Re: Firefox is on its way out

12345 ... 10

Re: Firefox is on its way out

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
user wrote:

> /xo = Xavier Ochoa

glad you did that.  I was beginning to think you were
sending us hugs and kisses!

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Herb wrote:

> On 23.04.2009 23:04 UK Time, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> Pete Holsberg wrote:
>>
>>> The last time I looked, Mozilla was not deriving any income from the
>>> sale of Firefox, Thunderbird, etc.
>>>
>>> "The Mozilla Foundation is a non-profit organization that sponsors
>>> the Mozilla project and devotes its resources to promoting openness,
>>> innovation and opportunity on the Internet. We do this by supporting
>>> the community of Mozilla contributors and by assisting others who are
>>> building technologies that benefit users around the world."
>>>
>>> So Mozilla is not a huge profit-making corp with vast resources and
>>> does not fit your description at all. You cannot expect to get
>>> extensive free support along with free software.
>>
>> the Mozilla Foundation might not make any money, but the Mozilla
>> Corporation does.  It makes 10s of millions of dollars off the
>> proceeds of Firefox.  Firefox is a huge cash-cow for them. This is why
>> Mozilla has sort of dropped Thunderbird, cause it can't make money.
>
> Are you saying Thunderbird is on its way out?
>
> That would be very sad indeed :'(

Mozilla has passed the buck on Thunderbird to another
group.  Just like they passed the buck on the old
Mozilla Suite to the SeaMonkey Council.

Followup set to mozilla.general where this conversation
should go, to comply with the lunacy of the Mozilla Bullies

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Re: Firefox is on its way out

defaria

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
--
Andrew DeFaria
I hit the CTRL key but I'm still not in control!
Pete Holsberg wrote:

[...]

Agreed!

Re: Firefox is on its way out

user-41

>>> "/xo = Xavier Ochoa - Beaumont, Tx."
>>>
>>> I guess that explains it!
>>>

>> I would think it does, yes. People like him are usually a giveaway. He
>> comes across as quite self-centered, thinks everyone should follow his
>> lead. Being a non-believer in a diety higher than himself is right
>> inline IMHO.
>>
>> Xavier
>
> You sure missed my point!

Well, I thought you may be going in a certain direction with that
comment but I said, nah, he wouldn't do that .. did you? So just what IS
your point with that comment? I am a Vietnam Vet that fought for our
country, USA. Now tell us, just where were you going Irwin?

Xavier

Re: Firefox is on its way out

user-41
> user wrote:
>
>> /xo = Xavier Ochoa
>
> glad you did that.  I was beginning to think you were
> sending us hugs and kisses!

Not quite, that's the way we signed back in the VAX/VMS days.

/xo

Xavier

Re: Firefox is on its way out

Irwin Greenwald-4
On 4/25/2009 8:20 PM, user wrote:

>>> I would think it does, yes. People like him are usually a giveaway. He
>>> comes across as quite self-centered, thinks everyone should follow his
>>> lead. Being a non-believer in a diety higher than himself is right
>>> inline IMHO.
>>>
>>> Xavier
>>
>> You sure missed my point!
>
> Well, I thought you may be going in a certain direction with that
> comment but I said, nah, he wouldn't do that .. did you? So just what IS
> your point with that comment? I am a Vietnam Vet that fought for our
> country, USA. Now tell us, just where were you going Irwin?
>
> Xavier

You're not that obtuse: it explains your attitude.  I am a WWII vet who
fought for our country!  What has that go to do with the discussion?

Re: Firefox is on its way out

user-41

>>> You sure missed my point!
>>
>> Well, I thought you may be going in a certain direction with that
>> comment but I said, nah, he wouldn't do that .. did you? So just what IS
>> your point with that comment? I am a Vietnam Vet that fought for our
>> country, USA. Now tell us, just where were you going Irwin?
>>
>> Xavier
>
> You're not that obtuse: it explains your attitude.  I am a WWII vet who
> fought for our country!  What has that go to do with the discussion?

What it has to do with the discussion is where I thought you MAY have
been going, happy you didn't. So what exactly was your point, second
request. Hurry, I won't be back for a while, duty calls.

