Re: HTML or Plain Text - no problem for me PS PS

1234 ... 6

Re: HTML or Plain Text - no problem for me PS PS

Nir-2
Terry R. said the following On 01/01/2008 01:25 AM:

> The date and time was 12/31/2007 11:26 AM, and on a whim, Phillip M.
> Jones, C.E.T pounded out on the keyboard:
>
>> Terry R. wrote:
>>> The date and time was 12/31/2007 8:51 AM, and on a whim, Phillip M.
>>> Jones, C.E.T pounded out on the keyboard:

>>> WRONG! Phillip! Stop talking about what you NOTHING about!

>>> When YOU worked on PC's, we used candles for light! Times have changed.

>>> DOUBLE WRONG! Please stop making comments about PC's. It's been so
>>> long since you used one you have no idea what you're talking about.

>>> About as rare as a PC now days. But you won't convince my
>>> brother-in-law whose Mac I had to reinstall the OS because NO trouble
>>> shooting methods worked. Nor the Mac at a network I admin because the
>>> iLife software wouldn't run on the older OS (you know, just a .#
>>> off), it had to be upgraded. Just a couple examples of life with Macs...
>>>
>>> They're both about the same. Realize it and move on.
>>>
>> on the .# off all he had to do way go to apple menu and choose
>> software update run it, the run disk utilities and repaired
>> permissions the he could have run the iLife software. The only time
>> you have to reinstall system is if the Hard drive has a Bad block
>> problem. Then do an Archive and install and then run software Update
>> and run all the updates. or you can get from apple a combo updater
>> which as ll the updates and security fixes up until the time the
>> updater is released.
>>

> No. The iLife software would only run with a "newer version".

Please move this OT Discussion to mozilla.general and continue it there .

Re: HTML or Plain Text - no problem for me PS PS

squaredancer
On 01.01.2008 17:38, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Nir to
generate the following:? :

> Terry R. said the following On 01/01/2008 01:25 AM:
>
>> The date and time was 12/31/2007 11:26 AM, and on a whim, Phillip M.
>> Jones, C.E.T pounded out on the keyboard:

>>> on the .# off all he had to do way go to apple menu and choose
>>> software update run it, the run disk utilities and repaired
>>> permissions the he could have run the iLife software. The only time
>>> you have to reinstall system is if the Hard drive has a Bad block
>>> problem. Then do an Archive and install and then run software Update
>>> and run all the updates. or you can get from apple a combo updater
>>> which as ll the updates and security fixes up until the time the
>>> updater is released.
>>>

>> No. The iLife software would only run with a "newer version".
>>

> Please move this OT Discussion to mozilla.general and continue it there .

you just are NOT LOOKING, are you!

reg

Re: HTML or Plain Text - no problem for me PS PS

Terry R.
The date and time was 1/1/2008 8:38 AM, and on a whim, Nir pounded out
on the keyboard:

> Terry R. said the following On 01/01/2008 01:25 AM:
>> The date and time was 12/31/2007 11:26 AM, and on a whim, Phillip M.
>> Jones, C.E.T pounded out on the keyboard:

>>> on the .# off all he had to do way go to apple menu and choose
>>> software update run it, the run disk utilities and repaired
>>> permissions the he could have run the iLife software. The only time
>>> you have to reinstall system is if the Hard drive has a Bad block
>>> problem. Then do an Archive and install and then run software Update
>>> and run all the updates. or you can get from apple a combo updater
>>> which as ll the updates and security fixes up until the time the
>>> updater is released.
>>>
>> No. The iLife software would only run with a "newer version".
>>

> Please move this OT Discussion to mozilla.general and continue it there .

I think if you carefully follow from the VERY beginning of the thread,
you will see that in a roundabout way this WAS on topic.  But I'll let
you spend the time on that one okay?

--
Terry R.

Terry R. said the following On 01/02/2008 08:54 PM:

> I think if you carefully follow from the VERY beginning of the
> thread, you will see that in a roundabout way this WAS on topic. But
>  I'll let you spend the time on that one okay?

The Discussion that you and Philip were discussing on
'iMac + crash' issue might has come in a roundabout way  from original
topic but it's not an On Topic discussion . Either use mozilla.general
or take it to private mail whenever you need to
discuss on this type of matter .

