Re: Firefox Tiles

Rimas Kudelis
Hi Matjaž,

is there any way to see the tiles in action before they get into
production? IOW, I want to test my localization. :)

Rimas

2014.09.05 21:35, Matjaz Horvat wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As many of you already know, tiles are coming to Firefox. What are
> they? Firefox typically fills a new tab with tiles of your
> most-visited websites. Starting with Firefox 33, you'll see something
> else in there, too - Mozilla content. Which is localizable.
>
> The initial batch of tiles looks like this (sorry for low res images):
> http://horv.at/tiles/
>
> Size: 21 short strings.
> Or less, because Pascal kindly prepopulated them, leaving many locales
> with only 8 strings to go.
>
> Deadline: September 21.
> We'll do our best to also take late arrivals for the Firefox 33 release.
>
> SVN:
> http://svn.mozilla.org/projects/l10n-misc/trunk/firefoxtiles
>
> Pontoon:
> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/project/firefox-tiles/
>
> Web Dashboard:
> http://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webdashboard/
>
> We are targeting all Firefox Desktop localizations. The priority list
> is as follows:
> bn-IN
> de
> es-CL
> es-ES
> es-MX
> fr
> ga-IE
> gu-IN
> hi-IN
> hu
> ja
> pa-IN
> pl
> pt-BR
> ru
>
> If you have any questions, I'm happy to help.
>
> -Matjaž

Re: Firefox Tiles

Matjaz Horvat
Hi Rimas,

Yes, I'll send them over as soon as the graphics are generated.

Thanks to everyone who contributed localizations, we have 30 locales covered.

I'd also like to use this opportunity to remind everyone that deadline
is in 6 days. The following priority locales are not localized yet:
bn-IN
es-MX
gu-IN
hi-IN
hu
pa-IN
pl
pt-BR

-Matjaž

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 9:14 PM, Rimas Kudelis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Matjaž,
>
> is there any way to see the tiles in action before they get into
> production? IOW, I want to test my localization. :)
>
> Rimas
>
> 2014.09.05 21:35, Matjaz Horvat wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As many of you already know, tiles are coming to Firefox. What are
>> they? Firefox typically fills a new tab with tiles of your
>> most-visited websites. Starting with Firefox 33, you'll see something
>> else in there, too - Mozilla content. Which is localizable.
>>
>> The initial batch of tiles looks like this (sorry for low res images):
>> http://horv.at/tiles/
>>
>> Size: 21 short strings.
>> Or less, because Pascal kindly prepopulated them, leaving many locales
>> with only 8 strings to go.
>>
>> Deadline: September 21.
>> We'll do our best to also take late arrivals for the Firefox 33 release.
>>
>> SVN:
>> http://svn.mozilla.org/projects/l10n-misc/trunk/firefoxtiles
>>
>> Pontoon:
>> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/project/firefox-tiles/
>>
>> Web Dashboard:
>> http://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webdashboard/
>>
>> We are targeting all Firefox Desktop localizations. The priority list
>> is as follows:
>> bn-IN
>> de
>> es-CL
>> es-ES
>> es-MX
>> fr
>> ga-IE
>> gu-IN
>> hi-IN
>> hu
>> ja
>> pa-IN
>> pl
>> pt-BR
>> ru
>>
>> If you have any questions, I'm happy to help.
>>
>> -Matjaž

Re: Firefox Tiles

reader-5
Hi Rimas,

Any update about l10n test and graphics of tiles?

On 2014/09/15 18:36, Matjaz Horvat wrote:

> Hi Rimas,
>
> Yes, I'll send them over as soon as the graphics are generated.
>
> Thanks to everyone who contributed localizations, we have 30 locales covered.
>
> I'd also like to use this opportunity to remind everyone that deadline
> is in 6 days. The following priority locales are not localized yet:
> bn-IN
> es-MX
> gu-IN
> hi-IN
> hu
> pa-IN
> pl
> pt-BR
>
> -Matjaž
>
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 9:14 PM, Rimas Kudelis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Matjaž,
>>
>> is there any way to see the tiles in action before they get into
>> production? IOW, I want to test my localization. :)
>>
>> Rimas
>>
>> 2014.09.05 21:35, Matjaz Horvat wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> As many of you already know, tiles are coming to Firefox. What are
>>> they? Firefox typically fills a new tab with tiles of your
>>> most-visited websites. Starting with Firefox 33, you'll see something
>>> else in there, too - Mozilla content. Which is localizable.
>>>
>>> The initial batch of tiles looks like this (sorry for low res images):
>>> http://horv.at/tiles/
>>>
>>> Size: 21 short strings.
>>> Or less, because Pascal kindly prepopulated them, leaving many locales
>>> with only 8 strings to go.
>>>
>>> Deadline: September 21.
>>> We'll do our best to also take late arrivals for the Firefox 33 release.
>>>
>>> SVN:
>>> http://svn.mozilla.org/projects/l10n-misc/trunk/firefoxtiles
>>>
>>> Pontoon:
>>> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/project/firefox-tiles/
>>>
>>> Web Dashboard:
>>> http://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webdashboard/
>>>
>>> We are targeting all Firefox Desktop localizations. The priority list
>>> is as follows:
>>> bn-IN
>>> de
>>> es-CL
>>> es-ES
>>> es-MX
>>> fr
>>> ga-IE
>>> gu-IN
>>> hi-IN
>>> hu
>>> ja
>>> pa-IN
>>> pl
>>> pt-BR
>>> ru
>>>
>>> If you have any questions, I'm happy to help.
>>>
>>> -Matjaž

Re: Firefox Tiles

Matjaz Horvat
Sean wrote this yesterday:

> In Purchase Order Hell with the company working on the translated tile graphics. Will DEFINITELY share them when done. We are scheduling to go live in some markets for Nov 9/10.

So no graphics yet. But it looks like we still have one month to go.
We have 39 locales complete, which is 88.55% of our l10n user base.
Still enough time for others to catch up.

-Matjaž

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 7:51 AM, dynamis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Rimas,
>
> Any update about l10n test and graphics of tiles?
>

> On 2014/09/15 18:36, Matjaz Horvat wrote:
>>
>> Hi Rimas,
>>
>> Yes, I'll send them over as soon as the graphics are generated.
>>
>> Thanks to everyone who contributed localizations, we have 30 locales
>> covered.
>>
>> I'd also like to use this opportunity to remind everyone that deadline
>> is in 6 days. The following priority locales are not localized yet:
>> bn-IN
>> es-MX
>> gu-IN
>> hi-IN
>> hu
>> pa-IN
>> pl
>> pt-BR
>>
>> -Matjaž
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 9:14 PM, Rimas Kudelis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Matjaž,
>>>
>>> is there any way to see the tiles in action before they get into
>>> production? IOW, I want to test my localization. :)
>>>
>>> Rimas

Re: Firefox Tiles

Matjaz Horvat
Finally, graphics are available:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d11rro0g7mupg2p/AACnitMU4hteAm4kSsDnjtJ7a?dl=0#/

Only for de, es-ES, fr, ja, pl, pt-BR and ru, which are shipping on
Nov 10. Other locales will follow on Nov 25.

Please review and report any changes here and commit to SVN.

-Matjaž

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 12:18 PM, Matjaz Horvat <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sean wrote this yesterday:
>
>> In Purchase Order Hell with the company working on the translated tile graphics. Will DEFINITELY share them when done. We are scheduling to go live in some markets for Nov 9/10.
>
> So no graphics yet. But it looks like we still have one month to go.
> We have 39 locales complete, which is 88.55% of our l10n user base.
> Still enough time for others to catch up.
>
> -Matjaž
>
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 7:51 AM, dynamis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Rimas,
>>
>> Any update about l10n test and graphics of tiles?
>>

>> On 2014/09/15 18:36, Matjaz Horvat wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Rimas,
>>>
>>> Yes, I'll send them over as soon as the graphics are generated.
>>>
>>> Thanks to everyone who contributed localizations, we have 30 locales
>>> covered.
>>>
>>> I'd also like to use this opportunity to remind everyone that deadline
>>> is in 6 days. The following priority locales are not localized yet:
>>> bn-IN
>>> es-MX
>>> gu-IN
>>> hi-IN
>>> hu
>>> pa-IN
>>> pl
>>> pt-BR
>>>
>>> -Matjaž

Re: Firefox Tiles

Jordi Serratosa
Just a comment: they are all missing the final period after 'Get involved.'
Is that intended or desirable?

salut,
jordi s
El dia 29/10/2014 14.28, "Matjaz Horvat" <[hidden email]> va
escriure:

> Finally, graphics are available:
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d11rro0g7mupg2p/AACnitMU4hteAm4kSsDnjtJ7a?dl=0#/
>
> Only for de, es-ES, fr, ja, pl, pt-BR and ru, which are shipping on
> Nov 10. Other locales will follow on Nov 25.
>
> Please review and report any changes here and commit to SVN.
>
> -Matjaž
>
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 12:18 PM, Matjaz Horvat <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Sean wrote this yesterday:
> >
> >> In Purchase Order Hell with the company working on the translated tile
> graphics. Will DEFINITELY share them when done. We are scheduling to go
> live in some markets for Nov 9/10.
> >
> > So no graphics yet. But it looks like we still have one month to go.
> > We have 39 locales complete, which is 88.55% of our l10n user base.
> > Still enough time for others to catch up.
> >
> > -Matjaž
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 7:51 AM, dynamis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi Rimas,
> >>
> >> Any update about l10n test and graphics of tiles?

> images):

> locales

> release.

Re: Firefox Tiles

Matjaz Horvat
That's sadly a mistake.

There is a period in the original tile. But it's not present in the
original copy in the spreadsheet, which was used when generating
source files. We cannot just add a period to the original string and
all translations automatically, because that wouldn't work for all
locales.

I'm afraid it takes too much effort (for localizers and designers) to
make changes at this stage.

-Matjaž