Xavier

Re: Firefox is on its way out

squaredancer
On 26.04.2009 05:20, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  user to
generate the following:? :

>>> I would think it does, yes. People like him are usually a giveaway. He
>>> comes across as quite self-centered, thinks everyone should follow his
>>> lead. Being a non-believer in a diety higher than himself is right
>>> inline IMHO.
>>>
>>> Xavier
>>>
>> You sure missed my point!
>>

> Well, I thought you may be going in a certain direction with that
> comment but I said, nah, he wouldn't do that .. did you? So just what IS
> your point with that comment? I am a Vietnam Vet that fought for our
> country, USA. Now tell us, just where were you going Irwin?
>
> Xavier

YOU tell MEE (I speak with a "bloody terrible" german accent) exactly
how you fought for the US of A in VIETNAM ??  What the hell where you
doing there in the first place, huh???

reg

Re: Firefox is on its way out

user-41
> On 26.04.2009 05:20, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  user to
> generate the following:? :

>>> You sure missed my point!
>>>

>> Well, I thought you may be going in a certain direction with that
>> comment but I said, nah, he wouldn't do that .. did you? So just what IS
>> your point with that comment? I am a Vietnam Vet that fought for our
>> country, USA. Now tell us, just where were you going Irwin?
>>
>> Xavier
>>

> YOU tell MEE (I speak with a "bloody terrible" german accent) exactly
> how you fought for the US of A in VIETNAM ??  What the hell where you
> doing there in the first place, huh???
>
> reg

You never heard of Vietnam and the US of A presence there??

Helicopter pilot rescuing downed airmen, that's what. You have a problem
with that? At least I wasn't crossing into Canada burning my draft card.
What I thought maybe that Irwin was alluding to was my "name/ethinic
origin" and/or my "location".

Bye, headed out.

Xavier

Re: Firefox is on its way out

Don Nickell-4
user wrote:

>> On 26.04.2009 05:20, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  user to
>> generate the following:? :

>>> Well, I thought you may be going in a certain direction with that
>>> comment but I said, nah, he wouldn't do that .. did you? So just what IS
>>> your point with that comment? I am a Vietnam Vet that fought for our
>>> country, USA. Now tell us, just where were you going Irwin?
>>>
>>> Xavier
>>>

>> YOU tell MEE (I speak with a "bloody terrible" german accent) exactly
>> how you fought for the US of A in VIETNAM ??  What the hell where you
>> doing there in the first place, huh???
>>
>> reg
>
> You never heard of Vietnam and the US of A presence there??
>
> Helicopter pilot rescuing downed airmen, that's what. You have a problem
> with that? At least I wasn't crossing into Canada burning my draft card.
> What I thought maybe that Irwin was alluding to was my "name/ethinic
> origin" and/or my "location".
>
> Bye, headed out.
>
> Xavier

I imagine in 40 years people will be asking "what were
YOU doing in Iraq", eh.

Re: Firefox is on its way out

PhillipJones
Don wrote:

> user wrote:
>>> On 26.04.2009 05:20, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  user to
>>> generate the following:? :

>>> YOU tell MEE (I speak with a "bloody terrible" german accent) exactly
>>> how you fought for the US of A in VIETNAM ??  What the hell where you
>>> doing there in the first place, huh???
>>>
>>> reg
>>
>> You never heard of Vietnam and the US of A presence there??
>>
>> Helicopter pilot rescuing downed airmen, that's what. You have a problem
>> with that? At least I wasn't crossing into Canada burning my draft card.
>> What I thought maybe that Irwin was alluding to was my "name/ethinic
>> origin" and/or my "location".
>>
>> Bye, headed out.
>>
>> Xavier
>
> I imagine in 40 years people will be asking "what were YOU doing in
> Iraq", eh.

Probably he would say fighting another Country's Civil War.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.  "If it Ain't Broke, Don't Fix it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net           http://www.vpea.org

Re: Firefox is on its way out

squaredancer
On 26.04.2009 14:35, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  user to
generate the following:? :

>> On 26.04.2009 05:20, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  user to
>> generate the following:? :

>>> Well, I thought you may be going in a certain direction with that
>>> comment but I said, nah, he wouldn't do that .. did you? So just what IS
>>> your point with that comment? I am a Vietnam Vet that fought for our
>>> country, USA. Now tell us, just where were you going Irwin?
>>>
>>> Xavier
>>>

>> YOU tell MEE (I speak with a "bloody terrible" german accent) exactly
>> how you fought for the US of A in VIETNAM ??  What the hell where you
>> doing there in the first place, huh???
>>
>> reg
>>

> You never heard of Vietnam and the US of A presence there??

you mean, of course, the US INVASION of a foriegn country - as in Korea,
Afghanistan, Mogadishu, Iraq......
> Helicopter pilot rescuing downed airmen, that's what. You have a problem
> with that? At least I wasn't crossing into Canada burning my draft card.

more fool you for listening to (and believing...) some stupid
politician.....

