Re: Firefox 17 connect

os24u
** Reply to note from [hidden email] Sun, 01 Sep 2019 12:00:02 +0000

> Message: 1 Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2019 09:47:52 +0200 From: Christer Jacobsson <[hidden email]> To:
> [hidden email] Subject: Can't access certain sites! Message-ID:
> <[hidden email]> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
>
> As Salaam Aleikum!
>
> She's using FF 17.0.1ESR with the password option but can't access  certain sites like www.ginza.se and www.cdon.se -
> the browser throws up  a page that says that it can't connect securely to the site. So what's  up here?
>
> Another thing thats bothering Her that certain site like  trac.netlabs.org is that it takes an endless amount of time to
> connect  to the site - in the lower pane it just sais "waiting for  trac.netlabs.org" - She have waiting up to five minutes
> but the page  don't load. Why?

 Firefox 17 security protocol is TLS 1.0, sites that require TLS 1.1 or 1.2 display that message.  Firefox 31 has those
protocols built in it.  Easier to get installed than 45. Alternatively use Glinks browser, it has current security protocols.

        Cal

Re: Firefox 17 connect

Christer Jacobsson
[hidden email] wrote:
> ** Reply to note from [hidden email] Sun, 01 Sep 2019 12:00:02 +0000

Aw Salaam Aleikum!

>> Message: 1 Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2019 09:47:52 +0200 From: Christer Jacobsson <[hidden email]> To:
>> [hidden email] Subject: Can't access certain sites! Message-ID:
>> <[hidden email]> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
>>
>> As Salaam Aleikum!
>>
>> She's using FF 17.0.1ESR with the password option but can't access  certain sites like www.ginza.se and www.cdon.se -
>> the browser throws up  a page that says that it can't connect securely to the site. So what's  up here?
>>
>> Another thing thats bothering Her that certain site like  trac.netlabs.org is that it takes an endless amount of time to
>> connect  to the site - in the lower pane it just sais "waiting for  trac.netlabs.org" - She have waiting up to five minutes
>> but the page  don't load. Why?
>
>  Firefox 17 security protocol is TLS 1.0, sites that require TLS 1.1 or 1.2 display that message.  Firefox 31 has those
> protocols built in it.  Easier to get installed than 45. Alternatively use Glinks browser, it has current security protocols.

What's the URL for getting this animal, i.e. FF31? And what more
software does She need to install it? As I'm running WSeB, She thinks
that the gcccore(sp?) is installed, but can She get info which build it
is? The last package that was downloaded is GCC-3.3.5-csd6.zip, but is
there a newwer version out there? Perhaps the Warpzilla can get info on
this as well on freetype, exceptq and other stuff that's needed for
getting FF31 working? And can it use the old profile data that FF
17.0.1ESR uses or must it be converted? In the README.OS2 for FF45 there
  was some dire warnings about compatability with the old .sql files
that FF 10.0.2 and 17.0.1ESR uses. Best would be if FF31 is compatible
with the current .sql files, then it would only be to install,
eventually upgrading GCC and freetyp and then kick it off with a .cmd
file. She's not acquainted with the Run! program, so She uses .cmd files
instead for launcing the various FF versions.

Cul8er alligator!
gaea - feminist & chunkawakan
--
/GAIA (Insulin User - 23th Anniversary :-)  Ex-wife deceased :-(
        Team OS/2      e-mail:  [hidden email] (Primary)