Re: Crypto / PSM work for FF 2

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Crypto / PSM work for FF 2

Mike Beltzner
(oops - this didn't get crossposted to dev.planning)

On 7-Apr-06, at 2:35 PM, Mike Beltzner wrote:

> On 7-Apr-06, at 1:57 PM, Kai Engert wrote:
>
>> Disable weak SSL (bug 236933): This is done on both trunk and 1.8  
>> branch. UI has been removed. Weak ciphers and SSL 2 are now  
>> disabled by default.
>
> This piece is represented in the requirements and planning  
> documentation already, and is part of A2. Hurrah!
>
>> OCSP over Proxy (bug 111384): The change finally landed on the  
>> trunk two days ago. So far I am not aware of regressions. Unless  
>> we get problem reports, I would like to propose to check this in  
>> to the 1.8 branch mid next week. The change is isolated to mozilla/
>> security/manager, no changes to Necko have been necessary.  
>> (However, in addition the mailnews code needs a change, available  
>> in bug 329990.)
>
> This piece seems to me to fall into the "platform uplift" piece  
> which encapsulates the bits of the trunk platform which we want to  
> see hit Fx2. I think Shaver's managing that right now, so I'll poke  
> him about this at the next Bon Echo meeting if not before. Seems  
> like it's the right sort of candidate, though.
>
>> So I think the deadline for checking everything should be either  
>> "before Beta 1" or "before Alpha 2".
>> Please advise what you feel is the right one.
>> Based on the deadline you recommend, we'll either land in time, or  
>> the feature will be out.
>
> As mconnor noted, if it's a new feature, we need it to land as part  
> of an alpha, and the last scheduled alpha is A2 which is targeted  
> at early May at this point in time. I think we need to get this  
> requirement on the books as part of the SSL piece and prioritize it  
> accordingly. In the meantime, please work out your estimates to see  
> if you can land it for the end of the first week of May, and let us  
> know if that's feasible.
>
> cheers,
> mike

Kai's replies:

> This piece seems to me to fall into the "platform uplift" piece  
> which encapsulates the bits of the trunk platform which we want to  
> see hit Fx2. I think Shaver's managing that right now, so I'll poke  
> him about this at the next Bon Echo meeting if not before. Seems  
> like it's the right sort of candidate, though.
>
Thanks!


> As mconnor noted, if it's a new feature, we need it to land as part  
> of an alpha, and the last scheduled alpha is A2 which is targeted  
> at early May at this point in time.
>
Understood, we'll try.

Thanks!
Kai


Mike Connor wrote:

> On 7-Apr-06, at 1:57 PM, Kai Engert wrote:
>
>> The only API addition is to a rarely used JS function.
>>
> Which function would this be?
>
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/generateCRMFRequest
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=326159#c6


>> So I think the deadline for checking everything should be either  
>> "before Beta 1" or "before Alpha 2".
>> Please advise what you feel is the right one.
>> Based on the deadline you recommend, we'll either land in time, or  
>> the feature will be out.
>>
> We would want to see this land for alpha2 and take fixes if  
> necessary. [...] Beta1 is just too late [...]
>
Ok, that's fine. We'll try to get it in in time.

Thanks!
Kai



_______________________________________________
dev-planning mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-planning
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Crypto / PSM work for FF 2

Mike Beltzner
On 7-Apr-06, at 3:25 PM, Kai Engert wrote:

>> As mconnor noted, if it's a new feature, we need it to land as  
>> part of an alpha, and the last scheduled alpha is A2 which is  
>> targeted at early May at this point in time.
> Understood, we'll try.

OK, I've added this as a tentative requirement (pending approval at  
the next Bon Echo meeting) to the security requirements, targeted as  
a P3 for Alpha2.

cheers,
mike
_______________________________________________
dev-planning mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-planning
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Crypto / PSM work for FF 2

Kai Engert-3
In reply to this post by Mike Beltzner
Mike Shaver wrote:

> On 7-Apr-06, at 2:35 PM, Mike Beltzner wrote:
>
>>> OCSP over Proxy (bug 111384): The change finally landed on the trunk
>>> two days ago. So far I am not aware of regressions. Unless we get
>>> problem reports, I would like to propose to check this in to the 1.8
>>> branch mid next week. The change is isolated to
>>> mozilla/security/manager, no changes to Necko have been necessary.
>>> (However, in addition the mailnews code needs a change, available in
>>> bug 329990.)
>>
>> This piece seems to me to fall into the "platform uplift" piece which
>> encapsulates the bits of the trunk platform which we want to see hit
>> Fx2. I think Shaver's managing that right now, so I'll poke him about
>> this at the next Bon Echo meeting if not before. Seems like it's the
>> right sort of candidate, though.
>
> I think it's a good candidate, especially if there are good tests
> being run regularly to verify the proxy functionality.  (Having Kai
> use such a config in his daily work would be quite satisfactory for
> that purpose, I suspect.)
Yes, both my work and my private profile have a proxy configured and
OCSP enabled.

Kai


_______________________________________________
dev-planning mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-planning

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment