Questions regarding "about" pages.

Markus.Bauermeister
I've a few questions regarding the "about" feature in Xulrunner.

1. How would I go about adding additional about pages, like about:robots?
2. Is it a good idea to edit about.xhtml (as part of omni.ja) or should I rather override it with my own replacement.
3. Accessing "about:" doesn't work in my Xulrunner based browser.

Error message:

"XML Parsing Error: undefined entity Location: jar:file:///C:/junior/xulrunner/omni.ja!/chrome/toolkit/content/global/about.xhtml Line Number 23, Column 1:<body dir="&locale.dir;"> ^"

My Chrome.manifest:
"
content myapp content/
content branding branding/

locale myapp en locale/en/
locale myapp de locale/de/

locale branding en locale/en/
locale branding de locale/de/
"

4. Is there any Linux packaging app that is able to open omni.ja? The standard Ubuntu 13.04 archiver doesn't work, for some reason.

Re: Questions regarding "about" pages.

Markus.Bauermeister
Never mind 3). Not sure what exactly was wrong with it, but deleting and reapplying the DOCTYPE worked for me. Still very much interested in 1), 2) and 4).

Re: Questions regarding "about" pages.

Neil-4
[hidden email] wrote:

>1. How would I go about adding additional about pages, like about:robots?

You need to register an about module. Here are some examples:
http://mxr.mozilla.org/comm-central/source/mail/components/aboutRedirector.js
http://mxr.mozilla.org/comm-central/source/mozilla/browser/metro/components/AboutRedirector.js
http://mxr.mozilla.org/comm-central/source/mozilla/mobile/android/components/AboutRedirector.js
http://mxr.mozilla.org/comm-central/source/suite/common/src/nsAbout.js
You also need manifest entries pointing to your component of course.

>2. Is it a good idea to edit about.xhtml (as part of omni.ja) or should I rather override it with my own replacement.

Never try to edit part of omni.ja, always prefer to override it.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.