a Cricket star and he does of a freak accident playing in a
cricket match.

Re: Jay Garcia

Daniel
On 03/12/14 15:25, Good Guy wrote:

> On 02/12/2014 22:49, The Real Bev wrote:
>>
>> He's the Australian Shepherd breeder, and there would probably be a
>> note on its webpage if the owners had been wiped out.
>>
>> I emailed him.  No results yet.
>>

> Just wondering if he was related to  Philip Hughes of Australia?  If he
> was then  we won't hear from Jay Garcia for some time because of the
> death of Philip in a Cricket match.
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/30276698
>
> We are all watching the funeral live on our TV sets here in UK and I
> guess in other Cricket loving nations.
>
> Philip was a Cricket star and he does of a freak accident playing in a
> cricket match.

(I think Good Guy meant "and he *dies* of a freak accident".)

And, Good Guy, here in Australia *we do* have pretty reasonable Internet
services.

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.29 Build identifier: 20140829003846
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.31 Build identifier: 20141020202138

Re: Jay Garcia

jetjock-4
The Real Bev wrote:

> On 12/02/2014 01:36 PM, Good Guy wrote:
>
>> On 02/12/2014 16:25, jetjock wrote:
>>
>>> I have some good news anyway. After reading Dennis' post, I checked
>>> both the Kenner, LA and New Orleans, LA newspaper obits and did not
>>> find anything for either John or Jay Garcia, or Candy Garcia, since
>>> his last post the end of Oct. At least we can fairly sure that he's
>>> still with us at least.
>>>
>> But is this research as conclusive as we would expect under these
>> circumstances?  Do all people post the obituaries in the papers?  In UK
>> it is not the custom unless you happen to be somebody very "special".  I
>> am sure Jay was very special but did his close relatives thought of
>> posting something?
>

> The funeral directors do it here as a service -- it's also the public
> announcement of the time of the funeral.  It may be some sort of legal
> requirement -- many seemingly-personal announcements are required by
> law in what's defined as (I think this is the name) a newspaper of
> record. Real estate transfers, "not responsible for any debts but my
> own" (in case of divorce), bankruptcy, etc.  Been a while since I
> subscribed to a real newspaper -- the local fishwrap was just good for
> wrapping fish, although it was a fine paper decades ago.
>
>> I am sure he is still with us but it is difficult to know which one he
>> is from this google search:
>>
>> <https://www.google.com/search?q=Jay%20Garcia&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=np&source=hp>
>>

> He's the Australian Shepherd breeder, and there would probably be a
> note on its webpage if the owners had been wiped out.
>
> I emailed him.  No results yet.

I did also. Still no reply.

Re: Jay Garcia

jetjock-4
Good Guy wrote:

> On 02/12/2014 16:25, jetjock wrote:
>
>> I have some good news anyway. After reading Dennis' post, I checked
>> both the Kenner, LA and New Orleans, LA newspaper obits and did not
>> find anything for either John or Jay Garcia, or Candy Garcia, since
>> his last post the end of Oct. At least we can fairly sure that he's
>> still with us at least.
>>
> But is this research as conclusive as we would expect under these
> circumstances?  Do all people post the obituaries in the papers?  In
> UK it is not the custom unless you happen to be somebody very
> "special".  I am sure Jay was very special but did his close relatives
> thought of posting something?
>
> I am sure he is still with us but it is difficult to know which one he
> is from this google search:
>
> <https://www.google.com/search?q=Jay%20Garcia&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=np&source=hp>

Since his name apparently is really John, not Jay, he may not be any of
them! See below from Dennis' post:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.whodataussies.com%2FShow%2520Puppy%2520Contract.pdf&ei=t-l8VKWnAZP5ggTai4LYCw&usg=AFQjCNEV4OjDtfeWBJ84aXdvvwO8raYphA

Re: Jay Garcia

Gus Richter

FYI:  his webpage  http://www.UFAQ.org/  is no longer on the air.

--
Gus

Re: Jay Garcia

๐Ÿ˜‰ Good Guy ๐Ÿ˜‰
On 04/12/2014 04:20, Gus Richter wrote:

> On 12/2/2014 4:51 PM, GerardJan wrote:
>> jetjock wrote:
>>> I have some good news anyway. After reading Dennis' post, I checked
>>> both the Kenner, LA and New Orleans, LA newspaper obits and did not
>>> find anything for either John or Jay Garcia, or Candy Garcia, since
>>> his last post the end of Oct. At least we can fairly sure that he's
>>> still with us at least.
>>>
>> I surely hope so
>>
>> sincerely
>>

> FYI:  his webpage  http://www.UFAQ.org/  is no longer on the air.

