Query

Sugandhi Ritesh EXT

I have developed a Web UI application using Xforms and using Mozilla browser with XForms plug-in for display.

For large data data set (MB) , the forms takes a long time (10-15 seconds) to take.

Is there is any bench mark available or any idea on how we can do the bench marking?

Thanks in anticipation,

Best Regards,

Ritesh Sugandhi

Re: Query

Philipp Wagner-4
Am 23.11.2009 21:47, Sugandhi Ritesh EXT wrote:

> I have developed a Web UI application using Xforms and using Mozilla
> browser with XForms plug-in for display.
>
> For large data data set (MB) , the forms takes a long time (10-15
> seconds) to take.
>
> Is there is any bench mark available or any idea on how we can do the
> bench marking?

What do you want to benchmark? Compare Mozilla XForms to other
implementations on common forms? Mozilla XForms has problems with large
data sets, there are some bug reports open about it (like bug #435716).

Philipp

Re: Query

raja m
On Nov 24, 1:47 am, Sugandhi Ritesh EXT <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I have developed a Web UI application using Xforms and using Mozilla browser with XForms plug-in for display.
>
> For large data data set (MB) , the forms takes a long time (10-15 seconds) to take.
>
> Is there is any bench mark available or any idea on how we can do the bench marking?
>
> Thanks in anticipation,
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Ritesh Sugandhi

Hi !!!!
 You Put that large data set in data window option ...

RE: Query

Sugandhi Ritesh EXT

Thanks for reply and providing the reference,

My objective is to understand (not compare) how much data we can load at a time in XForms running on Mozilla. Since Mozilla is quite well known and stockholders are finding it very easier to use

I am expecting a input data file of size 100-500 MBs.

The input will help me to arrange my input so that I should not cross the maximum limit and manage the loading time.

Regards,

-- Ritesh

Am 25.11.2009 13:33, Sugandhi Ritesh EXT wrote:
> I am expecting a input data file of size 100-500 MBs.
>
> The input will help me to arrange my input so that I should not cross
> the maximum limit and manage the loading time.

I wouldn't expect such a big instance to load at all. I guess even a
instance with 1 MB will be rather slow. But depending on the form
elements you use you might have lower/higher limits. I don't have the
definite answer here, you'll need to try it.

Philipp