Re: Can I force the order of address choices?

Re: Can I force the order of address choices?

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
squaredancer wrote:

> On 26.04.2009 19:11, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  squaredancer
> to generate the following:? :
>> On 26.04.2009 19:07, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  John O. Kopf
>> to generate the following:? :
>>
>>> I have several "Robert"s in my address book, but normally intend to
>>> send to my son-in-law.  How can I resort the choices offered so that
>>> his address is presented first (i.e., the default)?
>>>
>>> Or are the choices offered in alphabetical order?
>>>
>>> John Kopf
>>>

>> if you are ONLY interested in getting your son's addy up top, simply
>> put a SPACE in front of the first letter (space is a special
>> character, which will be sorted first-in-line)
>>
>> If you need to sort ALL Roberts, try numbering them (as first character).
>>
>> reg
>>

> PS - if a space doesn't work for you (may be that the addressbook
> ignores white spaces) then set an underline_
>
> reg

just address it to asshole! :-) :-D

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Re: Can I force the order of address choices?

squaredancer
On 26.04.2009 19:23, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Peter Potamus
the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :

> squaredancer wrote:
>
>> On 26.04.2009 19:11, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  squaredancer
>> to generate the following:? :
>>
>>> On 26.04.2009 19:07, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  John O. Kopf
>>> to generate the following:? :

>>> if you are ONLY interested in getting your son's addy up top, simply
>>> put a SPACE in front of the first letter (space is a special
>>> character, which will be sorted first-in-line)
>>>
>>> If you need to sort ALL Roberts, try numbering them (as first character).
>>>
>>> reg
>>>

>> PS - if a space doesn't work for you (may be that the addressbook
>> ignores white spaces) then set an underline_
>>
>> reg
>>

> just address it to asshole! :-) :-D

hey you - today's sunday. ya ain't s'posed ta say that!

reg