Question about HTTP/2 logging

bluewolf.chung
Hello, all.

I'm not sure that this mailing list is a right place for my question,
but I haven't met any relevant lists.

Can I leave a log for all HTTP/2 activities of Firefox 34?
I'm implementing a HTTP/2 server so that I'd like to figure out what problems are from the view of a client.

Regard,
Eugene

Re: Question about HTTP/2 logging

Patrick McManus
Hi Eugene -

the most detailed logging will be available via an nspr log -
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Debugging/HTTP_logging

I would suggest you develop using the Developer Channel (aka Aurora) which
is Firefox 36 right now. That contains support for h2-16, which is the
version of http/2 we expect to be a RFC. Firefox 34 supports h2-14, which
is admittedly quite similar but not quite the same., Also you don't need t
enable a pref in Firefox 35 and later to use it.

I'm happy to work with you on anything interesting you might find.

-Patrick

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 3:43 AM, Eugene Chung <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello, all.
>
> I'm not sure that this mailing list is a right place for my question,
> but I haven't met any relevant lists.
>
> Can I leave a log for all HTTP/2 activities of Firefox 34?
> I'm implementing a HTTP/2 server so that I'd like to figure out what
> problems are from the view of a client.
>

> Regard,
> Eugene

Re: Question about HTTP/2 logging

luisespla
Hello,
I'm developing a http2 dissector and I'd like to know if you have any clear text http2 capture files based on draft14 or draft16.
Best regards

Re: Question about HTTP/2 logging

Daniel Stenberg
On Wed, 18 Feb 2015, [hidden email] wrote:

> I'm developing a http2 dissector and I'd like to know if you have any clear
> text http2 capture files based on draft14 or draft16.

There aren't many servers (nor clients) that speak clear text http2, but curl
can do it.

curl getting the front page of nghttp2.org over HTTP/2 clear text with h2-14
looks like this: http://daniel.haxx.se/http2/h2-14-plain-nghttp2.pcapng

--

  / daniel.haxx.se