His domain doesn't expire until:

2015-04-28T04:00:00Z

So the fact that is is down could mean that it is either attacked or hijacked or brought down by hackers.

His contact details seem to be:

Tech Name:Jay Garcia
Tech Organization:
Tech Street: 2153 3rd St
Tech City:Kenner
Tech State/Province:LA
Tech Postal Code:70062
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.5045551212
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email:[hidden email]

Perhaps somebody in Australia/USA could give him a call to see if he is alright.  I have just sent him a message to see if he replies using his own domain email.  His personal webpage is blank:

http://jaygarcia.com/

<http://reports.internic.net/cgi/whois?whois_nic=ufaq.org&type=domain>

His other details are as follows:

Domain Name: JAYGARCIA.COM
    Registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE
    Whois Server: whois.melbourneit.com
    Referral URL: http://www.melbourneit.com
    Name Server: NS1.SECURE.NET
    Name Server: NS2.SECURE.NET
    Updated Date: 13-jan-2011
    Creation Date: 15-feb-1999
    Expiration Date: 15-feb-2016

Re: Jay Garcia

๐Ÿ˜‰ Good Guy ๐Ÿ˜‰
On 04/12/2014 04:20, Gus Richter wrote:

> On 12/2/2014 4:51 PM, GerardJan wrote:
>> jetjock wrote:
>>> I have some good news anyway. After reading Dennis' post, I checked
>>> both the Kenner, LA and New Orleans, LA newspaper obits and did not
>>> find anything for either John or Jay Garcia, or Candy Garcia, since
>>> his last post the end of Oct. At least we can fairly sure that he's
>>> still with us at least.
>>>
>> I surely hope so
>>
>> sincerely
>>

> FYI:  his webpage  http://www.UFAQ.org/  is no longer on the air.

His website must have been pulled by the authorities for inaccurate
whois listing.  It states country as US when in fact he is in Australia
so ICANN must have shut it down.  I received a similar email recently
from GoDaddy (and 123Reg) to check my details as any inaccurate info
allows them to shut it down without notice.

This is their official policy globally:

<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/wdrp-2012-02-25-en>

Re: Jay Garcia

๐Ÿ˜‰ Good Guy ๐Ÿ˜‰
On 03/12/2014 15:58, jetjock wrote:
> Since his name apparently is really John, not Jay, he may not be any
> of them! See below from Dennis' post:

why has he registered another domain with the name of:
http://www.jaygarcia.com

I am pretty sure he is called Jay Garcia.

Re: Jay Garcia

The Real Bev
On 12/03/2014 09:07 PM, Good Guy wrote:

> On 04/12/2014 04:20, Gus Richter wrote:
>>>>
>>> I surely hope so
>>>
>>> sincerely
>>
>> FYI:  his webpage http://www.UFAQ.org/  is no longer on the air.

My guess is that he just got tired of maintaining it.  It happens :-(

> His website must have been pulled by the authorities for inaccurate
> whois listing.  It states country as US when in fact he is in Australia
> so ICANN must have shut it down.  I received a similar email recently
> from GoDaddy (and 123Reg) to check my details as any inaccurate info
> allows them to shut it down without notice.
>
> This is their official policy globally:
>
> <https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/wdrp-2012-02-25-en>

Whois lists HIM in Louisiana, but the registrar is in Australia.
Probably cheap.  Is there any reason to pay more than the minimum for a
low-use website?

We know from previous discussions, unless he has gone to far more
trouble than a sane person would for a purpose I am unable to fathom, he
lives in the New Orleans area.

--
Cheers, Bev

Re: Jay Garcia

Ron Hunter
On 12/3/2014 11:07 PM, Good Guy wrote:

> On 04/12/2014 04:20, Gus Richter wrote:
>>>>
>>> I surely hope so
>>>
>>> sincerely
>>>

>> FYI:  his webpage http://www.UFAQ.org/  is no longer on the air.
>>

> His website must have been pulled by the authorities for inaccurate
> whois listing.  It states country as US when in fact he is in Australia
> so ICANN must have shut it down.  I received a similar email recently
> from GoDaddy (and 123Reg) to check my details as any inaccurate info
> allows them to shut it down without notice.
>
> This is their official policy globally:
>
> <https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/wdrp-2012-02-25-en>

Fore what Jay said, he maintains his own server(s), and is in New
Orleans.  I have two (similar) email addresses for him.  Might see it
they are still good.

