Re: Compile mozilla

Benjamin Smedberg
Mariano wrote:
> Hi
>     I was trying to compile mozilla on window xp, with vs.net 03. I
> installed cygwin, moztool and everything I read at mozdev, just in
> case. But I dont knowk If i should run the compile step, form either
> the dos console or the cygwin console. Then I try and in both cases I
> get an error, in the dos console was:
> Command: C:\cygwin\bin\make -f client.mk build

You must not put your source dir in C:\cygwin\bin...

1) you must preserve the "mozilla" directory of your source tree
2) the source tree must live in a /cygdrive/<x> mountpoint.

This is covered in the official build pages at
http://developer.mozilla.org/Build_Documentation

> PS: if this is not the correct mailing list for that topic, please,
> excuse me and point me to the correct one.

The correct mailing list is netscape.public.mozilla.build, I have set
followup to that group.

--BDS

Re: Compile mozilla

Mariano Cuenze
Thanks by you answer:
But the comand "C:\cygwin\bin\make -f client.mk build" I had run it
from the dos shell inside the mozilla directory, at /cygdrive/<x>,
exactly at /cygdrive/c/Todo/Mozilla/mozilla/ -the mozilla top level cvs
directory. Then I think that was not the mistake.The entires lines
were:

C:\Todo\Mozilla\mozilla>C:\cygwin\bin\make -f client.mk

make: pwd: Command not found
make: dirname: Command not found
/bin/sh: sed: command not found
/bin/sh: sed: command not found
/bin/sh: sed: command not found
/bin/sh: cvs: command not found
/bin/sh: mozilla/.mozconfig.out: No such file or directory
client.mk:331: /.mozconfig.mk: No such file or directory
client.mk:332: /build/unix/modules.mk: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/build/unix/modules.mk'.  Stop.

Also, your answer let me see that the correct choise is compiling
mozilla from dos, that is ok? I dont knowk if it will be necessary to
run under cygwin bash -but I got an error in that atemp to compile too.
Again, thanks by any help.

Re: Compile mozilla

Mariano Cuenze
The good news is that I correct the problem, was an error with the path
variable. I solved some errors after that but I got an error with vs,
that i am going to try to solve.
Thanks. Mariano.

Re: Compile mozilla

Christian Biesinger
Mariano Cuenze wrote:
> Also, your answer let me see that the correct choise is compiling
> mozilla from dos, that is ok? I dont knowk if it will be necessary to
> run under cygwin bash

Both works, if the variables are set correctly.