Re: HTML or Plain Text - no problem for me PS PS

Jay Garcia

Re: HTML or Plain Text - no problem for me PS PS

squaredancer
On 02.01.2008 19:13, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Jay Garcia to
generate the following:? :

> On 02.01.2008 11:14, Nir wrote:

I would like to elaborate:
> If you want to do something beneficial to the community at large then ...

.... then take your OT rubbish to Moz.complaints.dept - and take ChrisI
and Q with you!

and learn proper english grammatology as well....... at least half-ways
proper!

> make the suggestion

I would also like to make a suggestion - but I would probably get myself
banned...
> that if someone wants to go off-topic slightly OR
> toally that they post in their very first reply that they will be taking
> the discussion to .general (for example) and NOT post the reply in the
> main thread but take it directly to the other location and for the new
> user, a brief explanation as to how to get to the new location.

(because not EVERYONE is subscribed to ALL of the groups)

reg

Re: HTML or Plain Text - no problem for me PS PS

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
squaredancer wrote:
> .... then take your OT rubbish to Moz.complaints.dept - and take ChrisI
> and Q with you!

hey, that would be a great newsgroup: mozilla.complaints

I wonder how long it will take Gerv or justdave to create
it?  Then again, Chris I may become the list owner, and ban
everybody. ;-)

I wonder what the second posting would be? The first being
justdave sending out his usual welcome message.

Warning: Private emails to me may become public

Posting of this message may get me banned from the Mozilla
Newsgroups, as its not "contributing to the developement of
the Mozilla Project"

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Re: HTML or Plain Text - no problem for me PS PS

PhillipJones
Nir wrote:

> Terry R. said the following On 01/02/2008 08:54 PM:
>

>> I think if you carefully follow from the VERY beginning of the thread,
>> you will see that in a roundabout way this WAS on topic. But
>>  I'll let you spend the time on that one okay?
>>

> The Discussion that you and Philip were discussing on
> 'iMac + crash' issue might has come in a roundabout way  from original
> topic but it's not an On Topic discussion . Either use mozilla.general
> or take it to private mail whenever you need to
> discuss on this type of matter .

Well we are in General now and I did try to move it.

squaredancer wrote:

> On 02.01.2008 19:13, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Jay Garcia to
> generate the following:? :
>> On 02.01.2008 11:14, Nir wrote:

  I know I don't the only ones I am at mozilla are:
mozilla.general
Mozilla.test.Multimedia - which is all but dead (exactly what one one
person wanted)
mozilla.support.seamonkey
mozilla.support.firefox
mozilla.support.thunderbird

Re: HTML or Plain Text - no problem for me PS PS

squaredancer
On 02.01.2008 22:03, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Peter Potamus
the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :

> squaredancer wrote:
>
>> .... then take your OT rubbish to Moz.complaints.dept - and take ChrisI
>> and Q with you!
>>

> hey, that would be a great newsgroup: mozilla.complaints
>
> I wonder how long it will take Gerv or justdave to create
> it?  Then again, Chris I may become the list owner, and ban
> everybody. ;-)
>
> I wonder what the second posting would be? The first being
> justdave sending out his usual welcome message.

.... which would be promptly declared OT and referred to general *LMAO*

reg

Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
>   I know I don't the only ones I am at mozilla are:
> Mozilla.test.Multimedia - which is all but dead (exactly what one one
> person wanted)

please, it wasn't me.  I'm not that one person.

Warning: Private emails to me may become public

Posting of this message may get me banned from the Mozilla
Newsgroups, as its not "contributing to the developement of
the Mozilla Project"

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Re: HTML or Plain Text - no problem for me PS PS

squaredancer
On 02.01.2008 22:43, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Peter Potamus
the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :

> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
>
>>   I know I don't the only ones I am at mozilla are:
>> Mozilla.test.Multimedia - which is all but dead (exactly what one one
>> person wanted)
>>

> please, it wasn't me.  I'm not that one person.

aw. c'mon there - if it weren't you, why were you banned, huh??

it wasn't the *doing, it was the *wanting*

reg

squaredancer wrote:

> On 02.01.2008 22:03, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Peter Potamus
> the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :
>> squaredancer wrote:
>>
>>> .... then take your OT rubbish to Moz.complaints.dept - and take ChrisI
>>> and Q with you!
>>>
>> hey, that would be a great newsgroup: mozilla.complaints
>>
>> I wonder how long it will take Gerv or justdave to create
>> it?  Then again, Chris I may become the list owner, and ban
>> everybody. ;-)
>>
>> I wonder what the second posting would be? The first being
>> justdave sending out his usual welcome message.
>>

> .... which would be promptly declared OT and referred to general *LMAO*
>
> reg

hardy-har har-har!!!!

