Re: Calendar integration in Thunderbird

Thomas Gagne
It seems Thunderbird v1.0 doesn't know what the -calendar option is, and
I don't see anywhere in Preferences where it can be started up.  Perhaps
it was dropped for the 1.0 release?

Rod Whiteley wrote:

> Harold Drabkin wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to have the calendar open automatically...
>

> Yes, add the switches -mail -calendar to the command that starts
> Thunderbird, and it will open both windows.
>
> This is mentioned in the help:
> http://calendarhelp.mozdev.org/open.xul?topic=options:startup
>
> I do not know the detsils for OSX.  I suspect you have to make some kind
> of file to contain the startup command.

Re: Calendar integration in Thunderbird

Christopher Jahn
Thomas Gagne <[hidden email]> wrote in
news:[hidden email]:

> It seems Thunderbird v1.0 doesn't know what the -calendar
> option is, and I don't see anywhere in Preferences where it
> can be started up.  Perhaps it was dropped for the 1.0
> release?

Make sure the arguments are correct:
"<path>thunderbird.exe" -calendar

Note quotations and the space before the dash.

--
}:-)       Christopher Jahn
{:-(       http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

Time is a great teacher, but it kills all its pupils.

Re: Calendar integration in Thunderbird

Rod Whiteley
Thomas Gagne wrote:
> It seems Thunderbird v1.0 doesn't know what the -calendar option is...

Calendar is not part of Thunderbird.  You must install it as an
extension.  After you install it, you can use -calendar in the command.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/download.html#download_thunderbird

--
Rod Whiteley