Re: Embedding program crashes with JS45.

Re: Embedding program crashes with JS45.

eakhgari
On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 1:11:34 PM UTC-4, Kent Williams wrote:

> Source Code here: http://pastebin.com/xR7kkBu3
> Stack Backtrace here: http://pastebin.com/hjVkSCEd
>
> The test program is the program from the JSAPI User Guide page, only
> modified slightly so that it will compile.
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Projects/SpiderMonkey/JSAPI_User_Guide
>
> It's a weird one, The last sensible place in the source is in
> jsscript.h, in ScriptBytecodeHasher::hash.
>
> It calls mozilla::HashBytes, which segfaults at address 0.

Seems like this crash can be reproduced on Trunk.  You can reproduce this using SpiderNode on Linux only (the same code works fine on OSX.)

I would appreciate if someone can help us understand why this is happening.  It's very likely that the code creating the context (which crashes) <https://github.com/mozilla/spidernode/blob/master/deps/spidershim/src/v8context.cc#L41> or the runtime <https://github.com/mozilla/spidernode/blob/master/deps/spidershim/src/v8isolate.cc#L48> contains a mistake...

Thanks!

Re: Embedding program crashes with JS45.

Jan de Mooij-3
On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 6:40 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote

> I would appreciate if someone can help us understand why this is
> happening.

Did you see Kent's follow up messages to the list? It's related to mozglue
build stuff, see also bug 1176787.

Jan

Re: Embedding program crashes with JS45.

Ehsan Akhgari
On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 4:19 AM, Jan de Mooij <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 6:40 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote
>
> I would appreciate if someone can help us understand why this is
>> happening.
>

> Did you see Kent's follow up messages to the list? It's related to mozglue
> build stuff, see also bug 1176787.

That follow-up was somehow deleted, but it seems like the patch in the bug
fixes this.  I applied that and expect to close <
https://github.com/mozilla/spidernode/issues/8> soon based on that.  Thanks!

--
Ehsan