Re: Firefox Warp 4 success

os24u
** Reply to note from [hidden email] Fri, 15 Mar 2013 12:00:05 -0700

> Message: 2 Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 16:14:04 -0700 From: Steve Wendt

> Why not the latest 10.0.x?

 Want java 1.4 plugin to function.

> You should install libc065. The only thing libc06b4 is good for is  Innotek's

 Added 6.5, no difference

> I doubt anyone has tested with the Matrox drivers in a very long time.  If you have
> EnDIVE enabled, try turning that off. Is there a reason you  don't want to use SNAP
> Graphics?

 Use Kensington Thinking mouse 4 button programmable with GUI that requires original
driver. Snap always trapped and responses from lists indicated was know bug. Tried
Snap 3.1.8 and it works.

 Matrox drivers did prevent any FF install greater than 2.0.?

> Actually Matrix video driver is broken on many versions of Firefox  (though I'd
> guess that it would work on 3.5.x, don't remember) due to  using 24 bit graphics
> instead of 32 bit. Rich added a workaround which  is present in all versions after
> FF4. Note that 10.0.x needs a SSE capable processor. Dave

 3.5.x did not coexist with Matrox driver.

 Side benefit is Lucide up to 1.3.3 also functions now. Kensington bug must have been
fixed at some point.

        Cal

Re: Firefox Warp 4 success

Dave Yeo-3
[hidden email] wrote:
>   Matrox drivers did prevent any FF install greater than 2.0.?

Yes, Cairo, which FF started using for drawing around 3.5 couldn't
handle Matrox 24 bit colour support (bug in the OS/2 implementation).
IIRC a workaround was to use 16 bit colour.
Dave