Re: At last...

Daniel
On 10/03/15 14:27, Roger Fink wrote:
> In case it hasn't been mentioned here before, somewhere in the very
> recent past SeaMonkey managed to fix its oldest outstanding bug, and one
> that I personally found quite nettlesome ever since it appeared in the
> first release. You can now click an email link in SeaMonkey and it will
> bring up the compose page of your default email program, even it is not
> SeaMonkey.
>
> Very much appreciated by this Thundahbird user.

"nettlesome"?? :-)

As English is OT here in support, I've cross-posted to Moz.gen and set
Follow up there.

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.32 Build identifier: 20141218225909
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.33 Build identifier: 20150215202114

Re: At last...

Paul B. Gallagher
Daniel wrote:

> On 10/03/15 14:27, Roger Fink wrote:
>> In case it hasn't been mentioned here before, somewhere in the very
>> recent past SeaMonkey managed to fix its oldest outstanding bug, and one
>> that I personally found quite nettlesome ever since it appeared in the
>> first release. You can now click an email link in SeaMonkey and it will
>> bring up the compose page of your default email program, even it is not
>> SeaMonkey.
>>
>> Very much appreciated by this Thundahbird user.
>>
> "nettlesome"?? :-)
>
> As English is OT here in support, I've cross-posted to Moz.gen and set
> Follow up there.

Perfectly good word, and appropriate in context. Don't you have it down
under?

<http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nettlesome>
causing vexation: irritating

<http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nettlesome>
1. causing irritation, vexation, or annoyance:
/to cope with a nettlesome situation/
2. easily provoked or annoyed:
/to become nettlesome over trivial matters/

<http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nettlesome>
Causing irritation or distress; vexatious.
-- American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition.

1. causing or susceptible to irritation
-- Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged

1. causing irritation, vexation, or annoyance.
2. easily provoked or annoyed.
-- Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010

1. Troubling the nerves or peace of mind, as by repeated vexations:
annoying, bothersome, galling, irksome, irritating, plaguy, provoking,
troublesome, vexatious.
2. So replete with interlocking points and complications as to be
painfully irritating: prickly, spiny, thorny.
-- The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014

Paul B. Gallagher

Re: At last...

Daniel
On 10/03/15 20:26, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

> Daniel wrote:
>
>> On 10/03/15 14:27, Roger Fink wrote:
>>> In case it hasn't been mentioned here before, somewhere in the very
>>> recent past SeaMonkey managed to fix its oldest outstanding bug, and one
>>> that I personally found quite nettlesome ever since it appeared in the
>>> first release. You can now click an email link in SeaMonkey and it will
>>> bring up the compose page of your default email program, even it is not
>>> SeaMonkey.
>>>
>>> Very much appreciated by this Thundahbird user.
>>>
>> "nettlesome"?? :-)
>>
>> As English is OT here in support, I've cross-posted to Moz.gen and set
>> Follow up there.
>
> Perfectly good word, and appropriate in context. Don't you have it down
> under?
>
> <http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nettlesome>
> causing vexation: irritating
>
> <http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nettlesome>
> 1. causing irritation, vexation, or annoyance:
> /to cope with a nettlesome situation/
> 2. easily provoked or annoyed:
> /to become nettlesome over trivial matters/
>
> <http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nettlesome>
> Causing irritation or distress; vexatious.
> -- American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition.
>
> 1. causing or susceptible to irritation
> -- Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged
>
> 1. causing irritation, vexation, or annoyance.
> 2. easily provoked or annoyed.
> -- Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010

> 1. Troubling the nerves or peace of mind, as by repeated vexations:
> annoying, bothersome, galling, irksome, irritating, plaguy, provoking,
> troublesome, vexatious.
> 2. So replete with interlocking points and complications as to be
> painfully irritating: prickly, spiny, thorny.
> -- The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014

Well, we do have Nettles here....
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nettle

I suppose if I brushed against some nettles, I could become nettlesome!! ;-)

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.32 Build identifier: 20141218225909
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.33 Build identifier: 20150215202114

Re: At last...

PietB
Daniel wrote:

> Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>> Daniel wrote:
>>>
>>> "nettlesome"?? :-)

> Well, we do have Nettles here....
> http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nettle
> I suppose if I brushed against some nettles, I could become nettlesome!! ;-)

Yeah, but this was about a bug swallowed by a sea monkey and acting
like a nettle. From a biological point of view quite a miracle. :-)

-p

Re: At last...

Wolf K.
On 2015-03-10 7:51 AM, PietB wrote:

> Daniel wrote:
>> Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

>> Well, we do have Nettles here....
>> http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nettle
>> I suppose if I brushed against some nettles, I could become nettlesome!! ;-)
>
> Yeah, but this was about a bug swallowed by a sea monkey and acting
> like a nettle. From a biological point of view quite a miracle. :-)
>
> -p

Nah, just genetic engineering, aka recoding.

:-)

--
Best,
Wolf K.