> What I thought maybe that Irwin was alluding to was my "name/ethinic
> origin" and/or my "location".
>
> Bye, headed out.
>
> Xavier

nothing against the poor sods who get their ass kicked in those places -
but as you would surely agree - (your....) god's will be done!

reg

Re: Firefox is on its way out

squaredancer
On 26.04.2009 17:06, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Phillip Jones
to generate the following:? :

> Don wrote:

>>> You never heard of Vietnam and the US of A presence there??
>>>
>>> Helicopter pilot rescuing downed airmen, that's what. You have a problem
>>> with that? At least I wasn't crossing into Canada burning my draft card.
>>> What I thought maybe that Irwin was alluding to was my "name/ethinic
>>> origin" and/or my "location".
>>>
>>> Bye, headed out.
>>>
>>> Xavier
>>>
>> I imagine in 40 years people will be asking "what were YOU doing in
>> Iraq", eh.
>>

> Probably he would say fighting another Country's Civil War.

nope, Phillip...

he would say "President Bush told me that god had spoken to him, telling
him who the bad guys are" (and, of course, trying to find all that
chemical warfare stuff that the /previous Bush/ had sold to Saddam Hussein)

reg

Re: Firefox is on its way out

Jay Garcia
On 26.04.2009 11:56, squaredancer wrote:

> nothing against the poor sods who get their ass kicked in those places -
> but as you would surely agree - (your....) god's will be done!

Yah, like you guys in the red coats got your asses kicked outta here!!
God's will was done ya'all! :-D

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
www.ufaq.org

Re: Firefox is on its way out

Irwin Greenwald-4
On 4/25/2009 9:10 PM, user wrote:

>>> Well, I thought you may be going in a certain direction with that
>>> comment but I said, nah, he wouldn't do that .. did you? So just what IS
>>> your point with that comment? I am a Vietnam Vet that fought for our
>>> country, USA. Now tell us, just where were you going Irwin?
>>>
>>> Xavier
>>
>> You're not that obtuse: it explains your attitude.  I am a WWII vet who
>> fought for our country!  What has that go to do with the discussion?
>
> What it has to do with the discussion is where I thought you MAY have
> been going, happy you didn't. So what exactly was your point, second
> request. Hurry, I won't be back for a while, duty calls.
>
> Xavier

'Bye.

Re: Firefox is on its way out

Jay Garcia
On 26.04.2009 16:09, Irwin Greenwald wrote:

>>> You're not that obtuse: it explains your attitude.  I am a WWII vet who
>>> fought for our country!  What has that go to do with the discussion?
>>
>> What it has to do with the discussion is where I thought you MAY have
>> been going, happy you didn't. So what exactly was your point, second
>> request. Hurry, I won't be back for a while, duty calls.
>>
>> Xavier
>
> 'Bye.

Unfortunately I think I got your point and I think so did Xavier. Ethnic
racial overtone if I ever saw one, unless of course you'd like to explain.

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
www.ufaq.org
Netscape - Flock - Firefox - Thunderbird - Seamonkey Support

Re: Firefox is on its way out

»Q«
In <news:[hidden email]>,
Jay Garcia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Unfortunately I think I got your point and I think so did Xavier.

It's like a freakin' Country Bear Jambaroo around here!

--
»Q«                                                              /"\
                                      ASCII Ribbon Campaign      \ /

Re: Firefox is on its way out

Jay Garcia
On 26.04.2009 20:52, »Q« wrote:

>> Unfortunately I think I got your point and I think so did Xavier.
>
> It's like a freakin' Country Bear Jambaroo around here!

More like a three-ring circus all filled with clowns.

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
www.ufaq.org
Netscape - Flock - Firefox - Thunderbird - Seamonkey Support

Re: Firefox is on its way out

»Q«
In <news:[hidden email]>,
Jay Garcia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 26.04.2009 20:52, »Q« wrote:
>
> > In <news:[hidden email]>,
> > Jay Garcia <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Unfortunately I think I got your point and I think so did Xavier.
> >
> > It's like a freakin' Country Bear Jambaroo around here!
>
> More like a three-ring circus all filled with clowns.

One clown is much like another.

--
                                      ASCII Ribbon Campaign      \ /

Re: Firefox is on its way out

Jay Garcia
On 26.04.2009 21:42, »Q« wrote:

>> > It's like a freakin' Country Bear Jambaroo around here!
>>
>> More like a three-ring circus all filled with clowns.
>
> One clown is much like another.

Your point?