Re: Do not open if certain words offend you!!!!

Re: Do not open if certain words offend you!!!!

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
jetjock wrote:

> t wrote:
>
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo skriver:
>>
>>> Can everyone hear this OK? Was there any problems with the snow and
>>> Christmas clock? How about the song. How was it all.
>>>
>>> Comments and Suggestions for improvement would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thank you. You may return to your regular viewing and posting habits.
>>>
>>> Grant McP
>>
>> The song played well, using Winamp as the default for mp3. I can see
>> the snow flakes, looking great, but there is *no* clock.
>>
>> Sorry to see you've been thrown out of the MMTM.
>>
>> /PM
>>
> Peter,
>
>   NOW I know why were asking for help in MTMM!!  Hilarious post and well
> done also.  Everything, including the clock opened and played just fine
> in Mozilla Suite 1.7.12.  There was a slight hiccough where it hung for
> a few seconds right at the start.  Other than that, great job!

Thank you.

You noticed that hiccough too.  I thought it was me.  I
thought it did it because its trying to download and play at
the same time, and it didn't like that, so it causes that
little gap.

Then again, there might be a problem with the SM/TB
email/news core, cause I sure don't get that hiccough when I
play the song directly within the browser, or when I
download the song and use wimamp, or QT, or some other .mp3
player.  I'd provide a direct link to the song so you can
test it out in your browser, but I don't want to get into
trouble for file-sharing, which might result in me getting
banned from the general group.  So, maybe you can do that on
your own.  Hint: Look at the source.

Maybe one of the experts from the abandoned
mozilla.test.multimedia group can help me with the hiccough
problem some of us are experiencing.

Warning: Private emails to me may become public

Posting of this message may get me banned from the Mozilla
Newsgroups, as its not "contributing to the developement of
the Mozilla Project"

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Re: Do not open if certain words offend you!!!!

jetjock
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

> jetjock wrote:
>
>> t wrote:
>>
>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo skriver:

>>> The song played well, using Winamp as the default for mp3. I can see
>>> the snow flakes, looking great, but there is *no* clock.
>>>
>>> Sorry to see you've been thrown out of the MMTM.
>>>
>>> /PM
>>>
>> Peter,
>>
>>   NOW I know why were asking for help in MTMM!!  Hilarious post and
>> well done also.  Everything, including the clock opened and played
>> just fine in Mozilla Suite 1.7.12.  There was a slight hiccough where
>> it hung for a few seconds right at the start.  Other than that, great
>> job!
>>

> Thank you.
>
> You noticed that hiccough too.  I thought it was me.  I
> thought it did it because its trying to download and play at
> the same time, and it didn't like that, so it causes that
> little gap.
>
> Then again, there might be a problem with the SM/TB
> email/news core, cause I sure don't get that hiccough when I
> play the song directly within the browser, or when I
> download the song and use wimamp, or QT, or some other .mp3
> player.  I'd provide a direct link to the song so you can
> test it out in your browser, but I don't want to get into
> trouble for file-sharing, which might result in me getting
> banned from the general group.  So, maybe you can do that on
> your own.  Hint: Look at the source.
>
> Maybe one of the experts from the abandoned
> mozilla.test.multimedia group can help me with the hiccough
> problem some of us are experiencing.

Why don't you take it to NTMM?  You ain't going to get banned by Jay
unless you say something bad about LSU or 'cajuns!! ;-)
Or are you using a browser that doesn't work there? Lee posted some
instructions in MTMM for switching to NTMM.  If you need a copy of that,
I'll gladly forward it to you.

Re: Do not open if certain words offend you!!!!