Re: At last...

jetjock-4
Daniel wrote:

> On 10/03/15 20:26, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>
>> Daniel wrote:

>>> "nettlesome"?? :-)
>>>
>>> As English is OT here in support, I've cross-posted to Moz.gen and set
>>> Follow up there.
>>

>> Perfectly good word, and appropriate in context. Don't you have it down
>> under?
>>
>> <http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nettlesome>
>> causing vexation: irritating
>>
>> <http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nettlesome>
>> 1. causing irritation, vexation, or annoyance:
>> /to cope with a nettlesome situation/
>> 2. easily provoked or annoyed:
>> /to become nettlesome over trivial matters/
>>
>> <http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nettlesome>
>> Causing irritation or distress; vexatious.
>> -- American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition.
>>
>> 1. causing or susceptible to irritation
>> -- Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged
>>
>> 1. causing irritation, vexation, or annoyance.
>> 2. easily provoked or annoyed.
>> -- Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010

>> 1. Troubling the nerves or peace of mind, as by repeated vexations:
>> annoying, bothersome, galling, irksome, irritating, plaguy, provoking,
>> troublesome, vexatious.
>> 2. So replete with interlocking points and complications as to be
>> painfully irritating: prickly, spiny, thorny.
>> -- The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014
>>

> Well, we do have Nettles here....
> http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nettle
>
> I suppose if I brushed against some nettles, I could become
> nettlesome!! ;-)

Well, actually it would be the nettles that would become "netllesome"!
You would have been "nettled".  ;-)

Re: At last...

Roger Fink
>> In case it hasn't been mentioned here before, somewhere in the very
>> recent past SeaMonkey managed to fix its oldest outstanding bug, and one
>> that I personally found quite nettlesome ever since it appeared in the
>> first release. You can now click an email link in SeaMonkey and it will
>> bring up the compose page of your default email program, even it is not
>> SeaMonkey.
>>
>> Very much appreciated by this Thundahbird user.
>>
> "nettlesome"?? :-)
>
> As English is OT here in support, I've cross-posted to Moz.gen and set
> Follow up there.

My post has been hijacked by the Daniel trojan!! (not that it's a big
deal). How does this work? Are there Ilias-designated hijackers within
the newsgroup, or am I forever stuck being a hijackee?

Re: At last...

Ron Hunter
On 3/10/2015 6:12 AM, Daniel wrote:

> On 10/03/15 20:26, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>> Daniel wrote:

>>> "nettlesome"?? :-)
>>>
>>> As English is OT here in support, I've cross-posted to Moz.gen and set
>>> Follow up there.
>>
>> Perfectly good word, and appropriate in context. Don't you have it down
>> under?
>>
>> <http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nettlesome>
>> causing vexation: irritating
>>
>> <http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nettlesome>
>> 1. causing irritation, vexation, or annoyance:
>> /to cope with a nettlesome situation/
>> 2. easily provoked or annoyed:
>> /to become nettlesome over trivial matters/
>>
>> <http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nettlesome>
>> Causing irritation or distress; vexatious.
>> -- American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition.
>>
>> 1. causing or susceptible to irritation
>> -- Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged
>>
>> 1. causing irritation, vexation, or annoyance.
>> 2. easily provoked or annoyed.
>> -- Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010

>> 1. Troubling the nerves or peace of mind, as by repeated vexations:
>> annoying, bothersome, galling, irksome, irritating, plaguy, provoking,
>> troublesome, vexatious.
>> 2. So replete with interlocking points and complications as to be
>> painfully irritating: prickly, spiny, thorny.
>> -- The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014
>>

> Well, we do have Nettles here....
> http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nettle
>
> I suppose if I brushed against some nettles, I could become nettlesome!!
> ;-)

I strongly suspect that you would, for a while, at least.

Re: At last...

Ron Hunter
On 3/10/2015 10:18 AM, jetjock wrote:

> Daniel wrote:

>>> Perfectly good word, and appropriate in context. Don't you have it down
>>> under?
>>>
>>> <http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nettlesome>
>>> causing vexation: irritating
>>>
>>> <http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nettlesome>
>>> 1. causing irritation, vexation, or annoyance:
>>> /to cope with a nettlesome situation/
>>> 2. easily provoked or annoyed:
>>> /to become nettlesome over trivial matters/
>>>
>>> <http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nettlesome>
>>> Causing irritation or distress; vexatious.
>>> -- American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition.
>>>
>>> 1. causing or susceptible to irritation
>>> -- Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged
>>>
>>> 1. causing irritation, vexation, or annoyance.
>>> 2. easily provoked or annoyed.
>>> -- Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010

>>> 1. Troubling the nerves or peace of mind, as by repeated vexations:
>>> annoying, bothersome, galling, irksome, irritating, plaguy, provoking,
>>> troublesome, vexatious.
>>> 2. So replete with interlocking points and complications as to be
>>> painfully irritating: prickly, spiny, thorny.
>>> -- The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014
>>>

>> Well, we do have Nettles here....
>> http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nettle
>>
>> I suppose if I brushed against some nettles, I could become
>> nettlesome!! ;-)
>>
> Well, actually it would be the nettles that would become "netllesome"!
> You would have been "nettled".  ;-)

But as a result, you might become nettlesome to others.

Re: At last...

Daniel
On 11/03/2015 2:51 AM, Roger Fink wrote:

> [...]

No, Roger, you are not a designated hijackee, just that I didn't want to
incur ChrisI's wrath in the support group.

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.32 Build identifier: 20141218225909
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.33 Build identifier: 20150215202114

Re: At last...

Roger Fink
> On 11/03/2015 2:51 AM, Roger Fink wrote:

Well, yes, he does keep a DB.