Jay Garcia said the following On 01/02/2008 11:43 PM:

> Why not let the USER decide whether it's ON topic or not for crying
> out loud. After all, support groups are FOR the USERS aren't they?
> If a

Certainly , support groups are for providing help to users but every
support group has a purpose . As long as a discussion satisfies that
purpose it's on-topic . If the discussion loses that connection it
should be moved elsewhere where it will not be taken as OT .
For the same reason whenever a person , by mistake , post a firefox
related question in thunderbird newsgroup , we ask him to take it to the
proper group ,i.e, m.s.firefox .

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
>>   I know I don't the only ones I am at mozilla are:
>> Mozilla.test.Multimedia - which is all but dead (exactly what one one
>> person wanted)
>
> please, it wasn't me.  I'm not that one person.

I never said it was you. The person's name starts with a .... (I won't
say as hell try to get this shut down as well) and used the run in with
you as a pretense to shut it down.

Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:

> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
>>>   I know I don't the only ones I am at mozilla are:
>>> Mozilla.test.Multimedia - which is all but dead (exactly what one one
>>> person wanted)
>> please, it wasn't me.  I'm not that one person.
>>

> I never said it was you. The person's name starts with a .... (I won't
> say as hell try to get this shut down as well) and used the run in with
> you as a pretense to shut it down.

that doesn't make sense.  I have no idea who you're
referring to.  And I'm not trying to shut anything down.
Just to get rid of the spam mooses and this civil death
cancellation policy.

Warning: Private emails to me may become public

Notice: This posting is protected under Copyright Laws.

Posting of this message may get me banned from the Mozilla
Newsgroups, as its not "contributing to the developement of
the Mozilla Project"

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

OT was Re: HTML or Plain Text - no problem for me PS PS

Daniel-24
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>>> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:

<snip>

> that doesn't make sense.  I have no idea who you're referring to.  And
> I'm not trying to shut anything down. Just to get rid of the spam mooses
> and this civil death cancellation policy.

...What?? You want to keep the Impolite Death Cancellation Policy, then??

Daniel

Re: OT was Re: HTML or Plain Text - no problem for me PS PS

Daniel wrote:

> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> that doesn't make sense.  I have no idea who you're referring to.  And
>> I'm not trying to shut anything down. Just to get rid of the spam mooses
>> and this civil death cancellation policy.
>>

> ...What?? You want to keep the Impolite Death Cancellation Policy, then??
>
> Daniel

I didn't say that.  I said I want to get rid of two things:
the spam mooses and the cancellation policy.

Warning: Private emails to me may become public

Notice: This posting is protected under Copyright Laws.

Posting of this message may get me banned from the Mozilla
Newsgroups, as its not "contributing to the developement of
the Mozilla Project"

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Re: OT was Re: HTML or Plain Text - no problem for me PS PS

Daniel-24
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

> Daniel wrote:
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> that doesn't make sense.  I have no idea who you're referring to.
>>> And I'm not trying to shut anything down. Just to get rid of the spam
>>> mooses and this civil death cancellation policy.
>>>

>> ...What?? You want to keep the Impolite Death Cancellation Policy, then??
>>
>> Daniel
>
> I didn't say that.  I said I want to get rid of two things: the spam
> mooses and the cancellation policy.

rgr.

Daniel wrote:

> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> Daniel wrote:
>>> <snip>

>>> ...What?? You want to keep the Impolite Death Cancellation Policy, then??
>>>
>>> Daniel
>> I didn't say that.  I said I want to get rid of two things: the spam
>> mooses and the cancellation policy.
>>

> rgr.
>
> Daniel

rgr = Rare Gas Recovery?