Re: Google RSS trouble in TB betas

M Cowperthwaite
Nick Battle wrote:
> It looks like I'm using the wrong URLs... sorry for the confusion.
>
> A valid RSS feed URL from Google would be
> http://groups.google.com/group/netscape.public.mozilla.mail-news/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml?num=15

That feed fails to validate at   http://feedvalidator.org/

I just added it to TB 1.5 and got 15 items; I don't know if that's the
right amount or not.  I didn't see any corrupted or blank subject lines.
  Do you have the feed configured for "show webpage" or "show summary"?

TB 1.5 has gotten a little more stringent about validating, but it also
has fixed some bugs that were causing 1.0.x to hang on valid feeds.

--
Michael Cowperthwaite

To send mail, remove 'Z's from the poster's email address.

Re: Google RSS trouble in TB betas

Nick Battle
Apologies for the late reply on this... You're right, the 2nd URL
doesn't validate, but it does display correctly in TB 1.5b2.  The
previous URL I was using reports more serious looking errors, and
produced the behaviour with blank subject lines. In both cases I
display the summary, though displaying the web page did not help when
the message appears broken.

I assume Google have been updating their feeds, and that they're still
not perfect. But TB can cope.

Cheers,
-nick