Re: How to copy email headers from Thunderbird

Re: How to copy email headers from Thunderbird

Leonidas Jones
wowsher wrote:

> Clay wrote:
>> wowsher wrote:

>>> Another way is to use MESSAGE, FORWARD, AS ATTACHMENT.  This will
>>> preserve the whole email (including headers) both in your sent folder
>>> and for the receiver.
>>>
>>> good luck
>>> wowsher
>> iirc, you still have to have the view all headers selected (but not
>> necessarily viewed) when you do this or only the abbreviated headers
>> get forwarded.
> Wow I thought that was a standard since Outlook Express does this by
> default... I just tested it in T-Bird and you do have to have view all
> headers selected to get them in a forwarded message.  I would consider
> that a bug but I have not idea if it is truly a standard or just an
> accident that OE functions that way.
>
> I stand corrected and chastised for my ignorance... ;)
>
> wowsher

Many people would prefer not to have all the headers appear when
forwarding a message.  In TB you have the option of forwarding normal
headers or full headers, depending on your view option.

To my mind, that makes it a feature, not a bug.

Lee

Re: How to copy email headers from Thunderbird

Clay-2
Leonidas Jones wrote:

> wowsher wrote:
>
>> Clay wrote:

>>> iirc, you still have to have the view all headers selected (but not
>>> necessarily viewed) when you do this or only the abbreviated headers
>>> get forwarded.
>>
>> Wow I thought that was a standard since Outlook Express does this by
>> default... I just tested it in T-Bird and you do have to have view all
>> headers selected to get them in a forwarded message.  I would consider
>> that a bug but I have not idea if it is truly a standard or just an
>> accident that OE functions that way.
>>
>> I stand corrected and chastised for my ignorance... ;)
>>
>> wowsher
>

> Many people would prefer not to have all the headers appear when
> forwarding a message.  In TB you have the option of forwarding normal
> headers or full headers, depending on your view option.
>
> To my mind, that makes it a feature, not a bug.
>
> Lee
I annoy myself daily by forwarding posts home to read in the evenings,
getting home and finding they have half a page of headers on top... Very
easy to forget you have All selected and hard to spot if you forward as
attachment.
Certainly nice to have the option, If only I would remember to use it. :-)

Re: How to copy email headers from Thunderbird

Ron K.
T-bird Leader Clay radioed the tower on,   :

> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>
>> wowsher wrote:

>>> Wow I thought that was a standard since Outlook Express does this by
>>> default... I just tested it in T-Bird and you do have to have view
>>> all headers selected to get them in a forwarded message.  I would
>>> consider that a bug but I have not idea if it is truly a standard or
>>> just an accident that OE functions that way.
>>>
>>> I stand corrected and chastised for my ignorance... ;)
>>>
>>> wowsher
>>

>> Many people would prefer not to have all the headers appear when
>> forwarding a message.  In TB you have the option of forwarding normal
>> headers or full headers, depending on your view option.
>>
>> To my mind, that makes it a feature, not a bug.
>>
>> Lee
>
> I annoy myself daily by forwarding posts home to read in the evenings,
> getting home and finding they have half a page of headers on top... Very
> easy to forget you have All selected and hard to spot if you forward as
> attachment.
> Certainly nice to have the option, If only I would remember to use it. :-)

There is an extension for Tbird that can place an Icon on the Toolbar to
toggle the header view state.  It's "View Headers Toggle Button" and is
available at the Mozilla Org Extensions site.

Ron K.
Don't be a fonted, it's just type casting.

Ron K. wrote:

> T-bird Leader Clay radioed the tower on,   :

>>> Many people would prefer not to have all the headers appear when
>>> forwarding a message.  In TB you have the option of forwarding normal
>>> headers or full headers, depending on your view option.
>>>
>>> To my mind, that makes it a feature, not a bug.
>>>
>>> Lee
>>

>> I annoy myself daily by forwarding posts home to read in the evenings,
>> getting home and finding they have half a page of headers on top...
>> Very easy to forget you have All selected and hard to spot if you
>> forward as attachment.
>> Certainly nice to have the option, If only I would remember to use it.
>> :-)
>

> There is an extension for Tbird that can place an Icon on the Toolbar to
> toggle the header view state.  It's "View Headers Toggle Button" and is
> available at the Mozilla Org Extensions site.
>
> Ron K.

cool, thanks... if only I would remember to use it ;)

Seems for everything there is an extension.
Soon, someone will need to write an extension just to show you all the
extensions available.

Re: How to copy email headers from Thunderbird

Christopher Jahn
wowsher <[hidden email]> wrote in
news:dip55i$[hidden email]:

> Clay wrote:
>> wowsher wrote:

>>> Another way is to use MESSAGE, FORWARD, AS ATTACHMENT.  This will
>>> preserve the whole email (including headers) both in your sent
>>> folder and for the receiver.
>>>
>>> good luck
>>> wowsher
>> iirc, you still have to have the view all headers selected (but not
>> necessarily viewed) when you do this or only the abbreviated headers
>> get forwarded.
>
> Wow I thought that was a standard since Outlook Express does this by
> default... I just tested it in T-Bird and you do have to have view all
> headers selected to get them in a forwarded message.  I would consider
> that a bug but I have not idea if it is truly a standard or just an
> accident that OE functions that way.
>
> I stand corrected and chastised for my ignorance... ;)

OE never does anything in a standard fashion.

In fact, most users do not have a need to send complete headers in a
forwarded message in most cases.  I can always tell when some poor
schmuck is using OE because they forward me a ton of CRAP at the top of
every message.

--
}:-)       Christopher Jahn
{:-(       http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

Sleep is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

Re: How to copy email headers from Thunderbird

Mark Lloyd
On 19 Oct 2005 02:00:31 GMT, Christopher Jahn <[hidden email]> wrote:

>wowsher <[hidden email]> wrote in
>news:dip55i$[hidden email]:
>
>> Clay wrote:

>>> iirc, you still have to have the view all headers selected (but not
>>> necessarily viewed) when you do this or only the abbreviated headers
>>> get forwarded.
>>
>> Wow I thought that was a standard since Outlook Express does this by
>> default... I just tested it in T-Bird and you do have to have view all
>> headers selected to get them in a forwarded message.  I would consider
>> that a bug but I have not idea if it is truly a standard or just an
>> accident that OE functions that way.
>>
>> I stand corrected and chastised for my ignorance... ;)
>
>OE never does anything in a standard fashion.
>
>In fact, most users do not have a need to send complete headers in a
>forwarded message in most cases.  I can always tell when some poor
>schmuck is using OE because they forward me a ton of CRAP at the top of
>every message.

I remember a bunch of messages (from OE users) that started with
'blank', like "blankhow to you reformat your system drive?".

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Re: How to copy email headers from Thunderbird

Christopher Jahn
Mark Lloyd <[hidden email]> wrote in
news:[hidden email]:

> 67 days until the winter solstice celebration

AND my birthday.  No cake, please.

;-)

--
}:-)       Christopher Jahn
{:-(       http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

I just like to say quark, quark, quark, quark, quark, quark...