Re: Firefox is on its way out

123456 ... 10

Re: Firefox is on its way out

The Real Bev
»Q« wrote:

> Jay Garcia <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately I think I got your point and I think so did Xavier.
>
> It's like a freakin' Country Bear Jambaroo around here!

No.  All those horrible yammering little THINGS in 'Small World' that make me
wish I'd brought a rifle along on the ride.

--
Cheers, Bev
O_________________________________________________O

Re: Firefox is on its way out

»Q«
In <news:[hidden email]>,
The Real Bev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> »Q« wrote:
>
> > Jay Garcia <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Unfortunately I think I got your point and I think so did Xavier.
> >
> > It's like a freakin' Country Bear Jambaroo around here!
>
> No.  All those horrible yammering little THINGS in 'Small World' that
> make me wish I'd brought a rifle along on the ride.

That too!

--
»Q«                                                              /"\
                                      ASCII Ribbon Campaign      \ /

Re: Firefox is on its way out

squaredancer
On 27.04.2009 03:52, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  »Q« to
generate the following:? :

> In <news:[hidden email]>,
> Jay Garcia <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Unfortunately I think I got your point and I think so did Xavier.
>>

> It's like a freakin' Country Bear Jambaroo around here!

oh dear! >>Q<< used the "f" word - with an apostrophe.... good that this
is general....

reg

Re: Firefox is on its way out

squaredancer
On 26.04.2009 23:07, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Jay Garcia to
generate the following:? :

> On 26.04.2009 11:56, squaredancer wrote:

well - as I taught you lot many-a-time.... history says that the
american colony didn't want independance, so we had to /fight/  our way
out....

amen!

reg

Re: Firefox is on its way out

Jay Garcia
On 27.04.2009 04:04, squaredancer wrote:

> On 26.04.2009 23:07, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Jay Garcia to
> generate the following:? :
>> On 26.04.2009 11:56, squaredancer wrote:

Was speaking of the Battle (rout) of New Orleans bubba! Tea and Crumpets
don't make it here! :-)

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
www.ufaq.org

Re: Firefox is on its way out

PhillipJones
»Q« wrote:

> In <news:[hidden email]>,
> Jay Garcia <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 26.04.2009 20:52, »Q« wrote:

>>> It's like a freakin' Country Bear Jambaroo around here!
>> More like a three-ring circus all filled with clowns.
>
> One clown is much like another.

I'm more like the sad clown that recently died.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.  "If it Ain't Broke, Don't Fix it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net           http://www.vpea.org

Re: Firefox is on its way out

PhillipJones
squaredancer wrote:

> On 26.04.2009 23:07, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Jay Garcia to
> generate the following:? :
>> On 26.04.2009 11:56, squaredancer wrote:

Riiiight!!!!!

Jay Garcia wrote:

> On 27.04.2009 04:04, squaredancer wrote:

John Horton had a famous song describing the battle.
Yea ....they ran through Bramble and Bushes ....

On 27.04.2009 08:45, Phillip Jones wrote:

>> On 26.04.2009 23:07, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Jay Garcia
>> to generate the following:? :
>>> On 26.04.2009 11:56, squaredancer wrote:

I guess we'll have to celebrate something else on July 4th then. :-(

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
www.ufaq.org
Netscape - Flock - Firefox - Thunderbird - Seamonkey Support

Re: Firefox is on its way out

squaredancer
On 27.04.2009 14:48, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Jay Garcia to
generate the following:? :

> On 27.04.2009 04:04, squaredancer wrote:

yepp - that was the americans' "last stand" before the brits (actually,
very few brits - mostly hessian mercenaries) fought their way OUT, to
let you lot get on with your tea-party (with crumpets and muffins)

reg

Re: Firefox is on its way out

squaredancer
On 27.04.2009 15:55, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Jay Garcia to
generate the following:? :

> On 27.04.2009 08:45, Phillip Jones wrote:

naaa - keep up the impression....
but then again, you could invite queen Lizzie over - if she remembers,
she may even bring old Phillip the Greek (Mountbatten) with her.
( he's the old fart who then said:
"whoever you are
wherever you be
always let your air go free" )

reg

Re: Firefox is on its way out

Jay Garcia
On 27.04.2009 10:12, squaredancer wrote:

> On 27.04.2009 14:48, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Jay Garcia to
> generate the following:? :
>> On 27.04.2009 04:04, squaredancer wrote:

Hmmm, 2000 casualties (Brits) and 71 casualties (US). Last stand
alright. Not too many made it OUT. But we do have a stand of Oak trees
in honor of Pakenham - Pakenham Oaks near the Chalmette Battlefield.
Many were damaged by Katrina.

