Re: Does TB have a jrefs.js file (Win7)?

Re: Posting etiquette, [was: TB have a.....]

Andy Civil-2
On 11-10-20 06:28 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> You obviously cared enough to make this comment, "Your signature (name)
> is part of your signature (.sig)." I don't need to tell you that is not
> written in stone anywhere.

Not in stone, but it is in the example on the signatures page at
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Signatures_%28Thunderbird%29 and specified at
the respected site here:
http://mailformat.dan.info/trailers/sigblocks.html

> Regardless, that address still sends to a valid domain, and could
> possibly wind up being someones actual email address some day. It's not
> a mistake, it's the wrong way to munge.
>
> Terry

You're not paying attention, are you. It is 'someone's actual email
address'. It's MINE. I've had it since 9th May 2000. I registered both
the literal, and the interpreted version. You see, I can be eccentric,
too. ;-)

--
Andy

Re: Posting etiquette, [was: TB have a.....]

F1Com
On 10/20/2011 7:36 PM On a whim, Andy Civil pounded out on the keyboard

> On 11-10-20 06:28 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> You obviously cared enough to make this comment, "Your signature (name)
>> is part of your signature (.sig)." I don't need to tell you that is not
>> written in stone anywhere.
>
> Not in stone, but it is in the example on the signatures page at
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Signatures_%28Thunderbird%29 and specified at
> the respected site here:
> http://mailformat.dan.info/trailers/sigblocks.html

Examples are just that, nothing else.  If you can't state specifically
where it states a name MUST be part of a sig file, then it doesn't exist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signature_block
"...is a block of text automatically appended at the bottom of an e-mail
message..."

"Information USUALLY contained in a signature block includes..."  This
does not state MUST.

>> Regardless, that address still sends to a valid domain, and could
>> possibly wind up being someones actual email address some day. It's not
>> a mistake, it's the wrong way to munge.
>>
>> Terry
>
> You're not paying attention, are you. It is 'someone's actual email
> address'. It's MINE. I've had it since 9th May 2000. I registered both
> the literal, and the interpreted version. You see, I can be eccentric,
> too. ;-)

So if I send an email to: [hidden email] , you will
receive it?  What's the point then?

Terry

Re: Posting etiquette, [was: TB have a.....]

Jay Garcia
On 21.10.2011 12:47, [hidden email] wrote:

> On 10/20/2011 7:36 PM On a whim, Andy Civil pounded out on the keyboard
>
>> On 11-10-20 06:28 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>>> You obviously cared enough to make this comment, "Your signature (name)
>>> is part of your signature (.sig)." I don't need to tell you that is not
>>> written in stone anywhere.
>>
>> Not in stone, but it is in the example on the signatures page at
>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Signatures_%28Thunderbird%29 and specified at
>> the respected site here:
>> http://mailformat.dan.info/trailers/sigblocks.html
>>

> Examples are just that, nothing else.  If you can't state specifically
> where it states a name MUST be part of a sig file, then it doesn't exist.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signature_block
> "...is a block of text automatically appended at the bottom of an e-mail
> message..."
>
> "Information USUALLY contained in a signature block includes..."  This
> does not state MUST.
>
>>> Regardless, that address still sends to a valid domain, and could
>>> possibly wind up being someones actual email address some day. It's not
>>> a mistake, it's the wrong way to munge.
>>>
>>> Terry
>>
>> You're not paying attention, are you. It is 'someone's actual email
>> address'. It's MINE. I've had it since 9th May 2000. I registered both
>> the literal, and the interpreted version. You see, I can be eccentric,
>> too. ;-)
>>

> So if I send an email to: [hidden email] , you will
> receive it?  What's the point then?
>

> Terry

<yawn> I'd be more concerned with the end of the world coming again than
this. :-)

--
Jay Garcia
Mozilla Contribute Coordinator Team - www.mozilla.org/contribute/

I already explaine that further up the thread. I said:
> I admit that it was initially funny to see how much I could load up hotmail with spam, but to their credit microsoft are much better at filtering nowadays, and now the joke's over, I just delete them.

Think of it as a "personal message" box for newsgroups :-)

--
Andy

Re: Posting etiquette, [was: TB have a.....]

F1Com
On 10/21/2011 11:46 AM On a whim, Andy Civil pounded out on the keyboard

> On 11-10-21 01:47 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> So if I send an email to: [hidden email] , you will
>> receive it? What's the point then?
>>

> I already explaine that further up the thread. I said:
>> I admit that it was initially funny to see how much I could load up hotmail with spam, but to their credit microsoft are much better at filtering nowadays, and now the joke's over, I just delete them.
>
> Think of it as a "personal message" box for newsgroups :-)

My apologies.  As I said via email, I had never seen anyone use an
address like that and have it actually be real.

Terry