Re: Jay Garcia

Jay Garcia
On 02.12.2014 19:31, ยปQยซ wrote:

> In <news:[hidden email]>,
> Good Guy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 02/12/2014 16:25, jetjock wrote:
>> > I have some good news anyway. After reading Dennis' post, I checked
>> > both the Kenner, LA and New Orleans, LA newspaper obits and did not
>> > find anything for either John or Jay Garcia, or Candy Garcia, since
>> > his last post the end of Oct. At least we can fairly sure that he's
>> > still with us at least.
>>
>> But is this research as conclusive as we would expect under these
>> circumstances?  Do all people post the obituaries in the papers?
>
> Yeah, pretty much everybody gets an obit in their local paper here.  If
> you want a New York Times obit, then you've got to stand out a bit
> more.  I'm sure Jay would have obits in the Times-Picayune and/or
> Advocate, and all those obits are online as well.

Yah, I was looking for mine too but didn't see one .. Oh well, guess I'm
still around. :-)

Just a lot going on here since Mom passed in February.

Jay

Re: Jay Garcia

Jay Garcia
On 02.12.2014 22:25, Good Guy wrote:

> On 02/12/2014 22:49, The Real Bev wrote:
>>
>> He's the Australian Shepherd breeder, and there would probably be a
>> note on its webpage if the owners had been wiped out.
>>
>> I emailed him.  No results yet.
>>

> Just wondering if he was related to  Philip Hughes of Australia?  If he
> was then  we won't hear from Jay Garcia for some time because of the
> death of Philip in a Cricket match.
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/30276698
>
> We are all watching the funeral live on our TV sets here in UK and I
> guess in other Cricket loving nations.
>
> Philip was a Cricket star and he does of a freak accident playing in a
> cricket match.

No, and not related to Jerry either. :-)

Jay

Re: Jay Garcia

W3BNR
On 12/4/2014 12:20 AM, Good Guy wrote:

> On 03/12/2014 15:58, jetjock wrote:
>> Since his name apparently is really John, not Jay, he may not be any
>> of them! See below from Dennis' post:
>>

> why has he registered another domain with the name of:
> http://www.jaygarcia.com
>
> I am pretty sure he is called Jay Garcia.

There is a ham radio operator with the call N5FZ located at 2153 E. 3rd
St. Kenner, LA which is the same address as returned on the domain
search.  This FCC listing shows the name Jay Garcia.

Perhaps the "John" as noted in the form for the dog information might be
a son or perhaps Jay's father?  Could be a second person in the dog
business?

--
Ed, W3BNR
HTTP://JonesFarm.us/W3BNR

We all get heavier as we get older because
there's a lot more information in our heads.

Re: Jay Garcia

W3BNR
On 12/4/2014 7:19 AM, Jay Garcia wrote:

> On 02.12.2014 19:31, ยปQยซ wrote:
>> In <news:[hidden email]>,
>> Good Guy <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> But is this research as conclusive as we would expect under these
>>> circumstances?  Do all people post the obituaries in the papers?
>>
>> Yeah, pretty much everybody gets an obit in their local paper here.  If
>> you want a New York Times obit, then you've got to stand out a bit
>> more.  I'm sure Jay would have obits in the Times-Picayune and/or
>> Advocate, and all those obits are online as well.
>>

> Yah, I was looking for mine too but didn't see one .. Oh well, guess I'm
> still around. :-)
>
> Just a lot going on here since Mom passed in February.
>
> Jay

Welcome back and very sorry to hear about your Mom.

--
Ed, W3BNR
HTTP://JonesFarm.us/W3BNR

Re: Jay Garcia

PhillipJones-2
Jay Garcia wrote:

> On 02.12.2014 22:25, Good Guy wrote:
>> On 02/12/2014 22:49, The Real Bev wrote:
>>>
>>> He's the Australian Shepherd breeder, and there would probably be a
>>> note on its webpage if the owners had been wiped out.
>>>
>>> I emailed him.  No results yet.
>>>

>> Just wondering if he was related to  Philip Hughes of Australia?  If he
>> was then  we won't hear from Jay Garcia for some time because of the
>> death of Philip in a Cricket match.
>>
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/30276698
>>
>> We are all watching the funeral live on our TV sets here in UK and I
>> guess in other Cricket loving nations.
>>
>> Philip was a Cricket star and he does of a freak accident playing in a
>> cricket match.
>>

> No, and not related to Jerry either. :-)
>
> Jay

Aw Shucks ! Not a Dead Head.
Nice to hear from you don't know though whether are Ghost of Christmas
Past Present or Future.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.      "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net    mailto:[hidden email]