Crumpet/Muffin Sauce Piquant .. sorta has a ring to it .. nah!

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
www.ufaq.org
Netscape - Flock - Firefox - Thunderbird - Seamonkey Support

Re: Firefox is on its way out

Irwin Greenwald-4
On 4/26/2009 5:11 PM, Jay Garcia wrote:
> Unfortunately I think I got your point and I think so did Xavier. Ethnic
> racial overtone if I ever saw one, unless of course you'd like to explain.

Actually it was geographical bigotry.  And I'm sure you know what Xavier
thinks!!!

Irwin

Re: Firefox is on its way out

Jay Garcia
On 27.04.2009 13:51, Irwin Greenwald wrote:

>> Unfortunately I think I got your point and I think so did Xavier. Ethnic
>> racial overtone if I ever saw one, unless of course you'd like to
>> explain.
>>
> Actually it was geographical bigotry.  And I'm sure you know what Xavier
> thinks!!!
>
> Irwin

No idea what he thinks but being from the same ethnic background I can
imagine. You have something against people from Texas?

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
www.ufaq.org
Netscape - Flock - Firefox - Thunderbird - Seamonkey Support

Re: Firefox is on its way out

Moz Champion (Dan)
Jay Garcia wrote:

> On 27.04.2009 10:12, squaredancer wrote:

?? The Battle of New Orleans wasn't part of the revolutionary war, it
was part of the War of 1812.

The British force which had already raided Washington, (and burned it),
besieged Baltimore (giving Americans the 'Star Spangled Banner'
poem/song) decided to raid New Orleans basically for the loot to be had.

The battle occured two weeks after both England and the United States
had signed the peace treaty, and didn't matter at all in reality.

It was an American victory, but hey at the gun the Americans were still
down 28 to 4. The English/Canadian/Native American team was still ahead
going into the final overtime, and the singular American triumph did
little but to give the Americans a story and a song for their troubles.

In short, the Americans lost the War of 1812 that they had begun in the
first place. While General (later President) Jackson did hand the
British troops a resounding defeat, it was for, basically, a lost cause.

Oh, and there were no 'Hessian' troops at New Orleans.
The British order of Battle included
     * 4th Foot (King's Own)
     * 7th Foot (Royal Fusiliers)
     * 21st Foot (Royal North British Fusiliers)
     * 43rd Light Infantry (Monmouth)
     * 44th Foot (East Essex)
     * 85th Foot (Buck's Volunteers)
     * 93rd Foot (Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders)
     * 95th Rifle Corps
     * 1st West Indian Infantry (Colored)
     * 2nd West Indian Infantry (Colored)
     * 14th Dragoons (dismounted)

Detachments of:

     * Royal Artillery
     * Royal Engineers
     * Royal Rocket Corps
     * Royal Corps of Sappers and Miners
     * Sailors from the Royal Navy
     * Royal Marines

Of the regiments that fought at New Orleans, the 4th (King's Own) and
the 95th (Rifle Corps) went on to fight in June at Waterloo. The 93rd
Foot (Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders) went on to form "The Thin Red
Line" at Balaclava during the Crimean War.

Re: Firefox is on its way out

PhillipJones
Jay Garcia wrote:

> On 27.04.2009 10:12, squaredancer wrote:

For the Americans:

<http://www.phillipmjones.net/The Battle of New Orleans.m4a

For the Brits in the audience:

<http://www.phillipmjones.net/The Battle of New Orleans2.m4a

Phillip Jones wrote:

> Jay Garcia wrote:
>> On 27.04.2009 10:12, squaredancer wrote:

Lets try again.

Phillip Jones wrote:

> Phillip Jones wrote:
>> Jay Garcia wrote:
>>> On 27.04.2009 10:12, squaredancer wrote:

Still didn't get it right

Phillip Jones wrote:

> Phillip Jones wrote:
>> Jay Garcia wrote:
>>> On 27.04.2009 10:12, squaredancer wrote:

Still didn't get it right

Phillip Jones wrote:

> Phillip Jones wrote:
>> Phillip Jones wrote:

Finally got right left out the underscores