Re: FF58 Status bar missing (Mac)

tanstaafl-2
On 1/26/2018, 4:38:36 PM, Caver1 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 01/26/2018 02:37 PM, Ormail wrote:
>> And if I want the Status bar to be visible always regardless, how do I get
>> that configured?
>> Is there an about:config option to set?

> userChrome.css
>
> #browser-bottombox { height: 20px; border-top: solid 1px #505050; }
> .browserContainer>statuspanel { left: 4px !important; bottom: 0px;
> transition-duration: 0s !important; transition-delay: 0s !important; }
> .browserContainer>statuspanel>.statuspanel-inner>.statuspanel-label {
> margin-left: 0px !important; border: none !important; padding: 0px
> !important; }
>
> window[inFullscreen="true"] #browser-bottombox { display:none !important; }
> window[inFullscreen="true"]
> ..browserContainer>statuspanel[type="overLink"] .statuspanel-label {
> display:none !important; }
>
> The only problem I found with this is that it is always visible but not
> usable as far as putting extension buttons on it. You will see URLs
> while you are hovering over a link.
> So I see no need for this. I haven't found anything better.

Hmmm... so, two questions...

Is it possible to set it so that it only pops up when the mouse moves
(ie, so it hides itself after a few seconds of inactivity, then pops up
when the mouse moves)?

And related - I wonder how FoxClocks Addon is doing it?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/foxclocks/

I have it installed now in FF 58, and the Statusbar is always up, and
the FoxClocks stuff is displayed inside it, so it must be possible
somehow? I would love a way to set it to autohide when there is no
activity, because it hides the very bottom portion of the window,
sometimes obscuring buttons at the bottom.

I'll also go ask the FoxClocks dev about this...

Re: FF58 Status bar missing (Mac)

caver1-5
On 01/29/2018 10:59 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:

> On 1/26/2018, 4:38:36 PM, Caver1 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 01/26/2018 02:37 PM, Ormail wrote:
>>> And if I want the Status bar to be visible always regardless, how do I get
>>> that configured?
>>> Is there an about:config option to set?
>
>> userChrome.css
>>
>> #browser-bottombox { height: 20px; border-top: solid 1px #505050; }
>> .browserContainer>statuspanel { left: 4px !important; bottom: 0px;
>> transition-duration: 0s !important; transition-delay: 0s !important; }
>> .browserContainer>statuspanel>.statuspanel-inner>.statuspanel-label {
>> margin-left: 0px !important; border: none !important; padding: 0px
>> !important; }
>>
>> window[inFullscreen="true"] #browser-bottombox { display:none !important; }
>> window[inFullscreen="true"]
>> ..browserContainer>statuspanel[type="overLink"] .statuspanel-label {
>> display:none !important; }
>>
>> The only problem I found with this is that it is always visible but not
>> usable as far as putting extension buttons on it. You will see URLs
>> while you are hovering over a link.
>> So I see no need for this. I haven't found anything better.
>
> Hmmm... so, two questions...
>
> Is it possible to set it so that it only pops up when the mouse moves
> (ie, so it hides itself after a few seconds of inactivity, then pops up
> when the mouse moves)?
>
> And related - I wonder how FoxClocks Addon is doing it?
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/foxclocks/
>
> I have it installed now in FF 58, and the Statusbar is always up, and
> the FoxClocks stuff is displayed inside it, so it must be possible
> somehow? I would love a way to set it to autohide when there is no
> activity, because it hides the very bottom portion of the window,
> sometimes obscuring buttons at the bottom.
>
> I'll also go ask the FoxClocks dev about this...

I just tried FoxClocks in FF57 Ubuntu16.04 and the only time I could get
the status bar to show is when I had FoxClocks options open. as soon as
I closed options then the status bar disappeared.

--
Caver1

Re: FF58 Status bar missing (Mac)

tanstaafl-2
On Mon Jan 29 2018 12:12:51 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Caver1
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I just tried FoxClocks in FF57 Ubuntu16.04 and the only time I could get
> the status bar to show is when I had FoxClocks options open. as soon as
> I closed options then the status bar disappeared.

Is the Statesbar enabled?

Addons > Foxclocks Options > Tools: Statusbar Enabled checked

Or... maybe this only works on Windows?

On 01/29/2018 02:40 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:

> On Mon Jan 29 2018 12:12:51 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Caver1
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I just tried FoxClocks in FF57 Ubuntu16.04 and the only time I could get
>> the status bar to show is when I had FoxClocks options open. as soon as
>> I closed options then the status bar disappeared.
>
> Is the Statesbar enabled?
>
> Addons > Foxclocks Options > Tools: Statusbar Enabled checked
>
> Or... maybe this only works on Windows?

Yes it's enabled.  Don't really care just tried it to see what
FoxClock's use of the status bar entailed.

--
Caver1

Re: FF58 Status bar missing (Mac)

Disaster Master
On Mon Jan 29 2018 15:03:07 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Caver1
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 01/29/2018 02:40 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:
>> On Mon Jan 29 2018 12:12:51 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Caver1
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I just tried FoxClocks in FF57 Ubuntu16.04 and the only time I could get
>>> the status bar to show is when I had FoxClocks options open. as soon as
>>> I closed options then the status bar disappeared.
>>
>> Is the Statesbar enabled?
>>
>> Addons > Foxclocks Options > Tools: Statusbar Enabled checked
>>
>> Or... maybe this only works on Windows?
>>

> Yes it's enabled.  Don't really care just tried it to see what
> FoxClock's use of the status bar entailed.

The only other options I have set are:

Bottom
Right
No Transform

If you also have those, then I guess it is a Windows only thing...

