Purpose of mozilla.test.multimedia

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
95 messages Options
12345
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Purpose of mozilla.test.multimedia

Justin Wood (Callek)-2
Terry R. wrote:
  > An issue you know very little about.  So why offer to take sides
because
> you "know" Gerv & Chris (which is what you stated in the beginning)?

..depends on the "issue" you claim here.  I claimed to be in support of
Chris I on this decision. And *not* in support of any removed based on
*this* decision.

I stood by it then, and I stand by it now.

If there are other *examples* of Chris I doing things that warrant his
removal, do two things please:

* Start a *petition* to get him removed, [if there are that many people
against him as you say, then getting a petition filled fast should be easy]
* Show me the examples, [If I find them damning evidence I'll also sign
that petition]

Either way please:
* Please stop pretending that you are better than everyone here,
including me.

--
Thanks,
~Justin Wood (Callek)
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Purpose of mozilla.test.multimedia

Terry R.
On 12/7/2007 6:09 PM On a whim, Justin Wood (Callek) pounded out on the
keyboard

> Terry R. wrote:
>   > An issue you know very little about.  So why offer to take sides
> because
>> you "know" Gerv & Chris (which is what you stated in the beginning)?
>
> ..depends on the "issue" you claim here.  I claimed to be in support of
> Chris I on this decision. And *not* in support of any removed based on
> *this* decision.
>
> I stood by it then, and I stand by it now.
>
> If there are other *examples* of Chris I doing things that warrant his
> removal, do two things please:
>
> * Start a *petition* to get him removed, [if there are that many people
> against him as you say, then getting a petition filled fast should be easy]
> * Show me the examples, [If I find them damning evidence I'll also sign
> that petition]
>
> Either way please:
> * Please stop pretending that you are better than everyone here,
> including me.
>

Excuse me, you're the one that dropped in from space and placed your
"vote".  I have been in these groups since they started, and secnews
before that.  Most here that have posted have stated that Chris I has
overstepped his boundaries many times.  And as many as have voiced their
feelings on this issue in this group, it's obvious a "petition" is
worthless.  I'm not pretending to be better.  You just don't have all
the facts and are basing your opinions on what limited facts you have.

It seems to me that YOU would be the one who feels "better than everyone
else", and you're dropping a bit of your wisdom on all of us (like your
post in "A way forward" at 5:59).  Thanks, but no thanks.

--
Terry R.
Anti-spam measures are included in my email address.
Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Purpose of mozilla.test.multimedia

Justin Wood (Callek)-2
Terry R. wrote:
> it's obvious a "petition" is
> worthless.

How so, start one, and we'll see how many signatures you get...

> I'm not pretending to be better.  You just don't have all
> the facts and are basing your opinions on what limited facts you have.
>

If there is no pretending here, give me some facts, give me some
examples....

At least myself and gerv are actually asking for them!

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Purpose of mozilla.test.multimedia

Justin Wood (Callek)-2
Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
> Terry R. wrote:
>> it's obvious a "petition" is worthless.
>
> How so, start one, and we'll see how many signatures you get...
>

O, and just to present some facts for myself ("recent authors" numbers
from google groups):

mozilla.test.multimedia Activity   Low - 33 recent authors
mozilla.support.firefox Activity   High - 95 recent authors
mozilla.support.thunderbird Activity   High - 100 recent authors
mozilla.support.seamonkey Activity   Medium - 95 recent authors

Now, given those "recent activity" numbers, I know for a fact that that
doesn't track all subscribers, as people subscribe many different ways,
and that is just the *recent* group contributors too... so real numbers
are probably "somewhat near" those.

And even assuming that every one of those authors is also not wholly
unique to that particular group, we have at *most* ~100 people we care
about, and at least ~33 people.