Terry R.
On 12/7/2007 1:47 PM On a whim, jetjock pounded out on the keyboard

> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>
>> jetjock wrote:

>>> Peter,
>>>
>>>   NOW I know why were asking for help in MTMM!!  Hilarious post and
>>> well done also.  Everything, including the clock opened and played
>>> just fine in Mozilla Suite 1.7.12.  There was a slight hiccough where
>>> it hung for a few seconds right at the start.  Other than that, great
>>> job!
>>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> You noticed that hiccough too.  I thought it was me.  I
>> thought it did it because its trying to download and play at
>> the same time, and it didn't like that, so it causes that
>> little gap.
>>
>> Then again, there might be a problem with the SM/TB
>> email/news core, cause I sure don't get that hiccough when I
>> play the song directly within the browser, or when I
>> download the song and use wimamp, or QT, or some other .mp3
>> player.  I'd provide a direct link to the song so you can
>> test it out in your browser, but I don't want to get into
>> trouble for file-sharing, which might result in me getting
>> banned from the general group.  So, maybe you can do that on
>> your own.  Hint: Look at the source.
>>
>> Maybe one of the experts from the abandoned
>> mozilla.test.multimedia group can help me with the hiccough
>> problem some of us are experiencing.
>>
> Why don't you take it to NTMM?  You ain't going to get banned by Jay
> unless you say something bad about LSU or 'cajuns!! ;-)
> Or are you using a browser that doesn't work there? Lee posted some
> instructions in MTMM for switching to NTMM.  If you need a copy of that,
> I'll gladly forward it to you.

Sorry, it wasn't Lee that posted the instructions, and he can read the
posts (of course I can't connect to it right now), he just can't submit one.

--
Terry R.

Re: Do not open if certain words offend you!!!!

squaredancer
On 07.12.2007 19:55, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Peter Potamus
the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :

> jetjock wrote:
>
>> t wrote:
>>

>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo skriver:

>>> The song played well, using Winamp as the default for mp3. I can see
>>> the snow flakes, looking great, but there is *no* clock.
>>>
>>> Sorry to see you've been thrown out of the MMTM.
>>>
>>> /PM
>>>

>> Peter,
>>
>>   NOW I know why were asking for help in MTMM!!  Hilarious post and well
>> done also.  Everything, including the clock opened and played just fine
>> in Mozilla Suite 1.7.12.  There was a slight hiccough where it hung for
>> a few seconds right at the start.  Other than that, great job!

<< snipped >>

> Maybe one of the experts from the abandoned
> mozilla.test.multimedia group can help me with the hiccough
> problem some of us are experiencing.

we would VERY MUCH like to help you Peter, but this is NOT a test-group
and you will get us all banned!

reg

Re: Do not open if certain words offend you!!!!

Leonidas Jones-2
Terry R. wrote:

> On 12/7/2007 1:47 PM On a whim, jetjock pounded out on the keyboard
>
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

/snip/

>> Why don't you take it to NTMM?  You ain't going to get banned by Jay
>> unless you say something bad about LSU or 'cajuns!! ;-)  Or are you
>> using a browser that doesn't work there? Lee posted some instructions
>> in MTMM for switching to NTMM.  If you need a copy of that, I'll
>> gladly forward it to you.
>>

> Sorry, it wasn't Lee that posted the instructions, and he can read the
> posts (of course I can't connect to it right now), he just can't submit
> one.

No, it wasn't me.  Since I only lurked in MTMM, to see the possibilities
involved, I never did get around to joining the mailing list, so any
posts I made had to be approved. I meant to join, but never got around
to it.  I will on MGMM.

I like the name, but the abbreviation makes me think of a movie studio.
  Actually, given the work done in the group, maybe thats not such a bad
idea!  ;)

Lee

Leonidas Jones wrote:

> Terry R. wrote:

> /snip/
>>>>
>>> Why don't you take it to NTMM?  You ain't going to get banned by Jay
>>> unless you say something bad about LSU or 'cajuns!! ;-)  Or are you
>>> using a browser that doesn't work there? Lee posted some instructions
>>> in MTMM for switching to NTMM.  If you need a copy of that, I'll
>>> gladly forward it to you.
>>>

>> Sorry, it wasn't Lee that posted the instructions, and he can read the
>> posts (of course I can't connect to it right now), he just can't
>> submit one.
>>

> No, it wasn't me.  Since I only lurked in MTMM, to see the possibilities
> involved, I never did get around to joining the mailing list, so any
> posts I made had to be approved. I meant to join, but never got around
> to it.  I will on MGMM.
>
> I like the name, but the abbreviation makes me think of a movie studio.
>  Actually, given the work done in the group, maybe thats not such a bad
> idea!  ;)
>
> Lee

Upon reflection, I did post a link to directions for Phillip on enabling
SSL 2, which is needed to access any secnews group.  It wasn't in MTMM,
I think it was here in general.