On 01/29/2018 03:23 PM, Disaster Master wrote:

> On Mon Jan 29 2018 15:03:07 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Caver1
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 01/29/2018 02:40 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:
>>>
>>> Is the Statesbar enabled?
>>>
>>> Addons > Foxclocks Options > Tools: Statusbar Enabled checked
>>>
>>> Or... maybe this only works on Windows?
>>>

>> Yes it's enabled.  Don't really care just tried it to see what
>> FoxClock's use of the status bar entailed.
>
> The only other options I have set are:
>
> Bottom
> Right
> No Transform
>
> If you also have those, then I guess it is a Windows only thing...

I tried both No Transform and Transform. No Change.

--
Caver1

Re: FF58 Status bar missing (Mac)

tanstaafl-2
On Mon Jan 29 2018 15:36:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Caver1
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I tried both No Transform and Transform. No Change.

I'll ask about this too...

On 01/29/2018 03:56 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:
> On Mon Jan 29 2018 15:36:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Caver1
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I tried both No Transform and Transform. No Change.
>
> I'll ask about this too...

I just found this .css that gives a working status bar. But you do loose
your bookmarks toolbar.

#PersonalToolbar
{
    position: fixed;
    bottom: -3px;
    width: 100%;
    background: #F9F9FA !important;
    margin-bottom: -3px;
height: 26px !important;
border-top: 1px solid #ECE7E4 !important;
}

#content-deck { margin-bottom: 1em; }

.browserContainer>.browserStack>browser{
      margin-bottom: 5px;
      margin-top:-2px;
}

:root {
     --statuspanel-height: 20px;
}

:root:not([inDOMFullscreen]) statuspanel {
     bottom: -2px !important;
     opacity: 1 !important;
     width: 60vw !important;
}

:root:not([inDOMFullscreen]) statuspanel[inactive] .statuspanel-label {
     color: transparent !important;

}

statuspanel[inactive]
.statuspanel-inner::before{bottom:2px;padding-left:5px;position:

fixed;content:"Done";

Caver1

On 01/30/2018 02:44 PM, Caver1 wrote:

> On 01/29/2018 03:56 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:
>> On Mon Jan 29 2018 15:36:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Caver1
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I tried both No Transform and Transform. No Change.
>>
>> I'll ask about this too...
>>

> I just found this .css that gives a working status bar. But you do loose
> your bookmarks toolbar.
>
> #PersonalToolbar
> {
>      position: fixed;
>      bottom: -3px;
>      width: 100%;
>      background: #F9F9FA !important;
>      margin-bottom: -3px;
> height: 26px !important;
> border-top: 1px solid #ECE7E4 !important;
> }
>
> #content-deck { margin-bottom: 1em; }
>
> .browserContainer>.browserStack>browser{
>        margin-bottom: 5px;
>        margin-top:-2px;
> }
>
> :root {
>       --statuspanel-height: 20px;
> }
>
> :root:not([inDOMFullscreen]) statuspanel {
>       bottom: -2px !important;
>       opacity: 1 !important;
>       width: 60vw !important;
> }
>
> :root:not([inDOMFullscreen]) statuspanel[inactive] .statuspanel-label {
>       color: transparent !important;
>
> }
>
> statuspanel[inactive]
> .statuspanel-inner::before{bottom:2px;padding-left:5px;position:
>
> fixed;content:"Done";
> }

Okay if you want your bookmarks bar and a workable status bar, both on
bottom;

#PersonalToolbar
{
    position: fixed;
    bottom: -2px;
    width: 100%;
margin-bottom: -2px;

}

#content-deck { margin-bottom: 1em; }

statuspanel {
     margin-top:-21px !important;
     position: fixed;
}

.browserContainer>.browserStack>browser{
      margin-bottom: 7px;

Caver1

On 01/30/2018 02:53 PM, Caver1 wrote:

> On 01/30/2018 02:44 PM, Caver1 wrote:
>> On 01/29/2018 03:56 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:
>>>
>>> I'll ask about this too...
>>>

>> I just found this .css that gives a working status bar. But you do loose
>> your bookmarks toolbar.
>>
>> #PersonalToolbar
>> {
>>       position: fixed;
>>       bottom: -3px;
>>       width: 100%;
>>       background: #F9F9FA !important;
>>       margin-bottom: -3px;
>> height: 26px !important;
>> border-top: 1px solid #ECE7E4 !important;
>> }
>>
>> #content-deck { margin-bottom: 1em; }
>>
>> .browserContainer>.browserStack>browser{
>>         margin-bottom: 5px;
>>         margin-top:-2px;
>> }
>>
>> :root {
>>        --statuspanel-height: 20px;
>> }
>>
>> :root:not([inDOMFullscreen]) statuspanel {
>>        bottom: -2px !important;
>>        opacity: 1 !important;
>>        width: 60vw !important;
>> }
>>
>> :root:not([inDOMFullscreen]) statuspanel[inactive] .statuspanel-label {
>>        color: transparent !important;
>>
>> }
>>
>> statuspanel[inactive]
>> .statuspanel-inner::before{bottom:2px;padding-left:5px;position:
>>
>> fixed;content:"Done";
>> }
>>

> Okay if you want your bookmarks bar and a workable status bar, both on
> bottom;
>
> #PersonalToolbar
> {
>      position: fixed;
>      bottom: -2px;
>      width: 100%;
> margin-bottom: -2px;
>
> }
>
> #content-deck { margin-bottom: 1em; }
>
> statuspanel {
>       margin-top:-21px !important;
>       position: fixed;
> }
>
> .browserContainer>.browserStack>browser{
>        margin-bottom: 7px;
> }

This leaves the it with a white text with a gray shading for the bookmarks.
This can be hard to read.
Does anyone know how to change the bookmarks toolbar text color in this
code?

--
Caver1