I don't recall (from rough estimate, I don't have the motivation to
count right now) >15 people even asking for Chris I's removal from MTMM
alone, nevermind the support groups... and that is assuming a "basic
majority wants it" is enough; For just the "majority says so" I'd prefer
a 2/3'rds majority in a situation like this... but even then, actual
facts pre-empt opinion by far, so I'd still like examples.

And my numbers are merely presented as evidence that a petition may not
be a bad thing...

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Purpose of mozilla.test.multimedia

Gervase Markham
In reply to this post by Gus Richter
Gus Richter wrote:
> MTMM is basically to test out Mozilla's Mail Client for HTML capability
> in order to give us equal or better capability than O/OE users. Our hope
> has always been to attract as many O/OE users to Moz Mail Client as
> possible. Like it or not, there a millions of people using HTML in Mail
> (call it Rich Text, binary or whatever). What you perceive as testing
> binaries on the group is what is being done with every HTML posting. If
> something does not work, someone figures out why, find workarounds and
> submit a Bug Report.

Just for my interest, can you give me a link to a list of bug reports
filed on these capabilities by MTMM regulars?

> This can only be done by submitting postings as one
> would out in the wild. None of your non-existing binary testing by devs
> can do that.

If that argument were true, Mozilla would also host web pages.

We don't need to host such a group if all that's posted as the same
things that are "out in the wild". People can read whatever other groups
there are and file bugs based on those postings. Or, if there are no
such other groups, then clearly it's a feature that no-one uses :-)

Gerv
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Purpose of mozilla.test.multimedia

squaredancer
On 08.12.2007 12:58, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Gervase
Markham to generate the following:? :

> Gus Richter wrote:
>  
>> MTMM is basically to test out Mozilla's Mail Client for HTML capability
>> in order to give us equal or better capability than O/OE users. Our hope
>> has always been to attract as many O/OE users to Moz Mail Client as
>> possible. Like it or not, there a millions of people using HTML in Mail
>> (call it Rich Text, binary or whatever). What you perceive as testing
>> binaries on the group is what is being done with every HTML posting. If
>> something does not work, someone figures out why, find workarounds and
>> submit a Bug Report.
>>    
>
> Just for my interest, can you give me a link to a list of bug reports
> filed on these capabilities by MTMM regulars?
>
>  
>> This can only be done by submitting postings as one
>> would out in the wild. None of your non-existing binary testing by devs
>> can do that.
>>    
>
> If that argument were true, Mozilla would also host web pages.
>
> We don't need to host such a group if all that's posted as the same
> things that are "out in the wild". People can read whatever other groups
> there are and file bugs based on those postings. Or, if there are no
> such other groups, then clearly it's a feature that no-one uses :-)
>
> Gerv
>  

Gerv - when JoeS gets to you again, ask him for that list - in all the
testing done in MTMM (that I have partaken in, seen done) JoeS was
usually the "driving force".
It was / is JoeS who instructed the users on "how to get it working" and
also followed up any quirks that were found, with a bug report or RFE.
He was / is also the one in that community who was / is in contact with
any dev who showed any interest in the testing being done on MTMM (which
doesn't amount to very much, but he tried)

reg
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Purpose of mozilla.test.multimedia

Jay Garcia
In reply to this post by Justin Wood (Callek)-2
On 08.12.2007 00:48, Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:

 --- Original Message ---

> Terry R. wrote:
>> it's obvious a "petition" is
>> worthless.
>
> How so, start one, and we'll see how many signatures you get...
>
>> I'm not pretending to be better.  You just don't have all
>> the facts and are basing your opinions on what limited facts you have.
>>
>
> If there is no pretending here, give me some facts, give me some
> examples....
>
> At least myself and gerv are actually asking for them!
>

All of the facts have been presented to Gerv and he has made the
decision to make a decision regarding the fate of MTMM and the creation
of M.General.Multimedia .. end of story for now, no petitions, no
further discussion needed, thanks.


