Re: FF not responding

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FF not responding

GérardJan
Sogn Mill-Scout wrote:

> I neglected to mention, in my previous message (below), that often Firefox's
> consumption of memory rises to near 100%, and disk usage often reaches 100%,
> which slows everything to a standstill. I don't know if these problems are
> related to FF.
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> Greetings. Increasingly often I'm getting slow performance, accompanied by the
> message "Firefox not responding." And this is persisting after the latest
> upgrade to 52.0.1. I've googled up some ostensible solutions, but most of them
> suggest renaming the places.sqlite file to places.sqlite.OLD. My concern is that
> doing so might wipe out all the many bookmarks I have on the Bookmarks Toolbar.
> That would be catastrophic. I'm not actually sure what that file does, but I
> have the impression is that it stores all the bookmarks data. The tutorials I've
> seen don't explain HOW renaming that file accomplishes the objective.
>
> 1. Is that in fact the best way to fix this problem?
> 2. Would renaming that file wipe out my bookmarks data?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sogn Mill-Scout

sincerely,

--
GérardJan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff
http://www.ciudadpatricia.es
https://facebook.com/gerardjan.vinkesteijn

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
SeaMonkey/2.49a2
Build identifier: 20161122013001

Kaylee (to Simon): "Are you okay?"

Mal: "Is HE okay?"

Simon (rushing to River, who is seemingly unfazed): "River?"

River: "I swallowed a bug."
                                --"Serenity"
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FF not responding

GérardJan
GérardJan wrote:

> Sogn Mill-Scout wrote:
>> I neglected to mention, in my previous message (below), that often Firefox's
>> consumption of memory rises to near 100%, and disk usage often reaches 100%,
>> which slows everything to a standstill. I don't know if these problems are
>> related to FF.
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>>
>> Greetings. Increasingly often I'm getting slow performance, accompanied by the
>> message "Firefox not responding." And this is persisting after the latest
>> upgrade to 52.0.1. I've googled up some ostensible solutions, but most of them
>> suggest renaming the places.sqlite file to places.sqlite.OLD. My concern is that
>> doing so might wipe out all the many bookmarks I have on the Bookmarks Toolbar.
>> That would be catastrophic. I'm not actually sure what that file does, but I
>> have the impression is that it stores all the bookmarks data. The tutorials I've
>> seen don't explain HOW renaming that file accomplishes the objective.
>>
>> 1. Is that in fact the best way to fix this problem?
+1
>> 2. Would renaming that file wipe out my bookmarks data?
+1

I forgot tot tell you that i am not sing /firefox/ but i am only using
*seamonkey*. Is that the same ?

>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Sogn Mill-Scout
>
sincerely,


--
GérardJan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff
http://www.ciudadpatricia.es
https://facebook.com/gerardjan.vinkesteijn

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
SeaMonkey/2.49a2
Build identifier: 20161122013001

I never met a man I didn't want to fight.
                -- Lyle Alzado, professional football lineman

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FF not responding

Wolf K.
On 2017-07-29 14:57, GérardJan wrote:
[...]
> I forgot tot tell you that i am not using /firefox/ but i am only using
> *seamonkey*. Is that the same ?
[...]

No, there are subtle differences. You have perhaps run into those.

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com
"Wanted. Schrödinger’s Cat. Dead and Alive."
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FF not responding

GérardJan
Wolf K wrote:
> On 2017-07-29 14:57, GérardJan wrote:
> [...]
>> I forgot tot tell you that i am not using /firefox/ but i am only using
>> *seamonkey*. Is that the same ?
> [...]
>
> No, there are subtle differences. You have perhaps run into those.
>

Thank you, Wolf, to do s/sing/using, very nice of you !!!

--
GérardJan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff
http://www.ciudadpatricia.es
https://facebook.com/gerardjan.vinkesteijn

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
SeaMonkey/2.49a2
Build identifier: 20161122013001

I never met a man I didn't want to fight.
                -- Lyle Alzado, professional football lineman

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general