Re: Error while SMTP setup

abduazizjama
On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 7:42:42 PM UTC+3, Merlin Timm wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I installed myself the latest version of Bugzilla (5.0.2) and just
> trying to set up the SMTP, but unfortunately I get the following error
> when I want to confirm the information contained within:
>
> "Software error:
>
> Can not locate object method "quit" via package "Net :: SMTP :: SSL" at
> Bugzilla / config / Common.pm line 370
>
> For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster @ localhost),
> giving this error message and the time and date of the error."
>
> Maybe one of you can help me. Thank you!
>
> greeting
> Merlin

> Merlin Timm
> IT/EDV
>
> Scienlab electronic systems GmbH
> Lise-Meitner-Allee 27 — 44801 Bochum — Germany
> phone +49 (0)234 41 75 78 -187
> fax +49 (0)234 41 75 78 -10
> web www.scienlab.de
> Kennen Sie schon unseren neuen Webauftritt?
> www.scienlab.de
> Amtsgericht Bochum 14 HRB 7272
> Geschäftsführer:
> Dr.-Ing. Christoph Dörlemann, Dr.-Ing. Peter Muß,
> Dr.-Ing. Michael Schugt, Dr.-Ing. Roger Uhlenbrock

I am facing the following issue:

Software error:

Can't locate object method "message" via package "To use SSL please install IO::Socket::SSL with version>=2.007 at lib/Net/SMTP.pm line 68.
" (perhaps you forgot to load "To use SSL please install IO::Socket::SSL with version>=2.007 at lib/Net/SMTP.pm line 68.
"?) at Bugzilla/Mailer.pm line 179.

Please assist me. I am stuck for about 2 weeks tried everything and cannot solve.

Kind regards,

Re: Error while SMTP setup

praful Tajane
It's seems to be missing perl dependency for ssl. You can install ssl from
cpan.
Google it for " how to configure Gmail for bugzilla email notifications'
surely you can get ans in first 3 links.