--
Jay Garcia - Netscape Champion
Marketing,Staff and Forums Consultant
Netscape Communications Corporation
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Purpose of mozilla.test.multimedia

Justin Wood (Callek)-2
Jay Garcia wrote:

> On 08.12.2007 00:48, Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
>
>  --- Original Message ---
>
>> Terry R. wrote:
>>> it's obvious a "petition" is
>>> worthless.
>> How so, start one, and we'll see how many signatures you get...
>>
>>> I'm not pretending to be better.  You just don't have all
>>> the facts and are basing your opinions on what limited facts you have.
>>>
>> If there is no pretending here, give me some facts, give me some
>> examples....
>>
>> At least myself and gerv are actually asking for them!
>>
>
> All of the facts have been presented to Gerv and he has made the
> decision to make a decision regarding the fate of MTMM and the creation
> of M.General.Multimedia .. end of story for now, no petitions, no
> further discussion needed, thanks.
>
>

If "all of the facts have been presented..." please [re] present them to me.

They have already been gathered after all, right?

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Purpose of mozilla.test.multimedia

Jay Garcia
On 08.12.2007 09:06, Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:

 --- Original Message ---

> Jay Garcia wrote:
>> On 08.12.2007 00:48, Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
>>
>>  --- Original Message ---
>>
>>> Terry R. wrote:
>>>> it's obvious a "petition" is
>>>> worthless.
>>> How so, start one, and we'll see how many signatures you get...
>>>
>>>> I'm not pretending to be better.  You just don't have all
>>>> the facts and are basing your opinions on what limited facts you have.
>>>>
>>> If there is no pretending here, give me some facts, give me some
>>> examples....
>>>
>>> At least myself and gerv are actually asking for them!
>>>
>>
>> All of the facts have been presented to Gerv and he has made the
>> decision to make a decision regarding the fate of MTMM and the creation
>> of M.General.Multimedia .. end of story for now, no petitions, no
>> further discussion needed, thanks.
>>
>>
>
> If "all of the facts have been presented..." please [re] present them to me.
>
> They have already been gathered after all, right?
>

All posted in the "A Way Forward" thread as well as private mailed to
Gerv. Nothing new in the emails just a bit more civilized. You can email
Gerv for a synopsis if you care to do so.

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape Champion
Marketing,Staff and Forums Consultant
Netscape Communications Corporation
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Purpose of mozilla.test.multimedia

L.Undercover
In reply to this post by Terry R.

"Terry R." <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> On 12/6/2007 1:22 PM On a whim, Gervase Markham pounded out on the
> keyboard
>
>> There has recently been some confusion about the purpose of this group.
>>
> <snip>
>>
>> This is in line with the brief group description here:
>> http://www.mozilla.org/community/developer-forums.html
>> "mozilla.test.multimedia For binary test messages."
>>
>> This means that people posting will generally be people involved in
>> Mozilla or other project QA, who are testing these particular features of
>> Thunderbird, The Mozilla Suite etc. And that traffic should therefore be
>> pretty low.
>>
>> Neither of these groups is for general discussion.
>>
> <snip>
>> Gerv
>
> I'm sorry, but NO ONE I know of that posts in MTMM is "involved in Mozilla
> or other project QA".  Never seem 'em.
>
> So are you kicking all of us out?  I'm sure we'd all like to know, so we
> know exactly which server to continue using, and WHICH community to
> support.
>
> --
> Terry R.
> Anti-spam measures are included in my email address.
> Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply.

>
>
>
>
Hi Terry:  I used Mozilla Suite for quite sometime until everyone stopped
posting in MTMM which was used by Mozilla a few years ago.  Time flies.....
Of course I am not a pro like you guys, so could be very wrong. I do know
they use Seamonkey in here now, and was intending to get a Macbook and have
Seamonkey installed, however, I have second thoughts now.  I always thought
it was a place to try to use it like NTMM was years ago.  Guess I am not in
the loop so don't know what the heck is going on half the time anymore.
Anyway, I check in once in awhile, I am using OE for stationery, a little
scripting, graphics etc. and was enjoying it until recently.  I  still play
in PSP X1 and I thought, that's what this group was for, graphics and music.
Oh well, live and learn :)
-evie


_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Purpose of mozilla.test.multimedia

squaredancer
On 08.12.2007 23:29, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  L.Undercover
to generate the following:? :

> "Terry R." <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:[hidden email]...
>  
>> On 12/6/2007 1:22 PM On a whim, Gervase Markham pounded out on the
>> keyboard
>>
>>    
>>> There has recently been some confusion about the purpose of this group.
>>>
>>>      
>> <snip>
>>    
>>> This is in line with the brief group description here:
>>> http://www.mozilla.org/community/developer-forums.html
>>> "mozilla.test.multimedia For binary test messages."
>>>
>>> This means that people posting will generally be people involved in
>>> Mozilla or other project QA, who are testing these particular features of
>>> Thunderbird, The Mozilla Suite etc. And that traffic should therefore be
>>> pretty low.
>>>
>>> Neither of these groups is for general discussion.
>>>
>>>      
>> <snip>
>>    
>>> Gerv
>>>      
>> I'm sorry, but NO ONE I know of that posts in MTMM is "involved in Mozilla
>> or other project QA".  Never seem 'em.
>>
>> So are you kicking all of us out?  I'm sure we'd all like to know, so we
>> know exactly which server to continue using, and WHICH community to
>> support.
>>
>> --
>> Terry R.
>> Anti-spam measures are included in my email address.
>> Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply.
>>    
>
>  
>>
>>
>>    
> Hi Terry:  I used Mozilla Suite for quite sometime until everyone stopped
> posting in MTMM which was used by Mozilla a few years ago.  Time flies.....
> Of course I am not a pro like you guys, so could be very wrong. I do know
> they use Seamonkey in here now, and was intending to get a Macbook and have
> Seamonkey installed, however, I have second thoughts now.  I always thought
> it was a place to try to use it like NTMM was years ago.  Guess I am not in
> the loop so don't know what the heck is going on half the time anymore.
> Anyway, I check in once in awhile, I am using OE for stationery, a little
> scripting, graphics etc. and was enjoying it until recently.  I  still play
> in PSP X1 and I thought, that's what this group was for, graphics and music.
> Oh well, live and learn :)
> -evie
>
>
>  


well, evie
the MTMM connection to OE was /is "L" - she tests (or, sorry to say, she
tested) in MTMM, cross-posted to OE, checked if the thingies worked
there and told us.

This is one of the many features that were tested (past participle, as
MTMM has bee slaughtered by Chris Ilias) - the quasi cross-platform
features - available or latent - in the Gecko engine!

reg
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Purpose of mozilla.test.multimedia

PhillipJones
In reply to this post by L.Undercover
L.Undercover wrote:

> "Terry R." <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:[hidden email]...
>> On 12/6/2007 1:22 PM On a whim, Gervase Markham pounded out on the
>> keyboard
>>
>>> There has recently been some confusion about the purpose of this group.
>>>
>> <snip>
>>> This is in line with the brief group description here:
>>> http://www.mozilla.org/community/developer-forums.html
>>> "mozilla.test.multimedia For binary test messages."
>>>
>>> This means that people posting will generally be people involved in
>>> Mozilla or other project QA, who are testing these particular features of
>>> Thunderbird, The Mozilla Suite etc. And that traffic should therefore be
>>> pretty low.
>>>
>>> Neither of these groups is for general discussion.
>>>
>> <snip>
>>> Gerv
>> I'm sorry, but NO ONE I know of that posts in MTMM is "involved in Mozilla
>> or other project QA".  Never seem 'em.
>>
>> So are you kicking all of us out?  I'm sure we'd all like to know, so we
>> know exactly which server to continue using, and WHICH community to
>> support.
>>
>> --
>> Terry R.
>> Anti-spam measures are included in my email address.
>> Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply.
>
>>
>>
>>
> Hi Terry:  I used Mozilla Suite for quite sometime until everyone stopped
> posting in MTMM which was used by Mozilla a few years ago.  Time flies.....
> Of course I am not a pro like you guys, so could be very wrong. I do know
> they use Seamonkey in here now, and was intending to get a Macbook and have
> Seamonkey installed, however, I have second thoughts now.  I always thought
> it was a place to try to use it like NTMM was years ago.  Guess I am not in
> the loop so don't know what the heck is going on half the time anymore.
> Anyway, I check in once in awhile, I am using OE for stationery, a little
> scripting, graphics etc. and was enjoying it until recently.  I  still play
> in PSP X1 and I thought, that's what this group was for, graphics and music.
> Oh well, live and learn :)
> -evie
>
>
By all mean get the Mac and by All means load up SeaMonkey 1.1.7 Don't
punish a Platform or an Application as a result of a Dictatorial
Moderator on the the MTMM Group. supposedly Grev is seeing the light and
creating a new Group in which the offending party will have no ownership
nor any oversight of the Group. You can always come over to NTMM until
Has that server destroyed either at his on hand or by some henchman.
Wouldn't surprise me if he broke into AOL fond the server and take a
sledge hammer to it. We'll just have wait and hope he doesn't.

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phillip M. Jones, CET                                http://www.vpea.org
If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!            mailto:[hidden email]
                              http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm
Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9               Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 Gb, OSX.4.10
------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Purpose of mozilla.test.multimedia

L.Undercover
In reply to this post by squaredancer

"squaredancer" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> On 08.12.2007 23:29, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  L.Undercover to
> generate the following:? :
>> "Terry R." <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>> news:[hidden email]...
>>
>>> On 12/6/2007 1:22 PM On a whim, Gervase Markham pounded out on the
>>> keyboard
>>>
>>>
>>>> There has recently been some confusion about the purpose of this group.
>>>>
>>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>>> This is in line with the brief group description here:
>>>> http://www.mozilla.org/community/developer-forums.html
>>>> "mozilla.test.multimedia For binary test messages."
>>>>
>>>> This means that people posting will generally be people involved in
>>>> Mozilla or other project QA, who are testing these particular features
>>>> of Thunderbird, The Mozilla Suite etc. And that traffic should
>>>> therefore be pretty low.
>>>>
>>>> Neither of these groups is for general discussion.
>>>>
>>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>>> Gerv
>>>>
>>> I'm sorry, but NO ONE I know of that posts in MTMM is "involved in
>>> Mozilla or other project QA".  Never seem 'em.
>>>
>>> So are you kicking all of us out?  I'm sure we'd all like to know, so we
>>> know exactly which server to continue using, and WHICH community to
>>> support.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Terry R.
>>> Anti-spam measures are included in my email address.
>>> Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply.
>>>
>>
>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>> Hi Terry:  I used Mozilla Suite for quite sometime until everyone stopped
>> posting in MTMM which was used by Mozilla a few years ago.  Time
>> flies..... Of course I am not a pro like you guys, so could be very
>> wrong. I do know they use Seamonkey in here now, and was intending to get
>> a Macbook and have Seamonkey installed, however, I have second thoughts
>> now.  I always thought it was a place to try to use it like NTMM was
>> years ago.  Guess I am not in the loop so don't know what the heck is
>> going on half the time anymore.
>> Anyway, I check in once in awhile, I am using OE for stationery, a little
>> scripting, graphics etc. and was enjoying it until recently.  I  still
>> play in PSP X1 and I thought, that's what this group was for, graphics
>> and music. Oh well, live and learn :)
>> -evie
>>
>>
>
>
> well, evie
> the MTMM connection to OE was /is "L" - she tests (or, sorry to say, she
> tested) in MTMM, cross-posted to OE, checked if the thingies worked there
> and told us.
>
> This is one of the many features that were tested (past participle, as
> MTMM has bee slaughtered by Chris Ilias) - the quasi cross-platform
> features - available or latent - in the Gecko engine!
>
> reg
>
>
>
>
Yes reg, :) that was me... Well I had so many problems with my PC with
OE/IE, in the past year that I didn't dare try to download SeaMonkey or any
other Mozilla programs again.
I did do some posting with Joe with Mozilla suite probably 2 or 3 years ago,
but I had a lot of difficulty using both Mozilla suite and IE/OE.  That's
before they were compatible.
I am going to buy a new computer, might get a Macbook as it will probably be
the last puter I will buy :)
thanks for replying anyway, even though it's been slaughtered.... sounds so
violent :)
-evie


