Re: Compacting

1234 ... 12

Re: Compacting

Leonidas Jones-2
squaredancer wrote:

> On 10.03.2009 19:56, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Leonidas Jones
> to generate the following:? :
>> Bill Johnson wrote:

/snip/

> *lol* Lee -
> that must be a Mac-Setting for remote chinese cookery lessons.... but
> surely, you miss-spellt that - Netwok and DISH-space, yes ???
>

>> Under Disk Space, there is a checkbox to enable automatic compacting,
>> and a field to set the threshold at which it is done.
>>
>> Lee

Hi reg.  You were correct to set the followup, since it was an off topic
reply, but it would be a really good idea to point out that you have
done so, so that people know where their replies are going.

cross posted to thunderbird and general, followup set to mozilla.general.

Lee

Re: Compacting

clay-14
Leonidas Jones wrote:

> Hi reg.  You were correct to set the followup, since it was an off topic
> reply, but it would be a really good idea to point out that you have
> done so, so that people know where their replies are going.
>
> cross posted to thunderbird and general, followup set to mozilla.general.
>
> Lee

mozilla.support.thunderbirf?
New group or is your keyboard lisping?

Re: Compacting

Leonidas Jones-2
clay wrote:

> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>>>

>> Hi reg. You were correct to set the followup, since it was an off
>> topic reply, but it would be a really good idea to point out that you
>> have done so, so that people know where their replies are going.
>>
>> cross posted to thunderbird and general, followup set to mozilla.general.
>>
>> Lee
>
> mozilla.support.thunderbirf?
> New group or is your keyboard lisping?

No, new application.  I'm running SeaMonkey 2.0.a3 now, and the spell
checker was not turned on.  It is now.

Lee

Re: Compacting

clay-14
Leonidas Jones wrote:

> clay wrote:
>> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>>>>

>>> Hi reg. You were correct to set the followup, since it was an off
>>> topic reply, but it would be a really good idea to point out that you
>>> have done so, so that people know where their replies are going.
>>>
>>> cross posted to thunderbird and general, followup set to
>>> mozilla.general.
>>>
>>> Lee
>>
>> mozilla.support.thunderbirf?
>> New group or is your keyboard lisping?
>
> No, new application.  I'm running SeaMonkey 2.0.a3 now, and the spell
> checker was not turned on.  It is now.
>
> Lee

Does SeaMonkey spell check in the address field? That would be way cool
(or way annoying...)

Re: Compacting

Leonidas Jones-2
clay wrote:

> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>>>

>> Hi reg. You were correct to set the followup, since it was an off
>> topic reply, but it would be a really good idea to point out that you
>> have done so, so that people know where their replies are going.
>>
>> cross posted to thunderbird and general, followup set to mozilla.general.
>>
>> Lee
>
> mozilla.support.thunderbirf?
> New group or is your keyboard lisping?

Of course, then again, I've been wondering why no one else has been
posting in mozilla.support.thunderbirf.  Y'all don't know what you are
missing!  ;)

Lee

Re: Compacting

Leonidas Jones-2
clay wrote:

> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> clay wrote:

>>> mozilla.support.thunderbirf?
>>> New group or is your keyboard lisping?
>>
>> No, new application. I'm running SeaMonkey 2.0.a3 now, and the spell
>> checker was not turned on. It is now.
>>
>> Lee
>
> Does SeaMonkey spell check in the address field? That would be way cool
> (or way annoying...)

Nope, I misread you.

Lee

Re: Compacting

PhillipJones
Leonidas Jones wrote:

> clay wrote:
>> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>>>>

>>> Hi reg. You were correct to set the followup, since it was an off
>>> topic reply, but it would be a really good idea to point out that you
>>> have done so, so that people know where their replies are going.
>>>
>>> cross posted to thunderbird and general, followup set to
>>> mozilla.general.
>>>
>>> Lee
>>
>> mozilla.support.thunderbirf?
>> New group or is your keyboard lisping?
>
> Of course, then again, I've been wondering why no one else has been
> posting in mozilla.support.thunderbirf.  Y'all don't know what you are
> missing!  ;)
>
> Lee

I've been told in SeaMonkey, FireFox, and Thunderbird support groups,
what amounts to *bug off* (only with a bit stronger language) because
support help for Mac users is unneeded nor unwanted.

So after years of abuse I relented. At least here user of Mozilla
Products of all stripes can post.

BTW: I'm working on a bare bones skeleton website design for a Friend of
mine that he can use as a Jumping off point create a website for a new
venture he is getting into.

Its located here:

http://www.phillipmjones.net/Doug/index.html.

