QA Discourse Space

Ioana Chiorean
Hi all,
As some of you might already know we have a space dedicated to QA team
and activities on the Discourse used by mozillians. As I did not see
many of us there I though to make it an official announcement here and
to invite you to explore it and use it for any of announcements,
opportunities, projects presentations, meetings etc..

https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/c/quality-assurance

Present yourself thread:
https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/present-yourself/1983/6

If you have any questions let me know. I might help.

Thanks Anthony and Marcia for setting this up!

Regards,
Ioana

Re: QA Discourse Space

Aaron Train
https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/c/quality-assurance/announcements <https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/c/quality-assurance/announcements>

We have too many places for announcements and we often forget to post to all of them and miss on social media channels. For this spot in particular, there’s no way to subscribe to updates so I don’t get the benefit, especially if one forgets to submit an event or announcement to this spot but has so on QMO. Is this a 'help-wanted' message board (as seen in the first post)?

Aaron Train
Sr. QE Engineer
Mozilla Corporation
https://quality.mozilla.org

> On Apr 28, 2015, at 8:14 AM, Ioana Chiorean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> As some of you might already know we have a space dedicated to QA team and activities on the Discourse used by mozillians. As I did not see many of us there I though to make it an official announcement here and to invite you to explore it and use it for any of announcements, opportunities, projects presentations, meetings etc..
>
> https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/c/quality-assurance
>
> Present yourself thread: https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/present-yourself/1983/6
>
> If you have any questions let me know. I might help.
>
> Thanks Anthony and Marcia for setting this up!
>
> Regards,
> Ioana

Re: QA Discourse Space

mhoye
On 2015-04-28 10:12 AM, Aaron Train wrote:
> https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/c/quality-assurance/announcements <https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/c/quality-assurance/announcements>
>
> We have too many places for announcements and we often forget to post to all of them and miss on social media channels. For this spot in particular, there’s no way to subscribe to updates so I don’t get the benefit, especially if one forgets to submit an event or announcement to this spot but has so on QMO. Is this a 'help-wanted' message board (as seen in the first post)?

Appending ".rss" to any of those feeds produces an RSS feed, and I'm
happy to add low-volume, high-value Discourse feeds to Planet.

- mhoye

Re: QA Discourse Space

Ioana Chiorean
Hi
I agree on having several announcement places and being hard to keep
track of them sometime.
As for /" there’s no way to subscribe to updates "/ there is actually at
the space and category level a watching/tracking/regular or mute option.
It does require an account.

There are some other tips and tricks - I am looking for a doc/video made
by a fellow rep expalinign them

Regards,
Ioana

On 04/28/2015 05:12 PM, Aaron Train wrote:

> https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/c/quality-assurance/announcements
>
> We have too many places for announcements and we often forget to post
> to all of them and miss on social media channels. For this spot in
> particular, there’s no way to subscribe to updates so I don’t get the
> benefit, especially if one forgets to submit an event or announcement
> to this spot but has so on QMO. Is this a 'help-wanted' message board
> (as seen in the first post)?
>
> Aaron Train
> Sr. QE Engineer
> Mozilla Corporation
> https://quality.mozilla.org
>
>> On Apr 28, 2015, at 8:14 AM, Ioana Chiorean
>> <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> As some of you might already know we have a space dedicated to QA
>> team and activities on the Discourse used by mozillians. As I did not
>> see many of us there I though to make it an official announcement
>> here and to invite you to explore it and use it for any of
>> announcements, opportunities, projects presentations, meetings etc..
>>
>> https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/c/quality-assurance
>>
>> Present yourself thread:
>> https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/present-yourself/1983/6
>>
>> If you have any questions let me know. I might help.
>>
>> Thanks Anthony and Marcia for setting this up!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ioana

Re: QA Discourse Space

Liz Henry (:lizzard)
On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 7:27 AM, Mike Hoye <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Appending ".rss" to any of those feeds produces an RSS feed, and I'm happy
> to add low-volume, high-value Discourse feeds to Planet.

According to the Planet Mozilla policies we don't add group or team blogs
there as it is meant to collect posts from individual community members.  (
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Planet_Mozilla)

- liz

----
Liz Henry (:lizzard)

Re: QA Discourse Space

mhoye
On 2015-04-28 1:49 PM, Liz Henry (:lizzard) wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 7:27 AM, Mike Hoye <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>

>     Appending ".rss" to any of those feeds produces an RSS feed, and
>     I'm happy to add low-volume, high-value Discourse feeds to Planet.
>

> According to the Planet Mozilla policies we don't add group or team
> blogs there as it is meant to collect posts from individual community
> members.  (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Planet_Mozilla)
I'll talk to my fellow peers, but we see meeting notes and team blogs
(rust, thunderbird, others)  there all the time and nobody has had a
problem with it so far.

I'd rather Planet be useful than strict, but let's see what my fellow
peers think.

- mhoye

Re: QA Discourse Space

Robert Kaiser
Liz Henry (:lizzard) schrieb:

> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 7:27 AM, Mike Hoye <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Appending ".rss" to any of those feeds produces an RSS feed, and I'm happy
>> to add low-volume, high-value Discourse feeds to Planet.
>>

> According to the Planet Mozilla policies we don't add group or team blogs
> there as it is meant to collect posts from individual community members.  (
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Planet_Mozilla)

But there is a Planet Mozilla Projects where those can be added.

KaiRo