Raw Mail

Marvin Hermann
Hello Thunderbird devs,

my question is short and simple: How can I get the raw data from a
mailmessage of a messagelist?

I do have a messagelist and I can get the headers and the body of a mail
of from the list but I cant seem to get the raw mail data.

Does anybody have an idea or a solution to that?

Thanks in advance

Marvin Herrmann

Re: Raw Mail

Jörg Knobloch
On 17/09/2019 17:06, Marvin Herrmann wrote:
> my question is short and simple: How can I get the raw data from a
> mailmessage of a messagelist?

For a WebExtension?

https://thunderbird-webextensions.readthedocs.io/en/latest/messages.html#getfull-messageid

Or for a legacy extension? Take a look at
https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-GB/thunderbird/addon/sfoa/

That add-on gets the message body using
nsIMsgMessageService.streamMessage().

Jörg.

Re: Raw Mail

David E. Ross-3
On 9/17/2019 8:06 AM, Marvin Herrmann wrote:

> Hello Thunderbird devs,
>
> my question is short and simple: How can I get the raw data from a
> mailmessage of a messagelist?
>
> I do have a messagelist and I can get the headers and the body of a mail
> of from the list but I cant seem to get the raw mail data.
>
> Does anybody have an idea or a solution to that?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Marvin Herrmann

Does not [View > Message Source] give you what you need?

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Immigration authorities arrested 680 undocumented aliens in meat
processing facilities in Mississippi.  Employing someone who is not
legally in the U.S. is also illegal.  How many of the EMPLOYERS are
being criminally charged?  If none, why not?

Re: Raw Mail

Marvin Hermann
Hey Jörg,

On 17.09.2019 22:15, Jörg Knobloch wrote:
> On 17/09/2019 17:06, Marvin Herrmann wrote:
>> my question is short and simple: How can I get the raw data from a
>> mailmessage of a messagelist?
>
> For a WebExtension?
>
> https://thunderbird-webextensions.readthedocs.io/en/latest/messages.html#getfull-messageid

yes it is for a webextension but "browser.messages.getFull(msgID);"
returns not the raw message but a predefined map with the keys
contentType, headers, partName, parts and size. I just want the raw dump
of the mail. As it is now this API
(https://spamcheck.postmarkapp.com/doc/
<https://spamcheck.postmarkapp.com/doc/>) does not accept the format of
the raw mail dump.

Marvin Herrmann

Re: Raw Mail

Jörg Knobloch
On 18/09/2019 11:16, Marvin Herrmann wrote:

> yes it is for a webextension but "browser.messages.getFull(msgID);"
> returns not the raw message but a predefined map with the keys
> contentType, headers, partName, parts and size. I just want the raw dump
> of the mail.

Well, then talk to the author of the API, CC'ed here.

Jörg.