Created with a combo of DreamWeaver/FireWorks.

Haven't received my regular dose of derision, and pummeling into the
ground. Thought I post it, give some ammunition. :-)

--
Phillip M. Jones, CET        If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!
          http://www.vpea.org                http://www.phillipmjones.net

Re: Compacting

JoeS-3
On 3/11/2009 1:37 PM, Leonidas Jones wrote:

> clay wrote:
>> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>>>>

>>> Hi reg. You were correct to set the followup, since it was an off
>>> topic reply, but it would be a really good idea to point out that you
>>> have done so, so that people know where their replies are going.
>>>
>>> cross posted to thunderbird and general, followup set to
>>> mozilla.general.
>>>
>>> Lee
>>
>> mozilla.support.thunderbirf?
>> New group or is your keyboard lisping?
>
> Of course, then again, I've been wondering why no one else has been
> posting in mozilla.support.thunderbirf. Y'all don't know what you are
> missing! ;)
>
> Lee

Is Multimudia welcome there?

Joe

Re: Compacting

Leonidas Jones-2
JoeS wrote:

> On 3/11/2009 1:37 PM, Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> clay wrote:

>>> mozilla.support.thunderbirf?
>>> New group or is your keyboard lisping?
>>
>> Of course, then again, I've been wondering why no one else has been
>> posting in mozilla.support.thunderbirf. Y'all don't know what you are
>> missing! ;)
>>
>> Lee
>
> Is Multimudia welcome there?
>
> Joe

No, Plait Test only!

Lee

Re: Compacting

clay-14
Leonidas Jones wrote:

> clay wrote:
>> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>>>>

>>> Hi reg. You were correct to set the followup, since it was an off
>>> topic reply, but it would be a really good idea to point out that you
>>> have done so, so that people know where their replies are going.
>>>
>>> cross posted to thunderbird and general, followup set to
>>> mozilla.general.
>>>
>>> Lee
>>
>> mozilla.support.thunderbirf?
>> New group or is your keyboard lisping?
>
> Of course, then again, I've been wondering why no one else has been
> posting in mozilla.support.thunderbirf.  Y'all don't know what you are
> missing!  ;)
>
> Lee

I fixed my user agent string. Maybe I can post there now.

Re: Compacting

Moz Champion (Dan)
Leonidas Jones wrote:

> JoeS wrote:

>>> Of course, then again, I've been wondering why no one else has been
>>> posting in mozilla.support.thunderbirf. Y'all don't know what you are
>>> missing! ;)
>>>
>>> Lee
>>
>> Is Multimudia welcome there?
>>
>> Joe
>>

> No, Plait Test only!
>
> Lee

You can post multimudia in mozilla.support.meanshots <grin> but its
moderated

Re: Compacting

Leonidas Jones-2
Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> JoeS wrote:

>>> Is Multimudia welcome there?
>>>
>>> Joe
>>>

>> No, Plait Test only!
>>
>> Lee
>
> You can post multimudia in mozilla.support.meanshots <grin> but its
> moderated

I give up Dan, you win!!!!!  Good one!!!!

Lee

Re: Compacting

Leonidas Jones-2
clay wrote:

> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> clay wrote:

>>> mozilla.support.thunderbirf?
>>> New group or is your keyboard lisping?
>>
>> Of course, then again, I've been wondering why no one else has been
>> posting in mozilla.support.thunderbirf. Y'all don't know what you are
>> missing! ;)
>>
>> Lee
>
> I fixed my user agent string. Maybe I can post there now.

Not until you change your browser UA to firfox.

Lee

Re: Compacting

»Q«
In <news:[hidden email]>,
Leonidas Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

> >> No, Plait Test only!
> >>
> >> Lee
> >
> > You can post multimudia in mozilla.support.meanshots <grin> but its
> > moderated
>
> I give up Dan, you win!!!!!  Good one!!!!

Lee, you've been back what, a few days?  And already people are joking
and having fun.  I've never seen the actual policy on it, but I've been
told that fun is not allowed around here, and now I see why -- this
string of posts just made coffee come out of my nose, which is totally
unacceptable!  As soon as I figure out how, I'm banning all three of
you.  And I'm double-banning Mac users, who generally seem to be having
way too much fun.

--
»Q«
     Kleeneness is next to Gödelness.