_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Purpose of mozilla.test.multimedia

L.Undercover
In reply to this post by PhillipJones

"Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> L.Undercover wrote:
>> "Terry R." <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>> news:[hidden email]...
>>> On 12/6/2007 1:22 PM On a whim, Gervase Markham pounded out on the
>>> keyboard
>>>
>>>> There has recently been some confusion about the purpose of this group.
>>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>> This is in line with the brief group description here:
>>>> http://www.mozilla.org/community/developer-forums.html
>>>> "mozilla.test.multimedia For binary test messages."
>>>>
>>>> This means that people posting will generally be people involved in
>>>> Mozilla or other project QA, who are testing these particular features
>>>> of Thunderbird, The Mozilla Suite etc. And that traffic should
>>>> therefore be pretty low.
>>>>
>>>> Neither of these groups is for general discussion.
>>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>> Gerv
>>> I'm sorry, but NO ONE I know of that posts in MTMM is "involved in
>>> Mozilla or other project QA".  Never seem 'em.
>>>
>>> So are you kicking all of us out?  I'm sure we'd all like to know, so we
>>> know exactly which server to continue using, and WHICH community to
>>> support.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Terry R.
>>> Anti-spam measures are included in my email address.
>>> Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply.
>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>> Hi Terry:  I used Mozilla Suite for quite sometime until everyone stopped
>> posting in MTMM which was used by Mozilla a few years ago.  Time
>> flies..... Of course I am not a pro like you guys, so could be very
>> wrong. I do know they use Seamonkey in here now, and was intending to get
>> a Macbook and have Seamonkey installed, however, I have second thoughts
>> now.  I always thought it was a place to try to use it like NTMM was
>> years ago.  Guess I am not in the loop so don't know what the heck is
>> going on half the time anymore.
>> Anyway, I check in once in awhile, I am using OE for stationery, a little
>> scripting, graphics etc. and was enjoying it until recently.  I  still
>> play in PSP X1 and I thought, that's what this group was for, graphics
>> and music. Oh well, live and learn :)
>> -evie
> By all mean get the Mac and by All means load up SeaMonkey 1.1.7 Don't
> punish a Platform or an Application as a result of a Dictatorial Moderator
> on the the MTMM Group. supposedly Grev is seeing the light and creating a
> new Group in which the offending party will have no ownership nor any
> oversight of the Group. You can always come over to NTMM until Has that
> server destroyed either at his on hand or by some henchman. Wouldn't
> surprise me if he broke into AOL fond the server and take a sledge hammer
> to it. We'll just have wait and hope he doesn't.
>
> --
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Phillip M. Jones, CET                                http://www.vpea.org
> If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!            mailto:[hidden email]
>                              http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm
> Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9               Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 Gb, OSX.4.10
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
>
Hi Phillip, how are you doing?  It's been quite some time since we replied
to each other.
I must say I haven't been doing much in here,
not with this computer anyway.
I will buy a Macbook I think and hope it will be comfortable to work on,
otherwise I will get an Imac.   If it ever stops snowing here so that I can
find a parking space in the shopping centre otherwise I will have to wait
until next month.
I am thinking of D/L Seamonkey anyway and giving it a whirl:) Thanks Phillip
-evie


