Re: 2.20 -> 2.22 User Prefs stop working

Re: 2.20 -> 2.22 User Prefs stop working

Michael Bellomo
If you upgraded via CVS, did you have any conflicts in the templates?
If so, the template wouldn't compile and you would get an error that
way.  You can check to make sure there's no conflicts by doing a 'cvs
diff' on the following file:
template/en/default/account/prefs/prefs.html.tmpl

If there's differences, you'll have to resolve those.  Look for <<<  or
>>> in the file.

    -Michael

Mike wrote:

> I just upgraded from 2.20 to 2.22 on a FreeBSD 4.11 server, Perl
> 5.8.8, MySQL 4.1.
>
> I ran sanitycheck before and after the upgrade, no problems there.  I
> ran checksetup.pl after the upgrade.
>
> The problem I am having is that the tabs along the top of the User
> preference page (userprefs.cgi) display fine, but the contents of each
> tab do not display, no matter which tab I click on.  As I click on
> various tabs, the focus changes to that tab.   The footer of the page
> displays fine.
>
> Did I miss a new configuration parameter during the upgrade?  How can
> I turn User Preferences on once again?

Re: 2.20 -> 2.22 User Prefs stop working

Marc Schumann
Mike,

2006/5/8, Mike <[hidden email]>:
> >I just upgraded from 2.20 to 2.22 on a FreeBSD 4.11 server, Perl
> >5.8.8, MySQL 4.1.
> >
> >The problem I am having is that the tabs along the top of the User
> >preference page (userprefs.cgi) display fine, but the contents of each
> >tab do not display, no matter which tab I click on.  As I click on
> >various tabs, the focus changes to that tab.   The footer of the page
> >displays fine.

in which way was 2.20 installed? As a FreeBSD port, maybe? If so, is
it possible that there is some port-specific stuff around which causes
trouble to 2.22 you untarred over it? I'm thinking maybe paths, like
to templates, or something.

   Marc

--
http://wurblzap.net/
Bugzilla hosting and professional support

2006/5/9, Mike <[hidden email]>:
> 2.20 was installed from ports.   I installed 2.22 from ports last
> night, but I still see the same symptom.
>
> I see no error messages in any of the logs.  Where/how does one start
> to track does these silent failures in Bugzilla?

I'd follow the code in userprefs.cgi.

This may be a case for http://www.bugzilla.org/support/consulting.html.

   Regards
      Marc