Question about translation on Verbatim

Ralph Daub
Hi,

I'm making some translations for Support Mozilla to pt-BR on Verbatim[1] and I have a question about some of the strings:

ENGLISH:
%(creator)s submitted a new revision to the document %(document_title)s.

Do I have to keep the S on the translation?

PORTUGUESE:
%(creator)s submeteu uma nova revisão ao documento %(document_title)s.

or

%(creator) submeteu uma nova revisão ao documento %(document_title).

File: apps/wiki/templates/wiki/email/ready_for_review.ltxt:4

Thanks!!
- Ralph

[1] https://localize.mozilla.org/pt_BR/

Re: Question about translation on Verbatim

Matjaz Horvat
Yes, you have to keep it.

Think of %(creator)s as more verbose version of %s.

-Matjaž

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 10:50 PM, Ralph Daub <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm making some translations for Support Mozilla to pt-BR on Verbatim[1]
> and I have a question about some of the strings:
>
> ENGLISH:
> %(creator)s submitted a new revision to the document %(document_title)s.
>

> Do I have to keep the S on the translation?
>

> PORTUGUESE:
> %(creator)s submeteu uma nova revisão ao documento %(document_title)s.
>
> or
>
> %(creator) submeteu uma nova revisão ao documento %(document_title).
>
> File: apps/wiki/templates/wiki/email/ready_for_review.ltxt:4
>
> Thanks!!
> - Ralph
>

> [1] https://localize.mozilla.org/pt_BR/

Re: Question about translation on Verbatim

Ralph Daub
Perfect! Thanks Matjaž!! =)

- Ralph

Re: [mozilla-brasil] Question about translation on Verbatim

reuben.morais (Bugzilla)
Hi Ralph,

Yes, that's Python's syntax to specify types when formatting strings. You can read about it here: http://docs.python.org/2/library/stdtypes.html#string-formatting

-- reuben