Re: ES6 module syntax – done?

Kyle Simpson
Just for posterity sake, since I got tripped up here…

`import .. from this module` did not make it into ES6. It may come in later, in that form or some other.

Re: ES6 module syntax – done?

James Kyle

> There was then discussion of how to get module metadata, with Dave's initial proposal per his slides being this (as Juan shows). However, we eventually arrived at the idea of
import { name, url } from this module;

Would it make more sense to add additional meta properties in ES7 for import/export metadata?

ie.

```
export.name // name of the current module
export.address // location of the current module
export.metadata // object with metadata generated during the loading lifecycle
export.loader // maybe? reference to the loader that actually loaded this module
```

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 12:53 PM, Kyle Simpson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Just for posterity sake, since I got tripped up here…

`import .. from this module` did not make it into ES6. It may come in later, in that form or some other.

Re: ES6 module syntax – done?

Caridy Patino
that is correct.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 21, 2015, at 3:52 PM, Kyle Simpson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Just for posterity sake, since I got tripped up here…
>
> `import .. from this module` did not make it into ES6. It may come in later, in that form or some other.

Re: ES6 module syntax – done?

Caridy Patino
yes, we just don't know yet, we have to think about it. there is already a good discussion happening about the loader shim we plan to provide, etc. look into the loader repo.

Sent from my iPhone