Q:authentication

Roy Dolmans
Hello,

The newsserver news://news.uni-dsl.de:119/ requirs an authentication
(it's not an public server).

However TB doesn't ask me for any login name/pw. Can I fill in the login
name/pw somewhere manual?

greetz

Roy

Re: Q:authentication

Holger Metzger
Roy Dolmans wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The newsserver news://news.uni-dsl.de:119/ requirs an authentication
> (it's not an public server).
>
> However TB doesn't ask me for any login name/pw. Can I fill in the login
> name/pw somewhere manual?

Thunderbird should ask you automatically when you access the server for
the first time. If not, set "Always request authentication" in the
server settings.

--
Holger

Re: Q:authentication

Roy Dolmans
Holger Metzger wrote:

> Thunderbird should ask you automatically when you access the server for
> the first time. If not, set "Always request authentication" in the
> server settings.

Thnx, that was so simple; I just didn't see it :-p

Roy