_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Purpose of mozilla.test.multimedia

JoeS-3
L.Undercover wrote:

> "Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:[hidden email]...
>> L.Undercover wrote:
>>> "Terry R." <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>>> news:[hidden email]...
>>>> On 12/6/2007 1:22 PM On a whim, Gervase Markham pounded out on the
>>>> keyboard
>>>>
>>>>> There has recently been some confusion about the purpose of this group.
>>>>>
>>>> <snip>
>>>>> This is in line with the brief group description here:
>>>>> http://www.mozilla.org/community/developer-forums.html
>>>>> "mozilla.test.multimedia For binary test messages."
>>>>>
>>>>> This means that people posting will generally be people involved in
>>>>> Mozilla or other project QA, who are testing these particular features
>>>>> of Thunderbird, The Mozilla Suite etc. And that traffic should
>>>>> therefore be pretty low.
>>>>>
>>>>> Neither of these groups is for general discussion.
>>>>>
>>>> <snip>
>>>>> Gerv
>>>> I'm sorry, but NO ONE I know of that posts in MTMM is "involved in
>>>> Mozilla or other project QA".  Never seem 'em.
>>>>
>>>> So are you kicking all of us out?  I'm sure we'd all like to know, so we
>>>> know exactly which server to continue using, and WHICH community to
>>>> support.
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Terry R.
>>>> Anti-spam measures are included in my email address.
>>>> Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply.
>>>>
>>>>
>>> Hi Terry:  I used Mozilla Suite for quite sometime until everyone stopped
>>> posting in MTMM which was used by Mozilla a few years ago.  Time
>>> flies..... Of course I am not a pro like you guys, so could be very
>>> wrong. I do know they use Seamonkey in here now, and was intending to get
>>> a Macbook and have Seamonkey installed, however, I have second thoughts
>>> now.  I always thought it was a place to try to use it like NTMM was
>>> years ago.  Guess I am not in the loop so don't know what the heck is
>>> going on half the time anymore.
>>> Anyway, I check in once in awhile, I am using OE for stationery, a little
>>> scripting, graphics etc. and was enjoying it until recently.  I  still
>>> play in PSP X1 and I thought, that's what this group was for, graphics
>>> and music. Oh well, live and learn :)
>>> -evie
>> By all mean get the Mac and by All means load up SeaMonkey 1.1.7 Don't
>> punish a Platform or an Application as a result of a Dictatorial Moderator
>> on the the MTMM Group. supposedly Grev is seeing the light and creating a
>> new Group in which the offending party will have no ownership nor any
>> oversight of the Group. You can always come over to NTMM until Has that
>> server destroyed either at his on hand or by some henchman. Wouldn't
>> surprise me if he broke into AOL fond the server and take a sledge hammer
>> to it. We'll just have wait and hope he doesn't.
>>
>> --
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Phillip M. Jones, CET                                http://www.vpea.org
>> If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!            mailto:[hidden email]
>>                              http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm
>> Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9               Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 Gb, OSX.4.10
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>>
>>
> Hi Phillip, how are you doing?  It's been quite some time since we replied
> to each other.
> I must say I haven't been doing much in here,
> not with this computer anyway.
> I will buy a Macbook I think and hope it will be comfortable to work on,
> otherwise I will get an Imac.   If it ever stops snowing here so that I can
> find a parking space in the shopping centre otherwise I will have to wait
> until next month.
> I am thinking of D/L Seamonkey anyway and giving it a whirl:) Thanks Phillip
> -evie
>
>
Hi Lorraine,
This group is in the process of change, and now only permits developer type test posts.
A new group may be set up, but that is to be determined. Information on that group will be posted here,
but in the mean time, no general posts like this will be permitted.
I hope things are going OK with you, and standby for further info on the new group.
JoeS

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
12345