Quantcast

Question about a11y docs status

Eric Shepherd
Hi all,

I'm working on updating the organization of docs content on MDN, and
stumbled upon this page:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/AJAX/WAI_ARIA_Live_Regions_API_Support

The "AJAX" section of MDN is getting removed in the next few days,
since it's almost all repetetive. What's not repetetive will be moved
elsewhere.

What I'm trying to figure out is whether this page is useful at all,
and if so, whether it's Firefox-specific material (ie, "here's what
Firefox supports") or general Web documentation. That will tell me
where on MDN to move the content to.

If it's not useful at all, then I can archive it so that it can be
found by people that really do need it but it won't show up to average
readers.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Eric Shepherd
Developer Documentation Lead
Mozilla
Blog: http://www.bitstampede.com/
Twitter: @sheppy

Re: Question about a11y docs status

Alexander Surkov
Hi. This page is rather web general than Firefox specific (I guess Chrome
must be following it as well). I think the page content is more or less
duped by w3c ARIA implementation guide [1]. However it looks like a more
detailed version so it would be nice to have it somewhere.

Thanks.
Alexander.

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-implementation/#mapping_events_visibility