Lee

Re: Do not open if certain words offend you!!!!

squaredancer
On 07.12.2007 22:47, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  jetjock to
generate the following:? :

> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>

>> jetjock wrote:

>>> Peter,
>>>
>>>   NOW I know why were asking for help in MTMM!!  Hilarious post and
>>> well done also.  Everything, including the clock opened and played
>>> just fine in Mozilla Suite 1.7.12.  There was a slight hiccough where
>>> it hung for a few seconds right at the start.  Other than that, great
>>> job!
>>>

>> Thank you.
>>
>> You noticed that hiccough too.  I thought it was me.  I
>> thought it did it because its trying to download and play at
>> the same time, and it didn't like that, so it causes that
>> little gap.
>>
>> Then again, there might be a problem with the SM/TB
>> email/news core, cause I sure don't get that hiccough when I
>> play the song directly within the browser, or when I
>> download the song and use wimamp, or QT, or some other .mp3
>> player.  I'd provide a direct link to the song so you can
>> test it out in your browser, but I don't want to get into
>> trouble for file-sharing, which might result in me getting
>> banned from the general group.  So, maybe you can do that on
>> your own.  Hint: Look at the source.
>>
>> Maybe one of the experts from the abandoned
>> mozilla.test.multimedia group can help me with the hiccough
>> problem some of us are experiencing.
>>

> Why don't you take it to NTMM?  You ain't going to get banned by Jay
> unless you say something bad about LSU or 'cajuns!! ;-)
> Or are you using a browser that doesn't work there? Lee posted some
> instructions in MTMM for switching to NTMM.  If you need a copy of that,
> I'll gladly forward it to you.

it helps on secnews, jetjock if you keep an alligator as a pet!

reg

Leonidas Jones wrote:

> Terry R. wrote:

> /snip/
>

>>> Why don't you take it to NTMM?  You ain't going to get banned by Jay
>>> unless you say something bad about LSU or 'cajuns!! ;-)  Or are you
>>> using a browser that doesn't work there? Lee posted some
>>> instructions in MTMM for switching to NTMM.  If you need a copy of
>>> that, I'll gladly forward it to you.
>>>

>> Sorry, it wasn't Lee that posted the instructions, and he can read
>> the posts (of course I can't connect to it right now), he just can't
>> submit one.
>>

> No, it wasn't me.  Since I only lurked in MTMM, to see the
> possibilities involved, I never did get around to joining the mailing
> list, so any posts I made had to be approved. I meant to join, but
> never got around to it.  I will on MGMM.
>
> I like the name, but the abbreviation makes me think of a movie
> studio.  Actually, given the work done in the group, maybe thats not
> such a bad idea!  ;)
>
> Lee

My mistake.  I didn't look close enough.  I saw it in a _reply_ from you
to a post by Terry R.

Re: Do not open if certain words offend you!!!!

Daniel-24
Leonidas Jones wrote:

> Terry R. wrote:

> /snip/
>>>>
>>> Why don't you take it to NTMM?  You ain't going to get banned by Jay
>>> unless you say something bad about LSU or 'cajuns!! ;-)  Or are you
>>> using a browser that doesn't work there? Lee posted some instructions
>>> in MTMM for switching to NTMM.  If you need a copy of that, I'll
>>> gladly forward it to you.
>>>

>> Sorry, it wasn't Lee that posted the instructions, and he can read the
>> posts (of course I can't connect to it right now), he just can't
>> submit one.
>>

> No, it wasn't me.  Since I only lurked in MTMM, to see the possibilities
> involved, I never did get around to joining the mailing list, so any
> posts I made had to be approved. I meant to join, but never got around
> to it.  I will on MGMM.
>
> I like the name, but the abbreviation makes me think of a movie studio.
>  Actually, given the work done in the group, maybe thats not such a bad
> idea!  ;)
>
> Lee

What?? Lee, you can associate a movie studio (MGM) to MGMM but didn't
associate a TV/Movie production firm to MTMM (i.e. MTM .... Mary Taylor
Moore Productions or whatever)!!

Daniel