Q: prevent opening thread

Roy Dolmans
Hello NG,

When reading my newsgroups i find it annoying that TB navigates
automatically to the newest message and opens also the thread with the
newest message. How can I prevent that?

(I read some forums and NGs but I only found that the beta-version can
do that by adding "mailnews.scroll_to_new_message" to the user.js)

greets,

Roy

Re: Q: prevent opening thread

Neil-4
Roy Dolmans wrote:

> When reading my newsgroups i find it annoying that TB navigates
> automatically to the newest message and opens also the thread with the
> newest message. How can I prevent that?
>
> (I read some forums and NGs but I only found that the beta-version can
> do that by adding "mailnews.scroll_to_new_message" to the user.js)

You could always unzip the JavaScript source code from messenger.jar
(?), edit the msgMail3PaneWindow.js file, and zip it back up.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.