Re: Compacting

Leonidas Jones-2
»Q« wrote:

> In<news:[hidden email]>,
> Leonidas Jones<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

>>> You can post multimudia in mozilla.support.meanshots<grin>  but its
>>> moderated
>> I give up Dan, you win!!!!!  Good one!!!!
>
> Lee, you've been back what, a few days?  And already people are joking
> and having fun.  I've never seen the actual policy on it, but I've been
> told that fun is not allowed around here, and now I see why -- this
> string of posts just made coffee come out of my nose, which is totally
> unacceptable!  As soon as I figure out how, I'm banning all three of
> you.  And I'm double-banning Mac users, who generally seem to be having
> way too much fun.

Hey guys, »Q« is being mean to me!!!. ;)

Seriously, its good to be back.  Its a about a week, mostly in the
SeaMonkey group, since I've using SM almost exclusively since  Netscape
went down. (Insert moment of silence here.)

I think the policy is, fun is only allowed in mozilla.general.  I would
think the answer is, when the urge for fun begins in a support group,
just set the followup to general.

Works for me!

Lww, er, Lere, er, heck I give up

OT: was Re: Compacting

Daniel-257
»Q« wrote:
> In <news:[hidden email]>,
> Leonidas Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

<snip>

>> I give up Dan, you win!!!!!  Good one!!!!
>
> Lee, you've been back what, a few days?  And already people are joking
> and having fun.  I've never seen the actual policy on it, but I've been
> told that fun is not allowed around here, and now I see why -- this
> string of posts just made coffee come out of my nose, which is totally
> unacceptable!

EEEeeeewwwwwwwwww, I'm not using your keyboard anytime soon!!

Daniel

Re: Compacting

squaredancer
On 12.03.2009 00:25, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Moz Champion
(Dan) to generate the following:? :

> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>
>> JoeS wrote:

>>> Is Multimudia welcome there?
>>>
>>> Joe
>>>

>> No, Plait Test only!
>>
>> Lee
>>

> You can post multimudia in mozilla.support.meanshots <grin> but its
> moderated

yeah, Dan.... but it's also Company, Limited,  to certain products

(and of course, your spells checks ain't switched on either.... it's
MODULATED.....)

reg

Re: Compacting

squaredancer
On 12.03.2009 04:04, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  »Q« to
generate the following:? :

> In <news:[hidden email]>,
> Leonidas Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

>>> You can post multimudia in mozilla.support.meanshots <grin> but its
>>> moderated
>>>
>> I give up Dan, you win!!!!!  Good one!!!!
>>

> Lee, you've been back what, a few days?  And already people are joking
> and having fun.  I've never seen the actual policy on it, but I've been
> told that fun is not allowed around here, and now I see why -- this
> string of posts just made coffee come out of my nose, which is totally
> unacceptable!

for once, I agree with you, >Q< - I certainly wouldn't accept coffee
from out your nose....

Did you IMMEDIATELY up-turn your keyboard - just in case the little
chinaman in there gets drowned ???

> As soon as I figure out how, I'm banning all three of
> you.  And I'm double-banning Mac users, who generally seem to be having
> way too much fun.

may I plead leniancy for Mac-users??  They don't have much to laugh
about, do they!

reg

Re: Compacting

squaredancer
On 12.03.2009 00:50, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Leonidas Jones
to generate the following:? :

> clay wrote:

>>> Of course, then again, I've been wondering why no one else has been
>>> posting in mozilla.support.thunderbirf. Y'all don't know what you are
>>> missing! ;)
>>>
>>> Lee
>>>
>> I fixed my user agent string. Maybe I can post there now.
>>

> Not until you change your browser UA to firfox.
>
> Lee

hmmmm - didn't Bill Gates get persecuted for that sort of corporate
thinking ??

reg

Re: Compacting

»Q«
In <news:[hidden email]>,
squaredancer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 12.03.2009 04:04, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  »Q« to
> generate the following:? :
> > In <news:[hidden email]>,

> >> I give up Dan, you win!!!!!  Good one!!!!
> >>

> > Lee, you've been back what, a few days?  And already people are
> > joking and having fun.  I've never seen the actual policy on it,
> > but I've been told that fun is not allowed around here, and now I
> > see why -- this string of posts just made coffee come out of my
> > nose, which is totally unacceptable!
>
> for once, I agree with you, >Q< - I certainly wouldn't accept coffee
> from out your nose....
>
> Did you IMMEDIATELY up-turn your keyboard - just in case the little
> chinaman in there gets drowned ???

Heh, I managed to get my hand between my face and the keyboard.  I did
have to change shirts, though.

> > As soon as I figure out how, I'm banning all three of
> > you.  And I'm double-banning Mac users, who generally seem to be
> > having way too much fun.
>
> may I plead leniancy for Mac-users??  They don't have much to laugh
> about, do they!

No leniency!  You're just soft on them because you know Ilias uses a
Mac. ;)